[Resolved] ICICI Bank — Auto Debit Return Fee Levied despite of the payment made towards my credit card
Bangalore South, Karnataka, India
I am using ICICI credit card since last 9 years and make manual payments at the end of each month before due date
Similarly, I made a payment on 10th June and in my CC statement its mentioned auto debit return fee and service charges INR. 2247. When I enquired about these charges bank said that I have auto debit facility opted on my account and due to insufficient funds charges in my linked savings bank account.
I clearly told bank:
1. I never opted for Auto debit how come it was applied automatically. They don't have any proof to show ...no KYC document and No request number.
2. I told them, sufficient funds were parked in my account on 30th May itself and I paid the same on my due date i.e. on 10th June
bank is saying auto debit is executed 5 days before due date
- As per the details, sufficient funds were there and payment was made on 10th June. Its bank issue why payments were not made or auto debit was not able to realize/check tthe balance in my account
3. bank said, to avoid auto debit charges- payments should be made before 5 days from due date
- First I never opted for auto debit in ICICI, second for previous dates as mentioned below:
9-Nov-2013, 6-July-2013, 10-June-2013, 13-May-2013, 10-March-2013, 07-Feb-2013, 06-Aug-2014, 05-march-2015, 06-aug-2016
I made payments 0-4 days before my due date but no auto debit fee was levied. bank is unable to provide any clear answer.
I have been pressurized to pay these charges without any fault of mine.
Have dropped around 10 emails and created 4-5 requests in ICICI portal but nobody is able to understand the gap or issue.
perhaps they have given customer relationship division to bunch of dumb people who don't understand the basic details being shared by customer.
I have written to heads of Credit cards at ICICI Bank but no response from him as well.
Please assist me out. I am not going to pay these charges at any cost.
Will switch to other bank as soon as possible.
thanks ICICI, you screwed me up big time!!!
Complaint marked as Resolved Jan 15, 2017
[Jun 24, 2016] ICICI Bank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Verified SupportICICI Bank Customer Care's response, Dec 15, 2016
We regret any inconvenience caused. We have made a note of your contact details. Our official will address your concerns.
ICICI Bank Customer Service Team
|19 Comments Updated:||Share0Tweet0|