Akai Customer Care

Haryana
India - 122002

Awesome

Akai related photos (5)

Complaints with pictures are more trusted and informative    View all

Akai Complaints & Reviews

dtk123
I bought the AKAI SUMO 29 " TV on 23.10.2005 from Mohan Electronics, Ulhasnagar-3 vide their delivery challan No./invoice No.14701 with 7 years comprehensive warranty. The TV stopped functioning since a long time but I was told that the Company has shut down. Recently I got information that AKAI company is taken over by VIDEOCON and they will service the TV since it is still under warranty. I lodged the complaint on tel no.[protected] & their mechanic came & asked for the Invoice & warranty card which I showed to him. However, On seeing the TV he refused to repair saying that the Sticker containing the serial Number of TV is missing. I pleaded with him that I was not aware of any sticker etc. but I hold the valid Invoice & warranty cards duly dated and stamped by the seller. But he went away without repairing the tv. The Invoice & warranty contained the model No. of TV but still he was not convinced. What is the alternative available to poor customer like me.
Dwarkadas
Akai is a cheater brand.
I had a service engineer coming to my home and declared that the parts are not available, and that he will try. After repeated followup there is a suggestion to replace a board costing Rs.3000/- plus from the company but a non-brand matching board costs just Rs.1500/- . All my TV need is an IC costing about Rs.750/- as per the engineer... such is Akai service in GOA.

I suggest any one reading my comment not to invest with AKAI

veeru766697
    I have given my akai TV model no SUMO-29 SD, SL no-[protected]. I have given complain to AKAI Consumer Electronics India Ltd Bangalore. My complain no is BAN/[protected] dated 05 Nov 09. I have paid Rs 550/- to the servicing agemt Mr Gupta (Mobile No.[protected]) on 08 Nov 09 at 1600 hrs without getting my TV serviceable. Mr Gupta charged short spare cost and he had not given any receipt and short spare also.I informed this matter to custoner care Mr Vishnu and confirmed many times telephonically and I sent RTI on dated 10 Nov 09 and reminder letter NAL/DEP/PR dated 06 Jan 10 and on line complainedon 26 Apr 11 but I have not received any reply till date. I purchased my TV from Golden Voice ,68 parel Mumbai -12 dated 06 Dec 04. Which have 1+6 years warranty ( For CRT Additional) but above said agent was not agreed for additional warranty and still my TV under warranty but above said agent was charging money for CRT which was under warranty.

Virendra kumar
    C/O Mr B.K. Prasad,# -5, Lakshmi Krishna ,Nilya Building,II floor,8th Cross. B.Nagasandra, Yamlur -Post, B Nagasandra,Bangalore-560017,Karnataka
    Mobile No.-[protected]
    E-Mail-veeru766697rediffmail.com

siddh74
      i have purchased an AKAI CTV (model 2929G) on 20.10.2006 from authorised dealer Videozone, Balasore, Orissa.the CTV has extended 07 years complete warranty in addition to its normal warrranty.
      before few days i registered complaints (BBS[protected]),as in my tv picture was cutting vertically in the two sides and also some humming sound was coming while tv is on.
      in response to my complaints, the service centre, balasore was telling that the model 2929G of Akai TV is not under 07 years complete warranty.it is rediculous that dealer has given warranty card for the same but service centre is not accepting the warranty. the service centre, balasore has solved the problem by replacing a part (EHT) and taken repair cost Rs.650/- on 13/10/2010.

Akai — NOT PROVIDING SERVICE IN WARRANTY

I HAVE PURCHASED AKAI 19" LED TV FROM HOME SHOP 18 BUT AFTER 07 MONTHS ONLY IT GOT DEFECTIVE . COMPLAINTS LODGGED AT AKAI SERVICE CENTRE ON 03/02/2012 AND EVEN MORE THAN 20 DAYS HAS PASSED SERVICE BY THE AKAI SERVICE CENTRE HAS NOT BEEN PROVIDED.ON CONTACTING THEY ARE MISGUIDING AND TORTURING ME.

