[Resolved] Pantaloons Fashion & Retail — gst charged extra 5% on mrp

Ponda Goa, India
 Sanjay Ghasari on Aug 15, 2017
I had visited pataloons margao goa on 15/08/17. I did purchase on 50% discount on mrp. Total price after discount was rs.1153.47 but i had charged extra 5 % gst of rd.57.44 and the total amount was rd.1210.91. Kindly find attached bill.
If mrp is inclusive of all taxes then how they can charge extra?
Pls contact me on my mail id - [email protected]

gst charged extra 5% on mrp
Complaint marked as Resolved Sep 17, 2017

[Aug 15, 2017] Pantaloons Fashion & Retail customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Pantaloons Fashion & Retail Customer Care's response, Aug 17, 2017
Hi Sanjay, this is only during the SALE period wherein we charge 5% GST on the discounted price, not the MRP. For values over 1000/-, the GST charged is 18% on apparel, however, we only charge our customers 5%. Post sale, there will be no GST on bills as MRP is inclusive of tax.

Comments

Same happened with me. This is cheating because other retailers do not charge any tax on discounted or sale prices. I was charged 12% (6% state + 6% central) on a bill of 5k which means 500 rupees wasted. Absolut non-sense. At least inform customers beforehand not on the bill counter!
Pantaloons Fashion & Retail Customer Care's response, Oct 9, 2018

Hi Shalini,  This is only during the SALE period wherein we charge 5% GST on the discounted price, as GST is included in the MRP and not in the discounted price. For values over 1000/-, the GST charged is 18% on apparel, however, we only charge our customers 5%. Post sale, there will be no GST on bills as MRP is inclusive of tax.
Same thing happened with me I had visited Chinchvad pantaloons shop to buy apparel.i bought apparels of cost by MRP 7500 on that amount they charged 900 rs GST.
Which is illegal to charge GST on MRP.
Pantaloons Fashion & Retail Customer Care's response, Oct 9, 2018

Hi Dyaneshwar, This is only during the SALE period wherein we charge 5% GST on the discounted price, as GST is included in the MRP and not in the discounted price. For values over 1000/-, the GST charged is 18% on apparel, however, we only charge our customers 5%. Post sale, there will be no GST on bills as MRP is inclusive of tax.
Prices should be inclusive of gst. Please such practice of showing low price and charging 5% higher at the time billing.
Pantaloons Fashion & Retail Customer Care's response, Jan 15, 2019

Hi Vinod, thank you for writing to us. Kindly write to us at [email protected] for a detailed response on the same.
Hi I purchased items from pantaloons on 06 April, 2019. And it was not sale (offer) period. The total amount was 718.14rs and after including tax I had to pay 798rs. I hope this will be resolved and I get money back which I had to pay in the name of tax. Attached screenshot of the bill.

701-704, 7th Floor, Skyline Icon Business Park, 86-92, Marol Village, Andheri (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400059
    Pantaloons Fashion & Retail - gst charged extra 5% on mrp