Gilma

from Mangalore, Karnataka
Mar 1, 2023
Apr 3, 2023
This thread was updated on Apr 3, 2023

Service was done three days back but I have not received the bill for the service nor anyone is responding to my request. I have paid Rs 5250.

I didn't expect this kind of carelessness from the company I have called them 20 times no response
Very careless customer service. Don't buy gilma products

M
    Merlin mathew
    Dec 21, 2022

Address:Kochuvellarathu house VAYALATHALA po pathanamthitta Ranni pincode 689672,phn number 6238427634

2 years back inhad technical problem on my electric Chimney due to a thunderstorm. So i called mechanic from Gilma.He came and took the electric touch system from the chimney and said he will repair it and bring back and took 1500 rupees from us. After that he never showed up.Whenever we will call he says he will come and will never come.Phone number of the mechanics is [protected]

Sam Benhur
      Dec 18, 2021

Address:JS BENHUR RAMARAO PET KAKINADA

I am a resident of kakinada in a.p, using gilma chimney cum stove since 2017. my stove got a problem with its flame with gas leak. though its a complaint i have been trying to give, no person from fault repair unit is responding.
      gas stove complaint.not attending even the emergency complaints for moths long

G
        G Sudhi Kumar Reddy
        Nov 19, 2021

Address:Ngr layout,Sri vari nilaya doddakannelli Sarjapur Road bangalore-560035
        Website:Gilma chimney

I had complaint my chimney is not working properly gilma service person came and removed the chimney and said he will come back and solve the problem. It’s been more than 10days still no one has come

Spoorthi bop
          Aug 31, 2021

The burner turned black with cracks generating enormous amounts of soot, ruining the vessels. It spoiled the steel ring around it too. When we visited the showrooms for replacement parts, they said no they should come home and do everything, including their service changers and travel charges . When we said we don’t want that they misguided with some location to go to. Then we called a different showrooms and told we want the parts they charged exhorbitant charges, that flimsy steel circle is 200 bucks. Total rip off. I will no one in my friends circle to buy Gilma and I’m waiting to change my brand of stove and chimney

Naveen Bobby
            Feb 14, 2021

Address:4-50/3 sri balaji colony phase 1

I have purchased a chimney and stove, your service are very bad. Your technician and showroom incharge are not telling the actual details and at the time of fitting they are adding unnecessary charges.

L
              Latha99

We have bought a stove from Gilma Company on[protected].The knobs of the stove always gets heated when we switch on any one of the burners of the stove and also there is a starting problem with burners.There is also a problem with ignition of the stove.So kindly look after the issue.

anusimethy
                from Robertsonpet, Karnataka

Address:Bangalore, Karnataka

I am facing problem with the gilma geyser from the very next day i purchased the product. This has become an ongoing problem and they were never been able to find a fix. Initially the dealer told he will replace the geyser if they are not able to fix. They fixed it and within 3 months it stopped heating water. Again i have to raise a complaint to fix the issue and the same process continued multiple times. Now also i am facing the same problem and they have fixed 4 weeks back but from the very next day it stopped heating water. Since then i'm following up to get it fixed but of no use. This time i paid rs.2000 to fix and i lost that money too... Gilma geyser is a worst product and it is highly frustrating to go through all these pain after purchasing this product.

C
                  C S Nagaraj Chikkalure
                  from Robertsonpet, Karnataka

Address:Bangalore, Karnataka

I am from bangalore. I had complained about gas stove burner problem on 11.8.2017. My complaint number is 778517. A person visited our house on 14.8.2017 and inspected and assured that he will come back on 16.8.2017 and replace the burner. He did not turn up on that day. I called his mobile several times and he did not receive my call. Then i called call centre and i was asked to wait and the person never called me. After repeated attempt to call the call centre, i finally got the response from call centre and i was given customer centre no. I called customer centre and i was told that the burner is not available and will be supplied on 21.8.2017. I tried to call customer centre on 21.8.2017, but for almost entire morning i got engage sound. Again i called call centre number and i was asked to wait and after several minutes the phone got disconnected. Again i dialed the call centre number and i was told that i will be called back after some time and that time never came. I again called the call centre but i was told that the burner is not available and only next week it will be supplied.