Akai — Service Not provided

Service Not provided at pen area compliant booked on 23rd oct. 2012 against Complaint no. MUM/12/10/23/0002
      I have purchased a Akai TV set model no CT22WFMKIII on 10/10/2006 with seven years warranty from Hira Radio corporation, Ghaziabad owner of the shop is Mr. Ashwani contact no is [protected], at the time of purchase dealer has not mentioned serial no of the TV set on warranty card and also he has not stick a sticker on the warranty card (This information provided by the service team as every warrant card has a sticker and a serial no.).
      Now on 28/04/2013 I had booked a complaint on customer care complain no is GHA[protected] regarding the blurring of the picture and color and remote was also not working.
      One technician Mr. Umesh Nathani contact no. is [protected] has visited at my home and repair my TV but quality of the picture was turning in more bad conditions instead of improving. Also he is not repairing the Remote and told to me as remote is not the part of TV set so he is not repairing it and I have to purchase a new remote from the market. I had told him as the condition of the TV set is not good but he is not giving the attention to my complaint and left my home moreover he is arguing me very badly because of the above mentioned sticker and serial no.
      On 30/04/2013 my TV was not starting and when I had tried to started it, its, give some sparks like lights so I had off my TV set and again book a complain on customer care no. and received a massage that my complain has been reopened and service team contact me shortly but no one has come to my house to repair my TV set.
      Now on 14/06/2013 I had again booked a complaint no. GHA[protected] and again Mr. Umesh Nathani has visited at my home and try to repair my TV set and started his work but as per my previous experience with this person I had told him that I didn’t want that he had repair my TV set so he left my home.
      In the mean time I had asked to customer care and one Mr. Santar Pal contact no. is [protected] has visited my home and again he is refusing to repair my TV set because of the serial no and sticker.

I had try to contact to Mr. Ashwani, and he is not giving me any satisfactory answer, again I had try to contact to customer care service team they had provide me the contact no. of Mr. Shri Kant [protected] and Mr. Saifi [protected] Senior Members of service team, at 98. Lohiya Nagar, Ghaziabad, Mr. Saifi clearly denied that he had not the authorized service dealer of Akai and letter on he said that my TV set is not under the condition of repair because of that Serial no. and Sticker and if I want to repair my TV set then I have to pay money to them.
      However Mr. Shri Kant has given me a promise that service team will visiting at my home on Monday, but on today the contact no of Mr. Shri Kant is switched off and Mr. Saifi has again denied repairing my TV without money.
      Mr. Ashwani gives me false promises again and again that, he asked with Shri Kant Sir, and he will take care of the issue, but everything going in the hell.
      Now Very humbly I asked just a question that as a customer how I am responsible for the mistake of the shopkeeper Mr. Ashwani, and why I suffer with the problem.
      Now my request to you / Concerned Person please intervene in the matter and arrange a person for repairing of my TV set without cost on urgent basis as from 30/04/2103 my TV set is not working.
      Else as a consumer I have left only one way to move to Consumer Forum against the fraud committed by the Heera Radio Corporation and The service Team, this is not my threatening but the last available way to me. In this condition M/s Heera Radio Corporation and Service Team will be responsible for all the Expanses regarding the Court case and other consequences.
      Thanking you.
      Arun Goel
      Advocate
      17, Vivekanand Nagar,
      Ghaziabad.
      Mobile No - [protected] & [protected]

ab sawant

my name is Abhay sawant, i had ordered a product from Home Shop 18 . The name of the product is AKAI DVD Player worth Rs.1999/-. But when i received the product on date 22nd December 2010 it was a defective peice. when i called to Home Shop 18's costomer care they did't gave me the complaint no. However i have send the defective product to Home Shop 18's Delhi based office/shop by courier at my own expenses. I have asked for the refund attaching a Letter of fefund alongwith the said product(AKAI DVD Player) but i have not received the refund money. Please take action on this complaint as soon as possible.

Akai DVD Player — DVD NOT DELIVERED

MY DVD NOT DELIVERD
        MY DVD NOT DLVERD
        Hi there,

We apologize the inconvenience caused. As per our discussion, your order has been refunded. The refund cheque will be delivered to you soon.

Homeshop18 Online Support Team

Your feedback is important to us Keep Posting!
        i purchsed akai dvd in 2004 i am not getting remote for model DV-P5580 SK
        IN PUNE MAHARASHTRA i purchase new remote from authorised service center in pune for common dvd but it is not working
        kindly suggest remote (parallel ) for dvd
        satish d. kulkarni

Akai Tv Ct 2205 — LOT non ops [Resolved]

laxmanakai
          sir i purchased akai tv samurai ct 2205 2 yrs back at mumbai , it not working , the reason behinf LOT become non ops, pse...

Akai Tv Model Ct 2205 — poor response from take care india p.ltd [Resolved]

genesco
          Dear Sirs/Madam
          I have purchased CTV model CT2205 of Akai make in 2008,
          Since the Tv was purchased it was never...

copperman
          I was working with Akai Consumer Electronics Ltd as Service Incharge for Bangalore branch for about 8 months in 2002. It is really a company who cheated me of my hard earned money of one month's pay and Rs. 5000/- bonus. Inspite of sending numerous mails and posting in Internet they haven't paid me till date. May be they might even not have the documents but I have the proof that it's not been paid.

