Akai

Haryana
India - 122002

Good

Akai Complaints & Reviews

Dear Sir, I purchased one Akai LED TV from Das Electronics, Boxi Bazar, Midnapur, Dist:-West Medinipur, Pin:-721101. Vide...

It was during 10/09/2013, I purchased a 21" 21F30 Model Akai Television from Sri Ram Home Needs, Yadavole Road, Devarapalli-534 313, West Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh having APGST No. ELR/03/01/1929 and claiming himself as an Authorized Dealer for Akai Television. While purchasing he provided me with a Warranty card bearing S.I.No.GBA010413X03264 which provides for product warranty for one year from the date of purchase and contains the Toll Free number and email id of the Manager Customer Care. While it was so, it was during 15th of this month, the display of the Television has been off thus forcing me to search for the customer care numbers provided on the warranty book let as well as Akai Website. To my astonishment, none of the numbers provided on the warranty booklet including the website address of the Akai are not functioning. I tried to contact the number they provided at guregoan which at last responded but to my dismay informed me that the number belongs to Videocon which used to provide after sales service to Akai products until the year 2000. They also informed me that the product what I was possessing is no more in circulation as the company has withdrawn the model and quite their operations from India. They asked me to contact the Dealer as there is a possibility of cheating by selling counterfeit television in the name of Akai. When contacted, the Dealer feigned ignorance and referred the matter to one Sri Sidhi Vinayaka Electronics, Rajahmundry, quoting them as servicing agency for Akai Television. On being contacted, the owner of the said servicing agency talked foul saying that they do not bother about the warranty of Akai as the company is no more in India and they will attend to my complaint only after one week provided I promise to pay Rs.250 towards visiting fee and further amounts for replacing the spares if any. Further, he told that he cannot assure anything about the TV as it can be repaired only if the spares are available otherwise, I need to throw it out. I am really taken aback and eplored the net for the whole night which provided me deep insight about a mafia which is working behind counterfeiting the withdrawn models of AKAI TV sets and selling to the gullible customers under fake bills and warranty cards. They are entering into an agreement with some local mechanic and whenever they receive some minor complaint they are referring the matter to the mechanic and in respect of major complaints, the customer is left to the fate. This is purely a criminal act in which I feel a lot of hands are involved and in the process lakhs of gullible customers are getting duped while the Government is losing crores of rupees in the form of taxes. Kindly suggest how to go about to claim my right and to bring the offenders on to the books. What action should I take against the Dealer at Devarapalli who is said to be involved in selling this type of counterfeit TV sets and other contraband over the last 3 years duping several customers.
Ac not getting cool and i submit complaints last month but nobody visit .Plz take necessary action.

RESPECTED SIR/ MADAM,
    I AM A DEALER OF CITY ELECTRONICS WHICH IS LOCATED IN KIRARI SULEMAN NAGAR IN NANGLO NEW DELH-86I. I HAVE PURCHASE A" AKAI" CTV 21 INCH FROM UNIMAX MOBILE SALES AND SERVICES(P) LTD. FURTHER I SOLD THAT CTV TO A CUSTOMER ON[protected]. THE CTV HAVE SOME TECHNICAL / HARDWARE PROBLEM FOR WHICH I HAVE LODGE SIX(6) TIME COMPLAIN TO THE CUSTOMER CARE BUT THEY ARE NOT GIVING ANY POSITIVE RESPONSE TO MY PROBLEM. THE COMPLAIN NO IS MENTIONED BELOW SERIALLY:
    DEL 12/6/07/0014
    DEL 12/6/18/0021
    DEL 12/7/11/0003
    DEL 12/8/12/0028
    DEL 13/2/17/0010
    DEL 13/3/17/0002

THE MODEL OF CTV IS- AKAI CTV (21 F8L)
    THE SERIAL NO OF TELEVISION IS: GBA010911P046620

I WILL REQUEST YOU TO KINDLY SOLVE MY PROBLEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
    THE DETAILS OF THE SHOWROOM IS
    CITY ELECTRONICS,131, SOM BAZAR ROAD, KIRARI SULEMAN NAGAR , NEW DELHI -86

MOB NO: [protected](OWNER)

Akai — Remote control unit

I give a remote control unit at Hi Tech Eng. 6 months ago.Many time request to repaire remote or give me new remote but i cant get remote still today.