Gilma is a very horrible company with with worst customer care. While buying the items, we will be promised with very good after sale service. How such a company with such a worst customer care could survive in the market. I will never ever recommend gilma product to any one. The several complaints lodged in this section is testimony to that.

Great gilma great!!!

C s nagaraj
                  Bangalore
                  Sep 10, 2017
                  Lt Cdr Santosh Kumar's response
                  its been nearly 10 days
                  No technician turned up for servicing kitchen chimney despite regisitering request on phone to gilma customer care.

V
                    Vinod Jeengar ([email protected])
                    Dec 18, 2021
                    This thread was updated on Dec 18, 2021

Address:560102
                    Website:Gilma Service Center

I (Vinod kumar jeengar) had raised a complaint 3 months ago around 25 may 2017 (Mobile number [protected]) and the technician visited on time once where inner tank which under warrant of 10 years but they have not changed even called 50 to 70 times. Their gilma service center number of 1800 doesn't connect even you try multiple times and they disconnect the phone them selves as they are not able to resolve the query. Also the bangalore servce center number[protected] is also having same issue. They are not providing any information and telling it takes time but how much that they are not telling.
                    I request you to get it resolved.
                    I too faced this ...I am a resident of Kakinada...gas stove complaint.not attending even the emergency complaints for moths long.

R
                      Raghavendra Reddy84

Address:560061

My water heater/geyser has stopped working and i have raised the complaint with customer service department on june 13th and reference number is 741661, where one of the reprensetataive has attended the problem asked to replace the coil, its been almost 30 days nobody is responding and keep doing false promises for coil replacement. But no action has been taken please solve this as soon as possible.

stephen inbaraj

Address:560098

We have purchased 4 burner hob. They are certain problem regarding burner. Two big burner not working in past one month, the complaint given in cc no on 8 th may 2017. Complaint no 720649. But no action taken from gilma service center. And also 6th june 2017 visited service center in jayanagar branch. & had conversation with mr. Prem service incharge. He gave politician assurance to rectify with in the 14 th june 2017. Past one month i am calling customer care no & jayanagr service center. I am un happy with gilma products. Please solve my problem soon as possible

(Please don't by any gilma product its my personal advice to all new customer)

Arun Enderprasad

Address:Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, 500059
                          Website:Gilma.com

Ref.607930.Techy called during office hours on 25.10.2016.we were not at home.He said he'll come on 26.10.2016 at 9.a.m.but failed. I called him he said he'll come at 12.30 p.m.He failed then i called him around 1.15 p.m.He said he was busy.I daid ill. Complain.He spoke rudely n told to complain to anybody.his no.[protected].pls take action so that i dont have to approach higher Authority

Praveen PK

Address:Bangalore, Karnataka, 562125
                            Website:Gilma

We had purchaced a SOlar water heater in jan 2012. It started leaking in dec 2015 and we complained to CCare rep. the company rep visited and told to replace the tank which costs Rs 16000 including installation. Same amount i spend for new one 3.5 yrs ago. It is a bad product sold and also discouraging for investing for renewable sorce of energy. Such substandard product is sold by the company making us waste our hard earned money. Pls take necessary action on such company selling substandard products. Pls help me in getting the tank replaced free of cost or on a substancial concessional rate from the company since they have sold a substandard product. The frame and tubular solar panels are intact. Pls do the needful.

Sai Sreekantt M

Address:Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, 500097
                              Website:gilmastore.com

We have requested for a repair of a light in chimney 1 weeek back, everyday they are postponing the work saying the same answer everyday which is needy for everyday work. I would request immediate action against the Gilma and its Customer services and a lag in their work for the recklessness towards customers. I also experiences regular problems and repairs in their devices. I complained in Gilma services, Nagalo branch, Hyderabad
                              Gilma water heater / Geyser is desiged for cauvery water and for borewell water, and once in a six months we need to ask Gilma service guy to come and clean the tank which salty particles. otherwise water will not be heated and it gives you sound. For this they charge Rs.350 for service. even though warranty is there, it will cover this cleaning.

