UniverCell - Chennai — Insurance cheating

From: Saravanan Balasubramaniyan
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 2:30 AM
To: '[protected]@alegion.net'
Subject: Damage Mobile Claim

I have purchased a Sony Ericsson handset R300 (IMEI # [protected]) from Triplicane Univercell on November 22, 2008 with Mobile theft & Damage insurance. Invoice # P-TRI/6001.

Unfortunately on April 2, 2009 I met with a minor accident and the display of the handset got damaged. It was handed over to the Triplicane Univercell showroom and in turn they gave the mobile for service at ACCEL on April 7th. But it was returned back to us saying that it is not possible to rectify the damage caused to the display of the handset.

I was very much disappointed with that response, since the handset was already covered under damage insurance.

I would like to know what are the next steps to get the mobile replaced or rectified. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Also let me know if there are any other formalities that would need to be completed from my end.

PS – The scan copy of purchase invoice and service receipt attached.

Comments

Univercell - Chennai — Handset replacement problem

Most of my friends said the same thing as above, I have an idea to buy a SE w200i from Univercell, friends I need your suggession about this. Mail me. [protected]
i have a similar experience at hyd recently
and the univercell shop from where i purchased my mobile is no more open.
they have closed the shop and a chat bhandar is operating there now.
all the contact numbers / email addresses given in the purchase and insurance invoice
are either not available or not responding.
i am confused now as what to do?

No.16/352,B1, Eramanigalath Complex, Opp Holy Mary Church, Muvattupuzha, Ernakulam, Kerala, India - 686661