Akai — changing my t.v. back cover

i have registered my complaint 6 month ago but they could not attended my complaint. I have to change my tv back cover which had been burned on 23.10.2010.

thanking you
    Ramesh Prasad
    yet i have not got any responce

RESPECTED SIR/ MADAM,
      DEL 12/6/07/0014
      DEL 12/6/18/0021
      DEL 12/7/11/0003
      DEL 12/8/12/0028
      DEL 13/2/17/0010
      DEL 13/3/17/0002

THE MODEL OF CTV IS- AKAI CTV (21 F8L)
      THE SERIAL NO OF TELEVISION IS: GBA010911P046620

I WILL REQUEST YOU TO KINDLY SOLVE MY PROBLEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
      THE DETAILS OF THE SHOWROOM IS
      CITY ELECTRONICS,131, SOM BAZAR ROAD, KIRARI SULEMAN NAGAR , NEW DELHI -86

MOB NO: [protected](OWNER)
      Aug 13, 2020
      HOPING FOR A POSITIVE RESPONSE FROM YOUR SIDE AS WELL AS COMPANY...

KINDLY SOLVE MY PROBLEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Japanese consumer electronics brand Akai today announced its entry into the mobile handset segment in India with the launch of 10 models in the dual SIM (GSM+GSM) category.Akai said the handsets are priced between Rs.1895 and Rs.7995 and are available across 8000 retail outlets in the country. The company also said it is targetting to increase the number of outlets to 20,000 by end-September 2010.Akai branded mobile phones will be sold in India through Global Brands Enterprise Solutions Pvt. Ltd., which has the brand rights for India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal, it said in a press release.Apart from dual SIM, the features of the handsets also include full touch 3-D user interface, wi-fi, long lasting battery, large high resolution QVGA screen, expandable memory, wireless FM with recording, high definition video recording, compatible with social networking sites, e-book compatibility etc, said Akai.While announcing the launch of the new handsets, Pranay Dhabhai, managing director, Akai India said, the company hopes to become a prominent player in the Rs. 700 billion mobile handset market in the coming years.“We are expecting an overall turnover of Rs 435 crore by July 2011 and mobile sales are expected to contribute around 40 per cent of the total revenues with targeted monthly sales of one lakh handsets from October onwards,” he added.Dhabhai claimed that Akai is the first multi-national brand to be introducing a complete range of mobile handsets based on dual SIM platform which is presently dominated by local Indian brands.“The mobile handset market in India is growing rapidly and there is a great demand for quality handsets. With Akai mobiles now being available in India and with our global expertise and understanding of Indian consumer needs, we will be giving a tough time not only to the Indian brand dominating the dual SIM segment, but also the other Multi National brands dominating the Indian mobile Industry,” he added.
        Japanese consumer electronics brand Akai today announced its entry into the mobile handset segment in India with the launch of 10 models.

HI.
          I purchased akai 81CM lcd tv l32a20, TV serial no GBA020611B004203
          we connect our tv to the set top box, we are getting shock from the connecting pin wires, the set top box repairing man told that the current passing from the tv, he told some losse connetion is there in the tv. plz send repairing man and send a Duplicate copy of the bill because, i lost my original bill.
          i had purchase in 2012 on august at big bazzaar kachiguda,

no:[protected], [protected]
          address:14-184/1 santhosh reddy nagar conoly new mrijalguda, malkagiri hyd.

Akai Television — colour & patch problem

My akai television purchasing month/year NOVEMBER 2006 for gupta elect. sadabad gate, district hathras.

