HDFC Bank Ergo General Insurance — reimbursement of 2nd year premium

Dear team,

This is complaint where I have purchased a HDRFC ergo policy via policy bazaar & I raise d request for cancellation of policy because of genuine reason i.e. my mother(insurer) has expired in start of year. I have paid 2 years premium for policy ni.[protected]

I requested for refund me 2nd year premium as year not started & patient no more...They should reverse that advance premium that i paid, but they denied it frankly nomatter I pasid premium for 3, 5, 10 years…
I got email that that “insurer have declined the request for refund as claim has been reported under your insurance policy number[protected] due to which policy can be cancelled and but cannot be processed for Refund”
This is totally unsatisfactory & not clear to me, seems unjustified.

Can yoy enlighten where it is written that if a person pay premium for 2 years, 5 years, 10 years. .If he makes claim in 1st years, next years premiun would be adjusted & no refund for suceeding years.Why a person should pay premiun for years where the person do not exist. I wish a refund of 2nd year premium due to genuine reason it is running 1st year & my mother expired in start of 1st year.

Sir/madam, requesting you to please look into and support into..

Jyoti
reimbursement of 2nd year premium

[May 05, 2019] HDFC ERGO General Insurance customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

HDFC Bank