H
                                Hanumanth.M

Address:Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh

Hi This is regarding the Complaint number 308286, The ticket was raised a week back and the kind of service I am receiving is really disturbing. We had a engineer visited our home, but he is really unprofessional and rude behavior, he don’t even know how to talk to the customers and when asked him to verify the issue with my Geyser, he avoided doing any testing and simply said it has a filament issue without even testing anything. And when asked him to repair it he said don’t have the filament with him. I really don’t know what’s the purpose of visiting the house without any solution. And after I have been contacting the Hyderabad Gilma supervisor head Mr. Suresh, who is also very un professional with his communication and providing false promises saying he will resolve the issue within a day from past 5 days. I have already lost the faith on Gilma and would never recommend anyone to buy it. I would like to see someone take up the issue immediately and resolve it as soon as possible. Thank you Regard Hanumanth +91 [protected]
                                I would like to complain about the gas stove.we have a 4 burner gas stove. Recently one of the burner is not working .
                                So make sure that this problem will be solved as soon as possible.

Vimal Sujathan
                                  from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala

Address:Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala

I need to register a complaint regarding the GLASS TOP OF THE 3 BURNER STOVE glass exploding and we were shocked to see the glass hob top broken.The glass were shattered all over the kitchen and could have caused serious fatality, luckily no one was inside the kitchen when the incident happened. We contacted the local dealer in Trivandrum from where we had bought this. The response from the dealer was upsetting as if this was a frequent incident and nothing new. We would request a serious inquiry on the same and avoid similar incident in future FYI, We will also approach consumer protection in Trivandrum and file a complaint against the product. BR, Vimal Sujathan Trivandrum [protected] [protected]

M
                                    mahesh_krp

Address:Bangalore, Karnataka

I had raised complaint 2 weeks back with complaint number 108811. Following twice every day, but only answer they will come today. For escalations the Manager Deepak does not even pickup the calls. Every day atleast 5 calls being made to him, he does not even pick up the call nor call back. Today again provided another number of Narender who again just disconnects the call. Very pathetic service. Advise no one to buy products from GILMA and if at all buy it by mistake dont even register any complaints to them. They are irresponsible people

nageshdangar

Respected Sir,

This is nagesh from hyderabad i had purchased chimney valido on 20/05/11 here at hyderabad (asroa nagar branch ) the product gave to me at 31/05/11 and the product was duplicate one

The Product was not a
                                      stainless steel.
                                      no logo on the body of the chimney.
                                      motor sound is heavy.
                                      suction power is very less.

C
                                        c.s.rajan
                                        from Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Address:Rangareddy, Andhra Pradesh

Very Very Poor customer service& irresponsible persons at customer care centre

We recently bought a Gilma hob and chimney (August 09). from hyderabad exhibitionThe lights in the chimney stopped working. & The ignition is not working I had given complaint to service centre on[protected] and they have given the complaint number as 276 they said they will attend within 48 hours.on[protected] again i have reminded to service centre about my complaint service centre people said that we are unable to get my address, then i have taken service centre incharge sri Mohan cell number and i have spoken with him he said i will look into this,but till today there is no response from the service centre incharge. from the starting of installation i am unhappy with the behaviour of techinician i think i have done a mistake by purchasing Gilma product, my advise to all the poeple not to purchase Gilma product at all.
                                        Aug 13, 2020
                                        The Gilma service is not good at all and the technicians are charging very high service cost for simple things. The prices of the parts they are replacing are not standard and the technicians start bargaining when you reject due to high cost. Looks like they are making more money just by the Services rather by selling the product.

I recommend not to go for any gilma products, very bad experience with them.

praveen.ramanna

Address:Bangalore, Karnataka

I have broughta new GILMA nero 4 burner stove from BDM networks on 5th of feb, since then i had problems with the stove, there are two problems,
                                          1. the stove tends to turn off when put to sim
                                          2. there is a spark at the bottom of the stove when try to light up the burner

I have filed complaint two times and the sevice guy says its normal, i would not except the stove to work this way. The dealer from where we got the stove says he is not responsible, tomorrow if something happens who is responsible? please take action againt this.My suggestion to all is not to buy GILMA products.