&

six month later tv problem statrting but problem is not solved for TODAY. yours service provider G.R ELECTRONIC AGRA (Mr. RAJ SRIVASTAV).
          many time IC,picture tube etc changed or payment receive.
          so please rectify my problem plz........................................

Akai Television — NOT REPAIRING MY TV

I HAVE CALLED AKAI TELEVISION TO REPAIR MY TV. HE DIDN'T CAME QICK AND AFTER THAT HE CAME AND TOOK Rs.1400 FROM TO REPAIR MY TV . AFTER THAT HE GONE AND LATER I FOUND THAT HE DIDDN;T CONNECTED MY SWITCH BUTTON AND ALSO THE SCREEN IS NOT LOOKIN GOOD AS BEFORE. THEN I CALLED THEM LATER THEY STARTED TO DISCONTINIG MY CALL. I LASTELY TRIED TO IT'S WEB. WWW.TEKCAREINDIADI.COM AND FOUND THAT THIS WEB. DOESN'T EXIST. NOW NOONE IS COMING TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM . PLEASE HELP ME . MY REGESTRATION NO. IS 08E11040
          i am customer of akai color television but after purchasing i have no responce for repairng the television plesase contanct my mobile no [protected] 0f address 372 vashist nagar ambala cantt

Team,

I raised a complaint for issues with washing machine at Akai call center and I received a complaint number AHM/12/12/15/0001 and I asked for a supervisor number, so the advisor provided me the AHD area manager number Mr. Yadav.. I contacted him and made them aware of the problem and he assured that a technician would visit my home and check the problem.

But till date no one has entertained the request and it add to my voes that my complaint has been cancelled mentioning that the problem has been sorted.. I again raised a complaint AHM/12/12/25/0003 and I again contacted Mr. Yadav but he is not answering my call from today.. Even I dropped in a SMS and asking me to call me at the earliest but till the the time I am writing this email, I haven't received any reply from Mr. Yadav.

Request you to look into this matter.

Pranay Parikh

Akai — worst customer service

its a real pain in buying an akai tv. the so-called appointed akai after-sales service centres are the worst a company can have. its seriously tampering the image of the company. i am from mumbai and the service dealers like hi-tech services, mumbai and unique services, mumbai pay no attention to customers. a technician promising to come in 2 hrs time doesnt have the courtesy to call even after 2 days. is this customer service????? it is the parent company's duty to ensure the quality of dealers that are appointed. i hope the problem is addressed here soon and i request people to think 'n' number of times before buying an akai product.

I ordered and got the Akai camcorder thr' Homeshop18 @ Rs4999/-. Though I cant call it a defective piece, still i can guarantee that it is the worst performing camcorder and one should have the last option to buy such a product. It performs only in bright day light and that to when the sun is directly falling on your face. There is no visibility under normal light, nay to say of indoor shooting under fluorescent light. I can't tell who is fooling the people - HS18 or Akai. In the name of a brand they selling sear rubbish.
              Hello i bought akai digital camcorder form hs18.i want to tell you that it is very bad camcorder, working only in daylight and only when you standing in the sunlight.in normal light this will not work.
              Also it always shows problem sometimes, its screen get diverted and its not easy to click images with that, so friends be aware before taking it.

I HAD PURCHASE A MICROWAVE FROM GUPTA VISON MANIMAJRA CHANDIGARH ON DATED 26/03/2012. AND I REQUESTED FOR THE DEMO OF MICROWAVE.

THE DEMO SERVICE REPRSENTATIVE COME FOR DEMO ON DATED 29/03/2012 AND THE COMPONENT WAS NOT WORKING AND HE SUGGEST SOME MAGER PARTS OF THIS COMPONET NOT WORING & IS SHOULD BE CHAGE THE FULL UNIT.

