Vodafone India — fraud charging on data usage during international roaming

Bangalore, India
 pnabka on Jul 3, 2018
I am on international roaming since 11th may.
Before leaving india i enabled basic international roaming services (Only incoming sms is free, all other services will be charged as per international roaming rates).
Hence before catching my international flight on 11th may, i had set "mobile data" to off under "settings — sim & network". From 11th may to this date i have never switched on "mobile data" as i am aware of the extra charges it will incur. But vodafone is still charging me for usage of data services for the billing cycle 21st may to 20th june an amount of rs. 5822.92.

When i checked in "myvodafone" app between 24/05/2018 to 18/06/2018, it always showed "data 10 of 10 gb left"
Data usage in my "phone setting" for vodafone sim also shows 0.00 mb data used.

I called up vodafone customer care (Reference number:[protected]. They told they cannot check the details unless the bill is generated and hence asked me to call back on 20th june. I did the same but received a message "unable to process the request". I called customer care again on 20th june, but they asked me to call again on 21st june as the bill was still not generated. Then i called on 24th june and asked to explain the customer executive about all this. But they did not helped me.
Then i wrote mail to "corporatecare. [email protected]" but they also didnt help. I again wrote a mail saying all my points and asking questions, but they did not bother to go through customer's mail & copy pasted the previous response which did not answer any of my queries.
This shows how "happy to help" you are.

Please help me out.

[Jul 03, 2018] Vodafone India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by pnabka, Oct 09, 2018
After 3 months also there is no response from Vodafone.
Updated by pnabka, Oct 09, 2018
On 9th October(02:29:35 PM) I had paid Rs.6121 to vodafone (Transaction ID: [protected]), Account ID[protected] even if I was charged wrongly as they blocked my number.
But I still want to follow up on this complaint as I am cheated by Vodafone & like me many others are facing the same issue.
Check the below link:
Updated by pnabka, Feb 22, 2019
After 7.5 months, there not even a single response from Vodafone

19612
    +91 22 7171 5000 (HQ)
    Vodafone India - fraud charging on data usage during international roaming