Universal Sompo

Karnataka

Fax:
Fax:

Load

Universal Sompo related photos (19)

Complaints with pictures are more trusted and informative    View all

Universal Sompo Complaints & Reviews

Mumbai, Maharashtra
I had undergone a medical procedure under local anesthesia for an eye ailment in an operation theatre at KEM hospital in mumbai. The only medical charges i incurred were approximately 22000 INR. Post treatment, i filed a claim with Universal Sompo General insurance company (since i have purchased their insurance policy) as the procedure i underwent conforms to the eligibility criteria as mentioned on page 2 & 3 of their policy.
But after a delay of more than a month my claim has been declined with a verbal statement from the company that the claim was not admissible as it has been done on an out-patient basis (which is completely untrue) and no night-stay was involved.
Page 2 and 3 clearly mention that 'Day Care Treatment' are covered under my insurance policy, yet they refuse to pass my claim.
Policy No. 2817/54709319/00/000
Claim No.[protected]

This is unacceptable and i would like to voice my strong protest against the high-handedness of the company.

Investors in Universal mediclaim should understand that the company makes big claims while selling their policy but are on the backfoot when its comes to settling claims!!

M
    Durg, Chhattisgarh
    Hello I Tried to Pay my renewal amount for my insurance policy on 30/5/2015 by Net banking but it got cancelled and money...
    D
    Delhi, Delhi
    Dear Sir/Madam, As per above subject mentioned I Mr. Davinder (Senior Citizen) holder of the above policy. In late dec 2013...

Mukerian, Punjab
    Respected sir/ mam, I have given premium of Rs 39000/-. But your agent issued the policy of Rs 25000/-. He did not given us cover note of remained policies.your agent is saying that ha has done policy of 25000/-. But taking premium of Rs. 39000/-. He is making me upset with his response. I have submitted my premium in company's account. Company is responsible for this type of problem. Company will have to solve my problems. Pls take some action against that agent Mukesh. It will be good for the company's reputation.

[May 09, 2014] customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

R
      Gurgaon, Haryana
      Dear Sir, I had taken a health insurance policy from Universal sompo.I filed my claim dt. Jan 28, 2014 but not final till...
      J
      Ludhiana, Punjab
      Universal sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd. Period of Insurance date-: 12 /Apr/2012 My Policy No-: 2314/52191057/00/000 Agent...
      G
      On 31/05/2013 I admitted my wife named N.SIVAGNANAM aged 44 to ANNAI
      VELANKANNI NURSING HOME, TIRUNELVELI for excessive...

Gurgaon, Haryana
      Universal Sompo General Insurance Co Ltd
      Express IT park , Plot No EL-94, T.T.C.
      Industrial Area M.I.D.C. Mashape,
      Navi Mumbai -400710

I had purchased a IOB Health care policy in march 2007, and declared my pre existing disease since 1992.I was allotted a policy no 2007/[protected]/59 (united India insurance company) . The terms and conditions of the policy regarding exclusions read as follows
      “1.All disease / injury which are pre existing when cover incepts for the first time. This exclusion will be deleted after three consecutive continuous policy years provided there was no hospitalization for the pre - existing aliment during these three years of insurance. For the purpose of applying this condition, the date of inception of the initial medical policy taken from any of the Indian insurance Company shall be taken provided the renewals have been continuous and without any break.
      After taking the first policy I have been paying my premiums on a regular basis without any break. The policy no details have been mentioned below
      2817/50086834/01/B0 March 2011 to March 2012
      2817/50530614/00/000 March 2010 to March 2011
      2817/5008634/00/000 March 2009 to March 2010
      2008/[protected]/16 March 2008 to March 2009
      2007/[protected]/59 Initial enrollment period 26 March 2007 to 25 march 2008.
      Sir I had applied for the replacement of AICD through your TTK Network hospital “ Fortis Mohali “ on cash less basis, initially there was some objection regards hospital form etc which were duly amended by the hospital authorities and submitted subsequently the hospital was informed that the member has not yet completed 3 continuous years premiums ,and is not eligible for treatment.
      I started checking for my records etc and found that every thing was in order. The issue was discussed in detail with Mr Sunil At your Chandigarh Office ( Swastik Vihar )
      Here I clarified that I had cleared the necessary condition to be eligible for treatment from your company , all necessary documents were shown, and asked for the reason for denial of the treatment as per rules laid down in your policy Mr Sunil Kumar was indeed very very helpful in contacting his higher authorities . After a few days I was told that I was not eligible for cashless treatment for reason best known to your companie’s employees.