AND HE NOTICED THE MICROWAVE WICH I WAS PURCHASE ON 26/03/2012 THAT WAS 3 YEARS OLD MODEL YEAR.

THE GUPTA VISON SALE ME 2009 MANUFACURED MICROVAVE AND I M FEELING CHEATED BY THEM.

THEY REFUSE TO CHANGE THE COMPONENT & NOW I DECIDE TO GO THROUGH THE CONSUMER COURT.

RAVINDER AGNIHOTRI

Akai — Akai Music System Not repaired

Dear Reader,

I had purchased an AKAI music system from the company, but now company has discontinued the model and now they are saying that the model cannot be repaired because the parts are not available with them.

Is this the kind of services AKAI provides

AKAI,MICROWAVE — NOT WORKING

DEAR SIR
                WE PURCHASED AKAI20LTRGRILL MICROWAVEOVEN INVOICE DATE 24-AUG-2011 BUYER ORDER NO:[protected]
                NOT WORKING PROPERLY CAMPLAINTED TO U &AKAI SERVICE ENGINEER WAS CHEKED THAT WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSPORT PLEASEREPLACE WITH NEW ONE

THANKING U
                G.RAJESWARAO
                [protected]@GMAIL.COM

i bought camcorder from homeshop before 25-30 days which was get defective peace from you, immediately i called in customer...
                  Dear Guys,

As i purchased 3 Mobiles Akkai,As one charger is not working.after purchasing 3 months,As i am having...

I bought the AKAI SUMO 29 " TV on 23.10.2005 from Mohan Electronics, Ulhasnagar-3 vide their delivery challan No./invoice No.14701 with 7 years comprehensive warranty. The TV stopped functioning since a long time but I was told that the Company has shut down. Recently I got information that AKAI company is taken over by VIDEOCON and they will service the TV since it is still under warranty. I lodged the complaint on tel no.[protected] & their mechanic came & asked for the Invoice & warranty card which I showed to him. However, On seeing the TV he refused to repair saying that the Sticker containing the serial Number of TV is missing. I pleaded with him that I was not aware of any sticker etc. but I hold the valid Invoice & warranty cards duly dated and stamped by the seller. But he went away without repairing the tv. The Invoice & warranty contained the model No. of TV but still he was not convinced. What is the alternative available to poor customer like me.
                  Dwarkadas
                  Aug 13, 2020
                  Akai is a cheater brand.
                  I had a service engineer coming to my home and declared that the parts are not available, and that he will try. After repeated followup there is a suggestion to replace a board costing Rs.3000/- plus from the company but a non-brand matching board costs just Rs.1500/- . All my TV need is an IC costing about Rs.750/- as per the engineer... such is Akai service in GOA.

I suggest any one reading my comment not to invest with AKAI

Hello sir,
                    My name is Ramesh ( My Cell No. [protected] )from tirupati ( Andhra Pradesh ). i purchased a mobile on your...

I have given my akai TV model no SUMO-29 SD, SL no-[protected]. I have given complain to AKAI Consumer Electronics India Ltd Bangalore. My complain no is BAN/[protected] dated 05 Nov 09. I have paid Rs 550/- to the servicing agemt Mr Gupta (Mobile No.[protected]) on 08 Nov 09 at 1600 hrs without getting my TV serviceable. Mr Gupta charged short spare cost and he had not given any receipt and short spare also.I informed this matter to custoner care Mr Vishnu and confirmed many times telephonically and I sent RTI on dated 10 Nov 09 and reminder letter NAL/DEP/PR dated 06 Jan 10 and on line complainedon 26 Apr 11 but I have not received any reply till date. I purchased my TV from Golden Voice ,68 parel Mumbai -12 dated 06 Dec 04. Which have 1+6 years warranty ( For CRT Additional) but above said agent was not agreed for additional warranty and still my TV under warranty but above said agent was charging money for CRT which was under warranty.

