Universal Sompo

Load

Universal Sompo Complaints & Reviews

Health Care Policy No-2817/52877690/03/000
IRDA Ref No[protected]
Above policy is meant to cover Rs. 2 Lakhsbr...
Be the first one to find this complaint helpful
Dated 11/10/2016 i took universal sompo general health insurance based on your suggestion. Below mentioned email you have...
Be the first one to find this complaint helpful
I have met with accident on 27Nov at Una amb road(himachal Pradesh) ..i and my wife had some injuries, also my car got damaged...
Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

My vehicle met with an accident on 06/11/2016 & intimated the claim on same date with cover note no- [protected] and spot was also conducted, as vehicle was released from police station on 12/11/2016 I have kept vehicle at automotive and informed insurance company alos submitted all the documents on 13/11/2016. Initially Mr.Lakshman from universal sompo said, we will settle in total loss. then after 10 days Lakshman has said to take the vehicle in my custody and keep safe to avoid parking charges. after 23/11/2016 we are calling but there is no response from insurance company. I am a daily wage employees and like this harassment making my life miserable. All the documents are valid as per my knowledge and insurance company is making so much delay, not even saying when the claim is settled... till date no one has called me... if you cant settle the claim, i & my family will suicide, i am not able to pay finance and cant take finance. My family is dependent on this vehicle. kindly help me in settling the claim on priority.
Be the first one to find this complaint helpful
    My vehicle registration no. Ka433572 i purchased a insurance from your company on 07/04/2015 premium of...
    Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

My claim for alto 800 LXI is not passed fully just 1/3rd damage of the car is passed by the company. Due to wrong overtake by a car my car got dented from front left and sideway as well as from back side. But company has passed claim only for the damage occured back side saying that This is not done in sigle accident. This incident lost my faith in the company. I m very disappointed with the service provided
    Be the first one to find this complaint helpful
      Dear Sir once again your employee cheat and fraud with me When my car claim cleared by your side but now your employee Mr...

Dear sir
      Nobody your employees hear me last 7 days your employees harassment me regarding when I complain this for Mr Rajiv Kumar your employee Danish call me His nu is [protected] he misbehave and abused with me when he talk he put me some personal Questions he talk like illiterate person then I complain this metter to Mr Rajiv Kumar's email not any action taken by his side plz l don't want any more relations with your insurance company plz Refund my money
      My policy no is.2311/56287741/00/000
      My car no.PB-10-FB-5525

Thanks & Regards
      Vishal Kumar

Dear sir/madam
        I am t. K. Raghunath having covered medical insurance from iob, 5th block branch, jayanagar bangalore,
        My policy # is2817/50332613/06/000, during aug 2016 i was hosptalised and need to claim the balance amount from insurance (Vidal), when i approached for vidal health care will all supporting documents and they came back and requesting for vidal health card, which i was not got it right from the begining, and the same was informed to mr. Prasad who keeps the representative for this helath insurance tie-up with iob, when i contacted and informed him, he said asked to forward the policy # and email id, so that he will send the vidal card through email and asked me to take the print, i said it is fine.
        But after sending email, what’app msg, and try to contact over phone, he has not picked the call nor replied to any of my mode of communication.
        This is totally upset about his behavior and his services to the customer, when we are in need of claim
        Absolutely no services from him
        I request you kindly cross check with him and take necessary action, under intimation to me.

Raghunath
        Raghunath. [protected]@gmail.com
        Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

My vehicle no. Ts 09 eh 5199. This vehicle was insured by sompo. Due to accident a claim was made in the 1st week of april, 2016. Since three months vehicle is with workshop at modi deccan volkswagen at uppal hyderabad, in view of non clearance of insurance people by misinterpreting situation for extraneous considerations... Korrapti. My certificate of policy number is 2311/55377623/00/0009
          Be the first one to find this complaint helpful
            Sir I Pintu Rastogi this company not giving claim because the doctor mail that the patient mean I my brain case very critical...
            Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

I had undergone a medical procedure under local anesthesia for an eye ailment in an operation theatre at KEM hospital in mumbai. The only medical charges i incurred were approximately 22000 INR. Post treatment, i filed a claim with Universal Sompo General insurance company (since i have purchased their insurance policy) as the procedure i underwent conforms to the eligibility criteria as mentioned on page 2 & 3 of their policy.
            But after a delay of more than a month my claim has been declined with a verbal statement from the company that the claim was not admissible as it has been done on an out-patient basis (which is completely untrue) and no night-stay was involved.
            Page 2 and 3 clearly mention that 'Day Care Treatment' are covered under my insurance policy, yet they refuse to pass my claim.
            Policy No. 2817/54709319/00/000
            Claim No.[protected]

This is unacceptable and i would like to voice my strong protest against the high-handedness of the company.

