[Resolved] Hdfc Bank — Not giving photo passbook required for passport application address proof

Kolkata, West Bengal, West Bengal, India
 Arijit Upadhyay
Ministry of External affairs vide its circular http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/pdf/Circular_Add_Proof.pdf dated Feb 19, 2015 has approved of photo passbooks from private banks as valid address proof. It has named HDFC bank as one of the eligible bank. Fine. Now as I went to Dhakuria, Kolkata bank asking for same, even after 1 hour of arguing I could not get one. They gave been just a passbook without any photo attested. I had my PAN, EPIC with me still the branch manager flatly refused saying they don't have permission to attest photo on passbook. What's this? Is this some kind of banana republic that private banks have temerity to oppose the laws of the land and refuse to co-operate with statutory bodies like MEA and harass individuals.
Complaint marked as Resolved Sep 9, 2017

[Mar 14, 2016] HDFC Bank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
HDFC Bank Customer Care's response, Aug 09, 2017
Dear Customer,

I request you to share your complete issue, branch details, account/customer Id and registered contact details to [protected]@hdfcbank.com with ref ID- TTU[protected] in the subject line. Will assist you better.

-Bejoy
HDFC Bank Customer Care's response, Jan 21, 2019

-Manoj
HDFC Bank Customer Assistance

Comments

Dear Customer,

I request you to share your account/customer Id, complete address of branch you visited and contact details to [protected]@hdfcbank.com with ref ID-TTU[protected] in the subject line. Will assist you better.

-Bejoy
Hi Arijit,

Was your complaint resolved?
After reading all these comments I was worried and went to HDFC Bank (Belllandur Branch) to get the passbook, To my surprise, I got it in just 10 mins :) Thanks HDFC
I am having same issue with HDFC bank.They told me the same and refuse to provide photo passbook.
Hi Even i am having same issue they are not ready to do attested and even bank manager is not in bank for 10 days.
Very pathetic experience in HDFC Dombivali gymkhana branch. Staff is not at helpful and kind to guide customer. Went for address proof, photo stamp on Passbook. I didn't get help for any of these things. Seems like, people working in branch not aware internal processes.. 👎👎👎
Can someone please help me with this issue??

Hdfc Bank - Not giving photo passbook required for passport application address proof