Virendra kumar
                    C/O Mr B.K. Prasad,# -5, Lakshmi Krishna ,Nilya Building,II floor,8th Cross. B.Nagasandra, Yamlur -Post, B Nagasandra,Bangalore-560017,Karnataka
                    Mobile No.-[protected]
                    E-Mail-veeru766697rediffmail.com
                    Aug 13, 2020

i have purchased an AKAI CTV (model 2929G) on 20.10.2006 from authorised dealer Videozone, Balasore, Orissa.the CTV has extended 07 years complete warranty in addition to its normal warrranty.
                      before few days i registered complaints (BBS[protected]),as in my tv picture was cutting vertically in the two sides and also some humming sound was coming while tv is on.
                      in response to my complaints, the service centre, balasore was telling that the model 2929G of Akai TV is not under 07 years complete warranty.it is rediculous that dealer has given warranty card for the same but service centre is not accepting the warranty. the service centre, balasore has solved the problem by replacing a part (EHT) and taken repair cost Rs.650/- on 13/10/2010.

Akai — NOT PROVIDING SERVICE IN WARRANTY

I HAVE PURCHASED AKAI 19" LED TV FROM HOME SHOP 18 BUT AFTER 07 MONTHS ONLY IT GOT DEFECTIVE . COMPLAINTS LODGGED AT AKAI SERVICE CENTRE ON 03/02/2012 AND EVEN MORE THAN 20 DAYS HAS PASSED SERVICE BY THE AKAI SERVICE CENTRE HAS NOT BEEN PROVIDED.ON CONTACTING THEY ARE MISGUIDING AND TORTURING ME.

Akai — Service Not provided

Service Not provided at pen area compliant booked on 23rd oct. 2012 against Complaint no. MUM/12/10/23/0002
                      I have purchased a Akai TV set model no CT22WFMKIII on 10/10/2006 with seven years warranty from Hira Radio corporation, Ghaziabad owner of the shop is Mr. Ashwani contact no is [protected], at the time of purchase dealer has not mentioned serial no of the TV set on warranty card and also he has not stick a sticker on the warranty card (This information provided by the service team as every warrant card has a sticker and a serial no.).
                      Now on 28/04/2013 I had booked a complaint on customer care complain no is GHA[protected] regarding the blurring of the picture and color and remote was also not working.
                      One technician Mr. Umesh Nathani contact no. is [protected] has visited at my home and repair my TV but quality of the picture was turning in more bad conditions instead of improving. Also he is not repairing the Remote and told to me as remote is not the part of TV set so he is not repairing it and I have to purchase a new remote from the market. I had told him as the condition of the TV set is not good but he is not giving the attention to my complaint and left my home moreover he is arguing me very badly because of the above mentioned sticker and serial no.
                      On 30/04/2013 my TV was not starting and when I had tried to started it, its, give some sparks like lights so I had off my TV set and again book a complain on customer care no. and received a massage that my complain has been reopened and service team contact me shortly but no one has come to my house to repair my TV set.
                      Now on 14/06/2013 I had again booked a complaint no. GHA[protected] and again Mr. Umesh Nathani has visited at my home and try to repair my TV set and started his work but as per my previous experience with this person I had told him that I didn’t want that he had repair my TV set so he left my home.
                      In the mean time I had asked to customer care and one Mr. Santar Pal contact no. is [protected] has visited my home and again he is refusing to repair my TV set because of the serial no and sticker.

