[Resolved]  Lenskart — Counterfeit product of foreign brand lenses(Rodenstock) sold over the counter by Lenskart

-DATE OF INCIDENT: 10 OCTOBER
-FULL DESCRIPTION OF INCIDENT
I had purchased a pair of Rodenstock lenses from Lenskart back in February from the Lenskart store in MG Road Pune.

Few months into purchasing it, the glasses fell from my study table onto the carpet 2 feet below. To my utter shock I realised the lenses had chipped at the corners. Anxious about the authenticity of the lenses through this minor mishap, I wanted to check for it's authenticity. However, due to the Covid-19 lockdown I wasn't able to visit the store earlier.

However, after checking the Rodenstock website, they stated that all their lenses had their logo laser printed onto the right corner of the lens. To my utter dismay, I realised that both of the lenses I had purchased from Lenskart were not watermarked.

However trusting Lenskart's brand image, I thought I'd wait and discuss the matter personally with the store before filing a complaint. However,
visiting them after the lockdown was called off, they rejected my plea and asked me to contact their customer service team. After the initial formalities of collecting data, the customer service reps stopped attending my calls, one of the executives even hung up my call.

This only raised by suspicion further that the product was counterfeited and apart from seriously tarnishing a global renowned player's image such as Rodenstock's, they refused to reach out to a customer. They were unwilling to entertain any further communication, though I had made efforts to connect with them. Hence, I was left with no other alternative but to go to consumer forum.

RESOLUTION: If not a refund, a new pair of authentic watermarked lenses.
Nov 3, 2020
It was quite an ordeal, though I wouldn't want to get into the nitty gritty of how the resolution was provided. If you have a geniune concern and our honest with your issue, your issue may get resolved. My issue was with the authenticity of the lens from a reputed brand. After many emails and calls, the issue was resolved amicably.
Oct 16, 2020

Lenskart customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Oct 20, 2020
Lenskart Customer Care's response
We are really sorry to know that we were not able to live up to your expectations. Please be assured that we are here to serve you and we'll strive our best to do so. We'll be looking into the issue and connect with you the earliest to discuss further to help you with the best possible resolution.
Nov 03, 2020
Updated by Daniel_Raju
Hello Lenskart,

The issue has been amicably resolved.

Thank you.

Lenskart
    Lenskart Phone
    Lenskart Address
    Mayur Vihar Store, Shop # 35, Ground Floor, Pratap Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi, India - 110091