Praveen Ramanna

R
                                            Rajesh M N
                                            from Attingal, Kerala

Address:Shimoga, Karnataka

i purchase gilma solar water heater (200ltr)on 17th oct 2010 from our local distributor Mr Rghunath([protected]) i paid cash ,afte one month solar water heater not giving hot water,i tell him to Raghunath ,he not give any proper answer,After that i will contact to Gilma Person MR Mhaesh ([protected]) he tell him to me this week i send my executive from fast two months he telling same dialouge but he not come atteand the problem.

My Humbel request to your give me one solution for this problem.

Rjesh M N
                                            rajeshmn.[protected]@gmail.com
                                            Aug 13, 2020
                                            I agree with the views of Rajesh..Gilma is one of the most useless brands to buy because of their disorganized service.. They do not have any service center in place for the solar water heater . We are supposed to call that Mahesh fellow to his number.. Again if you try calling him, he does not pick up the phone.

I recommend not to buy Gilma Solar water heaters..

Bala

NC MANJUNATH VIBHU
                                              from Basi, Punjab

Dear Buyers of GILMA Built in HOBs

Sub:- GILMA Valido model Hob will burn your wife & entire house &
                                              Worst behavior by GILMA CUSTOMER CARE CENTER Vijayanagar, Bangalore

I own a GILMA valido hob purchased vide tax invoice No 143 on[protected] from M/S Navkar Marketing ( Gilma Showroom),241, 7 th cross BSK III Stage Opposite to Kamakya Theatre Bangalore 560085. After using for three years, during the third week of AUGUST we started feeling of gas smell below the granite slab, after one week of leakage of gas we called LPG ( Indane) people to check the tube and cylinder. The gas man who checked has informed and showed that “nozzle of the gilma stove with a check nut was loose because of which gas was leaking” After he tightened the check nut there was no leakage of gas found.

After three days I,e on[protected] morning at 7.30, my wife connected new cylinder and placed old cylinder back which took ten minutes and put on the stove knob ( auto ignition) suddenly two closed wooden cupboard below the granite came out by opening it self with a blast and she found paper spread on the ground and coconut fiber burning with fire. The heat flame came out burnt my wife’s leg, arms, face and hairs. She could recollect the problem of the hob and immediately put off the regulator to avoid further accident.

Cause for the blast:- The check nut which was tightened got loosened again as my wife lifts the hob to an 25 degrees for cleaning. The representative from GILMA care center Mr Ravi (Mobile NO [protected]) attended the call in the evening who confirmed the problem with the stove’s check nut and tightened it, after attending, he called & informed the care center at Vijayanagar on phone NO [protected]. Mr Lokesh who was incharge at care center instructed Mr Ravi to COLLECT Rs 150/- for attending with out any botheration of accident happened.

When the proprietor/ Manager THANDAVESHWAR -Mobile No - [protected] who declared himself as representative of GILMA Company expressed his inability to attend the complaint on the incident / accident on the following ground,

a) that we did not report the matter of gas leakage first to them
                                              b) that as the LPG gas man touched their stove they are not responsible for further.

Mr THANDAVESHWAR, Manager GILMA Customer Care Center Vijayanagar (Mobile No – [protected]) answer my questions

i) Should a customer suspect your hob as defective if any in gas leakage?
                                              ii) In spite of an major fire accident avoided in my house due to your defective hob what was the necessity of collecting Rs 150/- as visiting charge? ( with out issuing bill)
                                              iii) Inspite of informing about the defect in your gas stove did you turn up my residence to study the case ?
                                              iv) By telling that gas man touched your product can you think that your product is OK & skip from your responsibilities?
                                              v) Do you think customers will keep quite with out spreading the incidents to other fresh buyers / customers?
                                              vi) Do you think I will not take the matter to consumer court for not attending the case in spite of accident and for cheating?
                                              vii) Do you think I will not take up the matter with Home ministry and Fire Service and Emergency Services Department to ban your product?

