IRCTC - Waiting List E-Ticket automatic cancellation

Bala Nagesh S

This compliant is with reference to one of the rules that is being followed in IRCTC for the Waiting List category of E-tickets.

When a consumer's E-Ticket booked in IRCTC for a travel in a sceduled train is happened to be on waiting list category at the time of booking and if it status is 'Waiting List' at the time of chart preparation, the E-ticket will get cancelled automatically. If that person travels with that ticket, he is just regarded as ticketless passenger.

I would like to strongly advocate against this rule. Because, while booking the E-ticket, the passanger is paying an extra reservation charge. Why not the E-Ticket is given the same options as that with the tickets reserved at the counter. Why not the E-ticket waiting list is also allowed to be in the queue and to get cleared even after the chart preparation?

Comments

Refund Status - IRCTC - Railways e-ticket

I booked an e-ticket with PNR 8323568439 from Kalyan to Lucknow (Date of Journey 24/10/08) on 28/08/08 and I cancelled the ticket on 23/10/08 but the amount for the ticket has not been yet refunded to my account.

It has been more than two months and I am continuously following IRCTC helpline but no action has been yet taken on it.

Everytime I had to call IRCTC and customer care people will ask to wait for a week or two. But no concrete action has been taken yet. I had already called up IRCTC helpline about 25-30 times and have spended around Rs 200 for ticket of cost rs 441.

My contact number is 09850803260

Could you please help me on this.

DID NOT GET THE TICKETS. - irctc ticket

Today i.e 07/02/2009 I booked an e-ticket thru my HDFC Credit Card but suddenly server gets down and i did not got any tickets but my money has already been deducted from my account.can u please find the reason for that.

I booked an e-ticket with transaction ID 0104944709 from Pune to Patna (Date of Journey 07/04/2009) on 31/03/2009 but my e-ticket has not booked because due to internet connection fail then my bank statement shown is ticket amount has been debit Rs.509/- but my irctc user ID shown is bank payment is not received .
So, Plz needfull and necessary action.

Default booking of Ticket - Ticket Booking at irctc site

Twice I booked my ticket on IRCTC site and after making payment site has broken. Amount has been debited from my account and I don't know if they are going to credit the same amount in my account or not and when??

It causes a lots of inconvenience and pain to me.

Please make sure that now onwards don't debit money from the account without booking tickets.

NOT PROVIDING THE REFUND MORE THEN 12 MONTHS OF CANCELLATION - IRCTC INDIAN RAIL -TICKET CANCELLATION

have missed my train No. 2808 SAMTA Express dated 20/05/2008
I request you to kindly refund the money as per your rules.
My details are:
PNR No.: 2247592754
Transaction ID: 0043663920
My PAN no.: AEVPJ1186M

I have missed this train because the 139 customer care has provided me the wrong train arrival information. your customer care told me that train is running 40 minutes late. I asked the 139 three times and got the same answer but when i reached station 10 minutes before as per the information given by you, i found that "I HAVE MISSED THE TRAIN".
I request you to kindly improve the customer care service, so that in future other passengers should not suffer because of wrong information.

Looking for a prompt reply and early return of money. I TRIED TO CONTACT THE CUSTOMER CARE MANY TIME BUT I RECIVED ONLY ONE REPLAY YOUR REQUEST HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO THE CONCERD DEPARTMENT PLEASE WAIT .DONT U THINK I HAVE WAITED FOR ONE YEAR.
PLEASE HELP ME OUT
Vishal Jain

irctc's web site only show current date - E-ticket

i am try to book an e-ticket but when i give details and click on find trains the reservation site of irctc.co.in cant show trains on given date it only shiw current date
amitm79

e Ticket Cancellation - IRCTC

I had a waiting ticket for today - 07MAY09(PNR Number 246-0298950). I have been trying to cancel it since last afternoon (3 PM onwards) but website will keep going down with the message "Service Unavailable". Finally I wrote email to cancel my tickets at ids etickets@irctc.co.in & care@irctc.co.in. Next day morning I checked again. To my shock they have not cancelled the ticket and it has got confirmed. Now that the chart is ready, it cannot be cancelled online also. All this while there customer care has not picked up the phone single time in more than 100 times I have called. This is very pathetic service. I need full refund on my ticket.
D
GinniGB

please reply me immediatly for my last query

Waiting list ticket... - AMOUNT REFUNDED FROM IRCTC

Dear Concerns IRCTC,
I have booked a ticket on dated 30-4-2009 from HWH to YPR(BNGLR) but it was not confirmed the status was WL 3/4. as per rules and regulation it will get cancelled automatically and amount will be refunded in 24 Hrs but it is not done yet... For your kind reff i have mentioned the details stated below:--

Pnr Number6127195712Transaction ID0111424438
Train No2863Train NameHWH YPR EXPRESS
From Station HOWRAH JN(HWH)To StationYESVANTPUR JN(YPR)
Date03/5/2009Class3A
Boarding HOWRAH JN(HWH) Resv UptoYESVANTPUR JN(YPR)
QuotaTatkal Booked By

Please see the detail and revert me back I am waiting for your kind response...
Thanks & Regards.