I had try to contact to Mr. Ashwani, and he is not giving me any satisfactory answer, again I had try to contact to customer care service team they had provide me the contact no. of Mr. Shri Kant [protected] and Mr. Saifi [protected] Senior Members of service team, at 98. Lohiya Nagar, Ghaziabad, Mr. Saifi clearly denied that he had not the authorized service dealer of Akai and letter on he said that my TV set is not under the condition of repair because of that Serial no. and Sticker and if I want to repair my TV set then I have to pay money to them.
                      However Mr. Shri Kant has given me a promise that service team will visiting at my home on Monday, but on today the contact no of Mr. Shri Kant is switched off and Mr. Saifi has again denied repairing my TV without money.
                      Mr. Ashwani gives me false promises again and again that, he asked with Shri Kant Sir, and he will take care of the issue, but everything going in the hell.
                      Now Very humbly I asked just a question that as a customer how I am responsible for the mistake of the shopkeeper Mr. Ashwani, and why I suffer with the problem.
                      Now my request to you / Concerned Person please intervene in the matter and arrange a person for repairing of my TV set without cost on urgent basis as from 30/04/2103 my TV set is not working.
                      Else as a consumer I have left only one way to move to Consumer Forum against the fraud committed by the Heera Radio Corporation and The service Team, this is not my threatening but the last available way to me. In this condition M/s Heera Radio Corporation and Service Team will be responsible for all the Expanses regarding the Court case and other consequences.
                      Thanking you.
                      Arun Goel
                      Advocate
                      17, Vivekanand Nagar,
                      Ghaziabad.
                      Mobile No - [protected] & [protected]

my name is Abhay sawant, i had ordered a product from Home Shop 18 . The name of the product is AKAI DVD Player worth Rs.1999/-. But when i received the product on date 22nd December 2010 it was a defective peice. when i called to Home Shop 18's costomer care they did't gave me the complaint no. However i have send the defective product to Home Shop 18's Delhi based office/shop by courier at my own expenses. I have asked for the refund attaching a Letter of fefund alongwith the said product(AKAI DVD Player) but i have not received the refund money. Please take action on this complaint as soon as possible.

Akai DVD Player — DVD NOT DELIVERED

MY DVD NOT DELIVERD
                        Hi there,

We apologize the inconvenience caused. As per our discussion, your order has been refunded. The refund cheque will be delivered to you soon.

Homeshop18 Online Support Team

Your feedback is important to us Keep Posting!
                        i purchsed akai dvd in 2004 i am not getting remote for model DV-P5580 SK
                        IN PUNE MAHARASHTRA i purchase new remote from authorised service center in pune for common dvd but it is not working
                        kindly suggest remote (parallel ) for dvd
                        satish d. kulkarni

Akai Tv Ct 2205 — LOT non ops [Resolved]

sir i purchased akai tv samurai ct 2205 2 yrs back at mumbai , it not working , the reason behinf LOT become non ops, pse...
                          Dear Sirs/Madam
                          I have purchased CTV model CT2205 of Akai make in 2008,
                          Since the Tv was purchased it was never...

I was working with Akai Consumer Electronics Ltd as Service Incharge for Bangalore branch for about 8 months in 2002. It is really a company who cheated me of my hard earned money of one month's pay and Rs. 5000/- bonus. Inspite of sending numerous mails and posting in Internet they haven't paid me till date. May be they might even not have the documents but I have the proof that it's not been paid.
                          Aug 13, 2020

We have purchased an AKAI Colour TV in June-2010 but within a month time, it got dead and now its not working. We registered a complaint at[protected] with reference number KAR[protected] on 10-JULY-2010 and they have committed service within 24 hours but now today, more than 3 days have gine but no action taken on it and there is no engineer visited at our home.. Kinldy suggest what to do now to get our TV repaired..

AKAI COLOUR TV — NOT REPLACING OLD WITHIN WARRANTY

SUBEDAR RAVINDRA SINGH

COLOUR TV MODEL CTVCT21245MP PURCHASED FROM SONALI ELECTRONICS SERIAL NO[protected] DATE OF PURCHASE 31 DEC 2008 COLOUR PICTURE TUBE TWO YEARS WARRANRTY BILL NO 412 DATED 23 APR 2010. RS 700/- PAID. NOW BEING ASKED TO PAY 45% OF NEW CTV WHICH IS INCORRECT. PLEASE REPLACE CTV EARLIEST.

THANKS