Mr THANDAVESHWAR, I have already discouraged two buyers of GILMA stoves, I have taken photos which I’m forwarding to all my friends, relatives, collegues and to every one. I feel such a Company and such a manager should not exist in this country who so not bother about the lives of the people.

From N.C Manjunath Vibhu,[protected]
                                              Aug 13, 2020
                                              i am also facing the same problem. customer care is not attending my complain vide my complain no. 1612/15 dtd 15 Dec 2010.

Priyakas

Gilma - Koramangla outlet for Modular Kitchen

To sum up my experience with Gilma, "Horrible Customer Service" I would not recommend anyone to go with the Kormangla outlet for Modular Kitchens. They took their own sweet time to revert with a presentation on the layout of how the finished kitchen will look like. Yhis despite the fact that a partner unit (Gilma Spagnol Cucine) had sent across the measurements to them. I had to follow up for 2 weeks at before a presentation was made. The presentation that was made was one of the worst I've seen. None of the requirements I had requested for were incorporated in the presentation and at that point (after 2 weeks of the initial request being raised) they said it will be better if they take the measurement themselves.

I was really disappointed and dissatisfied with the service that they provided.

In the end, I have decided to get my kitchen done with another service provider whose service has been excellent so far.

Having said this, I am surprised at this service as my family has interacted with Gilma Modular kitchen outlet in Sahakarnagar and the experience with them has been rather pleasant. If the company has outlets in different areas of Bangalore to serve customers better, it it their duty as well to ensure that the customer service is standard across all outlets. Also, Gilma has an area restriction that their outlets have to operate within, which is proving to be a detterant for a customer to explore other outlets of the same company.
                                                Aug 13, 2020
                                                INTERIOR DESIGNERS! BEWARE OF THE MODULAR KITCHEN INDUSTRY.

AUTOCAD AND 3DS MAX DESIGNERS ARE NOT ADVISED TO ENTER THIS WRETCHED FIELD AS YOU WILL BE TREATED LIKE SITE SUPERVISORS AND NOT AS DESIGNERS

My advice to all those candidates who are coming out of CAD Centers and Interior Designing institutes is not to enter the modular kitchen & wardrobe/modular workstation/office furniture industry as you will be treated only like sales persons and not as designers.

The designing software (usually Kcdw) used in the modular kitchen industry is relatively easy to learn . Most of the showroom owners/proprietors know how to use this software and hence a new designer is appointed only when they have additional work. The designers are thrown out when the business goes down. A new candidate is appointed and trained in order to cut down on the salary and software being easy to handle.

Therefore it is not advisable for anybody knowing Autocad, 3DS Max, etc., to enter this retail showroom type of concept where you have to wait for a customer as in a supermarket.

Since the software is easy to learn, the proprietors of the modular kitchen showrooms do not have respect for the designers as they are considered only as additional hand as owners themselves are well-versed in the software which takes only 2 or 3 days to learn.

The showroom owners also do not treat the designers well because the customers visit the showrooms only Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays and this gives an impression to the owners/proprietors that the designers are overpaid as they do not have any work on rest of the days.

Designers are nowadays made/forced to handle the installations or back end operations too by various companies. This is the most difficult work because there is a lot of co-ordination required between the various disciplines like electrical, tiling, gas copper piping, chimney duct core cutting, chimney fitting, hob fitting, sink fitting, plumbing for sink, painting, kitchen furniture installation, delivery co-ordination, etc. Missing materials also add to the woes. As the every part of the furniture is a must for completing the installation, the entire installation can be delayed due to missing cabinets, cabinet side panels, wrong color, etc, , which results in abusive and aggressive behavior from the customers.

Many modular kitchen chains are only interested in generating business. They are least bothered if the designers are abused or physically attacked by the clients.

Do not ever work from a shopping mall as every tom, dick and harry will come and ask you unnecessary questions.

Remember that the companies need only business so they make the designer to give wrong commitments to the customer on the delivery schedules.

