State Bank Of India [SBI] — Transaction Failed & it take 45 days to reverse

On 5th of Jan, I made a transaction of INR 50, 000 through my Debit Card at Motherhood Hospital at 9.00 am. The transaction declined, however the money was debited from my account.
I assumed it would revert in a few mins like it does in ICICI or other banks. Apparently, It didn't and I tried reaching out to the Customer care. First call I spent 20 mins on the IVR & the call got disconnected the moment the agent picked up the phone. I tried calling them again & finally the call was answered again. The executive who picked was curt & mentioned, we cant do anything, you'll have to wait 7-45 days. With the frustration, I asked to get the supervisor on the phone, but my fate he was as curt as the executive was. With no options, I used credit card & thought the payment would be reverted within 7 days.

Its 16th day today & I still dont have the money credited to my account. My question here is, why is that when other banks can revert the payment within secs that SBI cannot? The Customer care is the worst of all anyway. I need the money to be credited to my account as soon as possible. Never am I going to bank with you guys & I'll have my friends & family to immediately move to other banks.

I am frustrated & very very disappointed with this act of the bank. If it was a smaller amount, I would've been fine. However, 50, 000 is not & the worst part is, looks like I need to follow-up with the bank after 45 days too. I need the question to be answered, not just mention "We'll informed the POS Merchant to increase the Priority"

Information about the case:
Case Number: [protected]
Date of Transaction: 5th Jan, 2017: 9.00 am.
Name: Balasubramani K
Account Number: [protected]
Branch: Halasuru
Transaction ID:[protected]
Amount: 50, 000

Transaction Failed

[Jan 23, 2017] State Bank of India [SBI] customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: ShareTweet

Comments

Did you get the amount????

State Bank of India [SBI] Phone