[Resolved]  ICICI Bank & Indian Overseas Bank — Money Swallowed by ATM. Money not returned to Account

On Aug 25th I used Indian Overseas Bank ATM, (Radhanagar Branch Chennai) to withdraw 800Rs using my ICICI debit card. There was a small delay in taking the money from the ATM. The ATM machine took back the money that I dispensed. I thought the money would be returned to my account automatically.

I registered a complaint with ICICI bank customer care on Aug 26th (Complaint Number SR[protected]. The phone banking officer informed me that I do not have to inform this to IOB bank. ICICI bank will follow up with IOB and return my money in my account. The number of days to resolve this he said was 12 days. So I waited for the 12 days and subsequently did not check the credit of the money until 1 month.

When I called up the Customer Care on October 15 or so, the bank people say that the transaction was SUCCESSFUL.

When I have not received MY Money how can the transaction be successful. After repeated shouting with ICICI people, there is NO positive response from them. They keep on saying the same stupid words that your transaction is successful !!!

I'm demanding my Money back, there is no one to hear my complaint from the bank. How can a bank ATM take back the money and NOT return it back to a account. How can IOB bank ATM cannot document what is returned back to the ATM !!
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

Dear Saravana,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'll contact you and work to address your issue at the earliest.

ICICI Customer Service Team.

ICICI Bank Phone