.. 2..
      I would like to stress here that why does a person after paying regular premiums to your company is not eligible to avail the facilities for which the policy was taken. I think your company is also like any other fraud company employing marketing staff just to sell policies & collect premiums to complete your targets to shown a northward graph of the company’s growth.
      I request you to kindly reply to my mail with reasons for refusing cashless treatment to me so that I may look forward for a medically secure future.
      Sincerely your’s

Sukhjit Singh
      # 1724, Sector -33D
      Chandigarh
      Dated 3rd December 2011

R
        Bengaluru, Karnataka
        my car is insured by Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd. the car was sent to ford motors after a minor accident. Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd representative Mr Amarnath Bhattacharya, mobile phone number [protected], informed me that as there was a short payment in my initial policy payment. i informed him that i had recieved a letter from Universing Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd dated 02/ 07 / 2011 during the last week of July 2011 that if i am not able to pay the short payment amount within 10 days of the letter they shall AMMEND THE POLICY WITH REGARD TO ITS DURATION IN ORDER TO ADJUST THE SHORTFALL IN PREMIUM. THIS ADJUSTMENT WILL BE DONE AS PER SHORT PERIOD SCALES OF THE COMPANY -

I was thus under the impression that the said adjustments have been made. I had informed this to Mr Amarnath Bhattacharya ([protected]), i also send him a scanned copy of the above quoted letter from Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd dated 02/07/2011.

Mr Bhattacharya requested me that as 13th, 14th & 15th August 2011 is holiday for Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd, he shall get my payments cleared on 16th August 2011.

I have been since trying to phone Mr Bhattacharya but he hears my voice and cuts the phone. i have so far made about 15 phone calls to him from various phone numbers and he hears my voice and disconnects. now he has started to switch off the phone after disconnecting the same.

the payment is not much I think about Rs, 3500/- but the attitude is bad and harrrassing.

regards, Rakesh Kotwal.

G
          Kapurthala, Punjab
          Dear Concern

My name is Gaurav Sharma .In Dec. 2009, my father bought a brand new Santro car from a dealer...

Nashik, Maharashtra
          i had accident thrice in 5 days span and i then kept my bike for insurance claim but this people says that they will consider only the 1st accident . watever i have written in the claim form is all truth.
          Here saying truth is causing in my loss ... they say 3 claims cant be filed together and they will give only the 1st accident money.
          And in the 1st accident my leg guard and my handle were damanged n because of the legguard the scoop n the air filter between the engine was also damanged and this company say that they will only give for the 1st accident
          Please help me out please
          Jago grahak jago i hope this is true
          photo n bills r with the company.. please kindly let me know what is to be done
          i will be waiting for u r reply

P
            Mumbai, Maharashtra
            A TATA MAGIC (recently purchased- cover note no- [protected]) met with an accident on 14th May 2010 at NH-11(Man Pur ). It happened at 5:00 PM. The recently purchased TATA MAGIC was insured by Universal General Insurance Co. Ltd. We wrote the company about the accident and went through the claim process as per the rule of the company. Now they are delaying the claim process as well as keeping us busy all the way in the same process repeatedly. After a long and persistent talk with company personnels, We are lodging you this complaint regarding the recovery of TATA MAGIC loss.
            We are looking for justice within short span of time.
            Mr. Pawan Naruka
            Dausa
            Rajasthan
            Ph[protected]

sir/madma
              i purchased a new 10 wheeler truck (no- jh 19 a 1400 ) this year, it met with an accident on 17/05/2010,...