Investors in Universal mediclaim should understand that the company makes big claims while selling their policy but are on the backfoot when its comes to settling claims!!
            Be the first one to find this complaint helpful
              Hello I Tried to Pay my renewal amount for my insurance policy on 30/5/2015 by Net banking but it got cancelled and money...
              Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd — Regarding my claim against the policy no 2817/50602649/03/000

Dear Sir/Madam, As per above subject mentioned I Mr. Davinder (Senior Citizen) holder of the above policy. In late dec 2013...
              Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

Respected sir/ mam, I have given premium of Rs 39000/-. But your agent issued the policy of Rs 25000/-. He did not given us cover note of remained policies.your agent is saying that ha has done policy of 25000/-. But taking premium of Rs. 39000/-. He is making me upset with his response. I have submitted my premium in company's account. Company is responsible for this type of problem. Company will have to solve my problems. Pls take some action against that agent Mukesh. It will be good for the company's reputation.
              customer support has been

Universal Sompo — Claim No. 100011427228

Dear Sir, I had taken a health insurance policy from Universal sompo.I filed my claim dt. Jan 28, 2014 but not final till...

Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd. — Car Insurance Claim

Universal sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd. Period of Insurance date-: 12 /Apr/2012 My Policy No-: 2314/52191057/00/000 Agent...

Universal Sompo — cashless rejected

On 31/05/2013 I admitted my wife named N.SIVAGNANAM aged 44 to ANNAI
                VELANKANNI NURSING HOME, TIRUNELVELI for excessive...

Universal Sompo General Insurance Co Ltd
                Express IT park , Plot No EL-94, T.T.C.
                Industrial Area M.I.D.C. Mashape,
                Navi Mumbai -400710

I had purchased a IOB Health care policy in march 2007, and declared my pre existing disease since 1992.I was allotted a policy no 2007/[protected]/59 (united India insurance company) . The terms and conditions of the policy regarding exclusions read as follows
                “1.All disease / injury which are pre existing when cover incepts for the first time. This exclusion will be deleted after three consecutive continuous policy years provided there was no hospitalization for the pre - existing aliment during these three years of insurance. For the purpose of applying this condition, the date of inception of the initial medical policy taken from any of the Indian insurance Company shall be taken provided the renewals have been continuous and without any break.
                After taking the first policy I have been paying my premiums on a regular basis without any break. The policy no details have been mentioned below
                2817/50086834/01/B0 March 2011 to March 2012
                2817/50530614/00/000 March 2010 to March 2011
                2817/5008634/00/000 March 2009 to March 2010
                2008/[protected]/16 March 2008 to March 2009
                2007/[protected]/59 Initial enrollment period 26 March 2007 to 25 march 2008.
                Sir I had applied for the replacement of AICD through your TTK Network hospital “ Fortis Mohali “ on cash less basis, initially there was some objection regards hospital form etc which were duly amended by the hospital authorities and submitted subsequently the hospital was informed that the member has not yet completed 3 continuous years premiums ,and is not eligible for treatment.
                I started checking for my records etc and found that every thing was in order. The issue was discussed in detail with Mr Sunil At your Chandigarh Office ( Swastik Vihar )
                Here I clarified that I had cleared the necessary condition to be eligible for treatment from your company , all necessary documents were shown, and asked for the reason for denial of the treatment as per rules laid down in your policy Mr Sunil Kumar was indeed very very helpful in contacting his higher authorities . After a few days I was told that I was not eligible for cashless treatment for reason best known to your companie’s employees.

.. 2..
                I would like to stress here that why does a person after paying regular premiums to your company is not eligible to avail the facilities for which the policy was taken. I think your company is also like any other fraud company employing marketing staff just to sell policies & collect premiums to complete your targets to shown a northward graph of the company’s growth.
                I request you to kindly reply to my mail with reasons for refusing cashless treatment to me so that I may look forward for a medically secure future.
                Sincerely your’s

Sukhjit Singh
                # 1724, Sector -33D
                Chandigarh
                Dated 3rd December 2011
                Aug 13, 2020
                Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

my car is insured by Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd. the car was sent to ford motors after a minor accident. Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd representative Mr Amarnath Bhattacharya, mobile phone number [protected], informed me that as there was a short payment in my initial policy payment. i informed him that i had recieved a letter from Universing Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd dated 02/ 07 / 2011 during the last week of July 2011 that if i am not able to pay the short payment amount within 10 days of the letter they shall AMMEND THE POLICY WITH REGARD TO ITS DURATION IN ORDER TO ADJUST THE SHORTFALL IN PREMIUM. THIS ADJUSTMENT WILL BE DONE AS PER SHORT PERIOD SCALES OF THE COMPANY -

I was thus under the impression that the said adjustments have been made. I had informed this to Mr Amarnath Bhattacharya ([protected]), i also send him a scanned copy of the above quoted letter from Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd dated 02/07/2011.

Mr Bhattacharya requested me that as 13th, 14th & 15th August 2011 is holiday for Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd, he shall get my payments cleared on 16th August 2011.

I have been since trying to phone Mr Bhattacharya but he hears my voice and cuts the phone. i have so far made about 15 phone calls to him from various phone numbers and he hears my voice and disconnects. now he has started to switch off the phone after disconnecting the same.

the payment is not much I think about Rs, 3500/- but the attitude is bad and harrrassing.

regards, Rakesh Kotwal.