Airtel — STB REPLACEMENT CHARGE IS UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICE
Customer ID no - [protected] 23.11.2010
Date of Installation – 27.07.2009
dt- 16.11.10 – ref. no 4485185 - First official complain for set top box problem – Always stand by mode and no signal
dt. – 17.11.10 - SMS received – Your problem resolved(without attaining the complain)
dt.- 18.11.10 - phone call received – Are you satisfied ?
dt.- 20.11.10 – ref. no 4524997 - Second official complain
Complain attained on Saturday 20.11.10
But what Service Engg. mentioned & done - totally unfair business practice by Airtel DTH service as below :-
Set Top box has been damaged, it will be replaced with another old,repaired set top box of another customer.Charge for this is Rs 500/-.At the same time he will take my set top box.There is no other option.If this replaced old/repaired STB will again malfunctioned, then again Airtel DTH will charge Rs.500/-
Dt. 20.11.10 - Again phone call received from [protected] Are you satisfied?
I placed my view/stand as mentioned below,but executive of Airtel DTH simply cut his line as saying this is the system and charge for all.
My question is :-
1. Airtel DTH is declaring that STB,Anteena, sim etc are all property of Bharti Telemedia Limited.
2. Airtel will charge Rs.500/- for not giving me anything, took away my STB and gave old/repaired STB.
3. May be STB repaired at a minimal cost, may be minor problem in STB like needs recharge of a battery as it never turned green, always in stand by mode. Also I found a lot of common complain for this on net and service engineer of Airtel had kept many malfunctioned STB in his byke.
4. Analysis the unfair business policy as Below
*First I purchased the Airtel DTH
*Second time I will give again for STB Rs.500/-(old/repaired one)
*Third time Airtel DTH will again earn Rs 500/- by installing my STB at
another customer place.
*Fourth time Airtel DTH already earned Rs.500/- by charging this to the customer, whose STB was installed in my place plus purchase price.
So, can you imagine the value of single STB to Airtel? That is no. of installation multiply by Rs.500/-
5. Dear Sir, can you bother to stop this practice?
6. So, please do not charge Rs.500/- ,instead return my STB after repair.
7. When new DTH set price is sub below Rs.1000/- with few months subscription free, how you can charge Rs.500/- for old/repaired STB ?
8. What is the procedure to surrender Airtel DTH? Presently I have account balance of around Rs.760/-.How much I will get for DTH set? What is the TRAI’s guideline for this?
9. So that I can purchase a new connection immediately.
Manoj Kumar Sahu
|20 Comments Updated:||Share0Tweet0|