Rahees Ahmed
+91-92121 33861

A lots of fraud business is going under the name of e- ticketing.The refunds of WL e -tickets are not given to the passengers as per the rules written on the e-tickets it self.Many people have various other complains against e-tickets.I feel either the railways should issue only confirmed e-tickets or not issue any e-tickets(i.e.waitlisted tickets)
I think one of the source of the whole lot of profit made by the indian railways these days is the funds collected by it not refunding passengers money on cancelled and WL tickets!!!

train was cancelled and i am unable to get my refund money because i had got an e-ticket - IRCTC

transaction id 0116356504
pnr no.- 2160521105

my train was cancelled due to disturbance in punjab and i had not got my refunded money

Ticket automatic cancel - IRCTC

i reserved a ticket for my mother , its PNR No. is 6333261770. it is automatic canceled on the journey date. during journey TT checked ticket , then he said to my mother make a new ticket because it is wrong ticket but my mother have only 400 rupee he charged her 545 rupee.
with the help of another person he charged TT and make a new ticket for Barauni to Tundla.
it is an accident of 30/10/2009 on Train Number. 4083 ..

to granting reservation e-tickets which is lost on www.irctc.co.in - e- tickets from irctc reservation

sir , i had reserved a seat in dadar amritsar pathankot express on 8-11-2009 for traveling to new delhi on 21-11-2009 and return ticket is also book on the same date that is 8-11-2009 from nizamuddin to habibganj on 22-11-2009 by bhopal express as e-ticket but i have not taken out the print of that ticket and now the account on the website of the irctc has not opened and i have bothered to much and sent this application to you please send my e-tickets of above mentioned trains for traveling on above mantioned date on my e-mail address mentioned above

thanking you yours faithfully
vivek vishnoi

refund of ticket cancellation charge - Personal

I got my Cradit Card monthly bill. there are no any refund have made from irctc. My ticket PNR No.2265359399.Cancellation date-20.10.09. please do the needfull immediately.

refund of my ticket which was in waiting status - IRCTC

sir my ticket was in waiting list and it is an E-TICKET so it is showing that the ticket cannot be cancelled as the chart has been prepared..so i need the refund as it is in waiting..the transaction id is 0163549084 and the PNR NO. is 2200209639...please check it as soon as possible and refund it in my account..the DATE of the ticket is 06/12/2009....

thanking you
prem prakash gupta

I-Ticket is already option given for the above complaint. If this is the issue person should opt for i-ticket rather than e-ticket. we can courier to our address of i-ticket

Dear Sir
Today i.e 17/03/2010 I booked an e-ticket thru my SBI ATM-CUM-DEBIT Card but suddenly server gets down and i did not got any tickets but my money has already been deducted from my account.can u please find the reason for that.

Today i.e 17/04/2010 I booked an e-ticket thru my SBI ATM-CUM-DEBIT Credit Card but suddenly server gets down and i did not got any tickets but my money has already been deducted from my account.can u please find the reason for that.

regards
Anita Bhattacharjee
Ticket History
Pnr Number 0 Transaction ID 0204104990
Train No 2938 Train Name KAIFIYAT EXP
From Station (HWH) To Station (BRC)
Date Of Journey 19-April-2010 Class Sleepre Class
Boarding (HWH) Resv Upto (BRC)
Date Of Booking 17-April-2010 Total Fare Rs 681.00
udaysankarp IRCTC  - Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Not allowed to cancel the i-ticket - IRCTC

I booked three i-tickets through IRTC for some of my friends who are staying in Salem and sent a hard copy to them. All the tickets are in waiting list.

Unfortunately, they postponed the trip and they are not in a position to cancel the tickets on the day and the tickets are in waiting list.

I have gone through the IRCTC instructions and sent a mail to IRCTC team. They said that it's okay to cancel the tickets the next day also. When we approached the reservation counter the next day, they argued and they didn't allowed us to cancel the tickets.

Please do the needful on taking further action.

Uday Sankar

REIMBURSEMENT AGAINST MY TRANSACTION ID 0204888815 / PNR NO. 8142362933

Respected Sir / Madam,
As per the subject & information by enquiry counter of Railway I am writing this application for reimbursement of TOTAL FARE 617.00 as my transaction got cancelled automatically due to no confirmation seat, so kindly do the needful
Waiting for your reply.