ICICI Bank — imps transaction timed out but amount is debited

Hello team,

I have made an IMPS transaction of 14000 to the beneficiary of Corporation bank but received a message that transaction is timed out and status will get updated by ben by 3 working days. But here my concern is, if I do not wish to pay to the beneficiary anymore (as I have paid in cash due to urgency), where does the amount gets credited ? is it to my account or to the beneficiary account ? its not clearly provided on your FQA forum too. For my bad luck, I did same transaction twice so in total 28000 I lost.

I have been an ICICI customer since 6 Yrs and never faced such issues, but with this incident I m loosing my trust on your institution. Reason is simple, when transaction is failed, what's the purpose of deducting amount ? If you want me to wait for 3 days, who is going to bear the loss ?

For my surprise, when I called customer care an agent said that they will not register complaint as well as its an automatic process. It might be a small amount for you team, but not to me . I need my money back into my account else you are going to loose a customer shortly.

account no.[protected]

call me if you really care for your customer for anymore details.

regards,
Ravi

[Mar 06, 2018] ICICI Bank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0