Also, please note that it will take minimum 20 days to the kitchen and wardrobes of a 3 bedroom apartment.
                                                Most of the architects do the interiors of the house. So if a client who has taken the services of architect gives the order to an outside agency/showroom, it is very natural that the architect brainwashes the customer saying the material supplied is very bad as he is not able to get any commission from the deal.

The architect/builder will not co-operate on various issues like plumbing points, electrical points, etc., making the installation process difficult as they are not getting any commission.

Finally, all the blames and abuses will fall on the designer. The kitchen company will ask the designer to take the flak as they want business and they do not bother if the client calls the designer any names like bast****, mot****[censored], etc.

Designers life expectancy in modular kitchen showroom is only 6 months and you will be treated by the owners like a lump of shi*.

You will have to work on Saturdays and Sundays to please the customers.

The customers in India treat carpenters, electricians, plumbers, etc., as outcastes, illiterate, so on and so forth unlike in Europe and West.

Remember that in a Western country one is respected for whatever job you do. I remember while working with an Italian Modular Kitchen showroom agent in Bangalore, the Italian company MD while sending the Italian fitters for setting up the showroom saying to me repeatedly not to treat the them the way the carpenters are treated in India. He said everybody is equal in Europe and respected for whatever work they do.

Most of the construction workers live in make shift tents and defecate on roads, fields, etc. It is that our labour department turns a blind eye on working conditions of supermarket sales staff, construction workers, sales people in big bazaars, digital chains, etc. They sales persons are not allowed to sit for 8-9 hrs. I hope the labor department take this matter very seriously.

Finally, coming back to the designers, my advice to them is not to enter the modular kitchen/furniture industry as there is no future.

A single counter may do 4 – 12 lakhs and business per month and anybody can start this business. Since the counter sales remain same in almost all the showrooms, there is no room for growth. There is a possibility that a designer may even end up as a site supervisor and get all flak from the customer.

It may also be noted that many carpenters, unqualified and uncouth chimney showroom owners too are getting into the fray and these people do not have respect for the knowledge of Autocad, Photoshop, 3DS Max, etc., that you have acquired studying for years from an institute. As owners they are interested only in the business that you are able to bring.

Also, the kitchen and wardrobe business totally depends on the location of the showroom.

So my dear designer, do you want to work as a designer or a sales person.

The showroom owners also ask the designers to go to the site for measurements, and that too 3 or 4 site visits. It may be noted that to complete the measurement at one site may take 1 or 2 hrs. It is impossible to cover even 2 sites per day as per the Bangalore/any city traffic conditions.

Also, 50% of the customers give the order directly to the carpenters operating through plywood and hardware shops. The laminates are stuck after the fixing the boxes on the wall.

Many customers are unaware of the difference between carpentry work(manual sticking of laminate) and assembling of factory finished material goods at site.

I do not think that Interior Designing is a good option for a graduate. And hence my advice to aspiring candidates is not to enter the industry.

My dear Interior Designer, you will be blasted if the furniture is not delivered in time, not installed in time, if the doors are not aligned properly, tiling is not properly, granite cutting is not done properly, etc. Remember all these are concerned with a designing job. It is a site supervisors’ job.

So decide whether you want to end up at a dirty site as a site supervisor.

My dear Interior Designer, do not get into the Modular Kitchen/Office Furniture industry.

narayanan.P.s
                                                  from Pune, Maharashtra

Dear Reader,

This is regarding Gilma Chimney which we have taken in the month of January and lodged a complaint in the month of May 18th with Complaint No 1463 which has been adressed after a month and they told that some switch has to be replaced, after a week some executive came and took the chimney and told he will be change it and get back to us ,Yesterday ie 22-6-10 they came and replaced it but unfortunately the piece which they have taken it was replaced by another piece which was in pathetic condition,today when i complaint they say that it is the same piece.

The service of this company is pathetic and no one responds to the complaint,Its a sheer Shame on the Organisation to recruit such Guys when you are in Service Industry....

