[Resolved]  Airtel Broadband Internet — Billing Cycle

Recently i subscribed to Airtel Broad band Internet Connection for my residence.(Cust Account #[protected]when i received my first month bill, i really got shocked... I found the following "Errors" in the bill.

1. I had given a cheque for RS.2200/-(Rs 399 Scheme/6 months advance subscription) Whereas the invoice showed an amount of Rs 2000/- only(I posses the receipt for Rs 2200/-... But lateron i receievd a call from Airetel saying that the cheque has been lost at their end.. anad they wanted an other cheque in lieu of the first one.)

2. The installer from Airtel came to my residence to load the set up dialler on 16-09-09 at 11.35 am and finished his work by 13.30 p.m.During this time , as confirmed by hime later on, he never down loaded any thing from WEB, as the process does not needed any web down loads, and there was no internet connection given at that time. But the invoice shows approx. about 32MB down loads , how is it possible..?
3. Every day lot of down loads were shown in the bill even there were no body present in the house during that period.

4. ABOVE ALL , i got the connection on 16/09/09. & invoice has been generated for the period 16/09/09 to 25/09/09. Total down loads( including all the above confusions) was approx. about 525 MB.

Though my permitted monthly download is 1 GB(for 30 Days), the bil was calculated on Pro rata basis(i.e - For 30 days 1 gb down load, hence for 10 days approx. 33 MB downloads, hence for the additional 22 MB charges were shown.

As a customer my question is ....

IF A CUSTOMER PAYS FOR 30 DAYS(1 Month) HIS DOWN LOADS SHOULD BE CALCULATED FOR 30 FULL DAYS ONLY. CUSTOMER WILL LOSE MONEY BY PRO RATA BASIS CHARGES .

(For eg .. I am getting the conection on 16/01/09 and terminating my I Net connection by 15/02/09, i will be charged for 1.5 Month by Airtel and not 1 Month. Why should a customer pay 1.5 month charges when he has utilised the services for half a month... Am i right..? And my down load eligibilty should be calculated for a complete 30 days time( Not by Airtel's Billing cycle.

ISP shoule provide bills to customer as per the connection dates only...

OR ELSE THEY SHOULD NOT ACCEPT ANY NEW CONNECTIONS DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE BILLING CYCLE. NEW CONNECTIONS SHOULD ONLY BE ACTIVATED EXACTLY ON THE BILLING CYCLE DATES ONLY..

Expecting Your Feedback...

R.Baskar
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

Airtel — Connection not activated, bill cycle is going on

I took a new connection, executives came at my house to activate the internet and ended up with making my machine in non working condition.I asked them to visit me once the m/c is ok so that they can activate it.They said they have to do it in 3 days, its their SLA.They didn't visit me when i asked them to activate it by their laptop.I have been calling customer care for last 5 days..My connection has been cut and they are not responding to my compalint.Everyday, they say they will send the person, none comes.I have already given them 800rs.
such a damn thses ppl are.

19583