I have been in touch with Mr.Santosh,Mr sabdhar & also the dealer in A.S.Rao nagar.No one able to respond to my call
                                                  Hence THINK before BUYING ANYTHING From GILMA..
                                                  Aug 13, 2020
                                                  exactly same problem even in Bangalore though Stovekraft Pvt Ltd is based at Bangalore. I am facing same problem. The service person does not understand any language other than Kanada. The response is very poor. Even telephone call are not attened and some time disconnected.

all buyer please think twice before going for Gilma.

B
                                                    barkathulla.n

i was purchase the chimney and gasstove (model INNOVA-GUB) 0n 21/12/2008. from phd marketing ( gilma showroom banglaore 560025.) and i leaving in bangarpet(around 80 km) before i taken i told that i will use this in my place ie bangarpet i need the service in the warrenty period. they told that its ok we will provide it.
                                                    on 19/02/2010 my gasstove has 4 burners in 3 burner the fire suddenly it will off.
                                                    when i report the problem to concern office they told that i have to pay the TA &DA allowance to the person how will come to service.
                                                    i told that it is in the warranty why should i pay the amount. i can give that money in the localy can do it.
                                                    i want to ask then what is the meaning of warrenty period. he is telling that he cant come to my place because it is not a major complanint. i ask is the if sudden the gas fire is off and gas go over flow it may happen major.

H
                                                      Harinath
                                                      from Bengaluru, Karnataka

I just wanted to share my experience with the Gilma product, which in opinion is a bad product with high price, low quality, unreliable service and dangerous to use.

I bought a Gilma hob and chimney for 20K plus in Nov-2007 and got it installed in Dec-2007, it came along with an offer of free Pigeon cookware( rejected market piece with bad handles).

In between we got some simple problems which the service was provided.

Within a years time the Chimney stopped working (before the warranty period), the service guy comes charges 150rs to say the Mother Board is non-functional and the stock is over.

We wait for the stock and keep calling them to know the stock is yet to arrive, mean while one of the stove burner stops functioning, we pack the stove and started using the old Butterfly stove (which is still good).

Again I call to find the stock has arrived finally and they will replace, the service man comes and replaces and find the mother board functions only once and never again (he goes back without any changes), also he finds the Battery box in the stove is not functioning for the auto ignition to work.

One more technician comes with a new mother board, replaces, makes it work and collects 1180rs. Fine but this stops working again the next day.

For auto ignition, the battery box is replaced and collects 150Rs, fine but the same day we get indefinate flames from the stove, some circuits burn inside the stove.

Next -
                                                      Call service again,
                                                      Another guy comes, to find the other technician didn't do a good job with the battery box and the mother board is gone again.

Not sure how much more I would be spending on this in future.

GILMA is a non-standard company without ISI mark and still exists in market.

Thanks;
                                                      Harinath

Gilma — Stove parts got detached

While fixing the rubber bush of the 3 burner gilma gas stove, the burners and its parts got detached & I am unable to fix it up. So please send some body to attach all the parts.

Vinay Bangarappa
                                                        from Pune, Maharashtra

We recently bought a Gilma hob and chimney (August 08). The light in the chimney stopped working just a month after purchasing the product. I had to call thrice to arrange for a service technician to visit my place and have the parts replaced. When the service techinican visited my place, I was told that he would get the parts replaced in abt 2-3 days. Nothing happened for abt 2 weeks. I had to call again today (4 Nov) and I was told that the parts could not be replaced because the faulty part is still inside the chimey and it had not been collected. And that a technician would collect it in the next 2-3 working days. Why was the faulty part not collected the last time he visited?? And I am also told that apart from having to wait for 2-3 days for collection of the faulty part, I would have to wait another week or so for the parts to get replaced. I am not sure how many more times I have to keep calling and chasing to get the parts replaced. Very poor customer service.

The company is quick to advertise the product and sell it, but when it comes to after sales service, it is absolutely pathetic and disgusting.

I would definitely not recommend anyone to buy such products.

The service centre details are given below:

Manoj Enterprises, # 222, 1st Main, 1st Cross, Jnanabharathi Main Road, Nagarbhavi Circle, Bangalore - 560 072.
                                                        Ph: 23395743, 23215758.