Gaurav.Sethi
            We have purchased an AKAI Colour TV in June-2010 but within a month time, it got dead and now its not working. We registered a complaint at[protected] with reference number KAR[protected] on 10-JULY-2010 and they have committed service within 24 hours but now today, more than 3 days have gine but no action taken on it and there is no engineer visited at our home.. Kinldy suggest what to do now to get our TV repaired..

AKAI COLOUR TV — NOT REPLACING OLD WITHIN WARRANTY

SUBEDAR RAVINDRA SINGH

COLOUR TV MODEL CTVCT21245MP PURCHASED FROM SONALI ELECTRONICS SERIAL NO[protected] DATE OF PURCHASE 31 DEC 2008 COLOUR PICTURE TUBE TWO YEARS WARRANRTY BILL NO 412 DATED 23 APR 2010. RS 700/- PAID. NOW BEING ASKED TO PAY 45% OF NEW CTV WHICH IS INCORRECT. PLEASE REPLACE CTV EARLIEST.

THANKS

SUBEDAR RAVINDRA SINGH

vimalroykzm

My name is Vimal and I am from Kazhakuttam,Trivandrum. We have one 7 year old AKAI CT 22 DF Flat TV purchased from Udaya Agencies, Kazhakuttam. Six months back its got some problem and we contacted the service people on[protected] and they send the local service people (I think Tekcare, Trivandrum). They changed some components and it will be ok. For one week there is no problem. After that lots of problems are arising and till now its not be resolved. Actually we have LifeTime Service Warranty for this TV.

Last month one of your Technician Mr.Gopakumar (VeeGee) check the TV and told to change the old board because its having some problem. He send Mr.Biju (Mob:[protected]) to change the old board to a new one. But Mr.Biju put a wrong board to our TV without telling the features of the new board. He cut all switches in the front panel and he didn't connect the woofer that the old board supports.(Actually there is no option in the new board, thats I told its a wrong board). He write six months warranty on the bill and collected Rs-2680/- for the board. He told that TV can operate only through remote. What is this? This is called a service?

Now our remote didn't work (which have been bought from your service person charging Rs-300/-) and cannot view the picture & sound correctly. We contacted the local service people(Anil kumar) and[protected] several time but there response was very delayed. Till now we spend lots of money for this useless (AKAI) TV. Please seriously look into the matter.

So now we are planning to file a consumer case against Mr.Biju and VeeGee for cheating. Thats all.

Home Address:
              Ph: 2705707

Thanks & regards,
              Vimal Roy.
              Technopark.
              I understand your frustration.. I have had a similar experience in Goa.
              The company dosen't have spares to service the products that fail, as in my case.
              A followup with the service center only give you very creative answer to dodge you, just pass the time.
              I suggest you share your experience with all your friends and relatives, so that they don't invest in this bad brand.
              DO NOT BUY AKAI it has bad / no service sense.

Akai India / Tv Sumo 29 Inches — warranty [Resolved]

gopalraos
                i have purchased akai 29 inches tv from ms surya electronics, hubsiguda hyderabad 500007. on[protected].the...

k.c. vaswani
                I purchased a new akai 21 inch t.v., model challenger 600 gold purchased 06 jan 2010.
                It is just getting swithed of by itself while it is on
                While complaining to local akai t.v. service ., one person named SHAKIR ,told there is no such provision for this t.v..
                Paradoxically I had received a call on previousday from the same office preiviousl day that the person will come for installation. Why i came to know all this because T.V. IS GETTING SWITHED OFF BY ITSELF.
                This is a grave problem with brand new t.v. and at the same time mr.SHAKIR openly misbehaving about the complaint. What should consumer do ?
                should i Go to media and consumer court, after two days i will not have any other alternative.
                k.c. vaswani
                The t.v. was purchased from NEXT SHOWROOM situated at A.B. ROAD INDORE, MADHYA PRADESH, INDIA
                Dear Vaswani,

this is really bad. what should a normal aam aadmi shud do..working for the whole day and at night NO TV. my goodness how do u live without tv.

Akai Tv — TV Servicing [Resolved]

Mr. Virendra Kumar
                  I have given my AKAI TV model no SUMO-29SD Complain on 05 Nov 09 to Miss Pavitra of AKAI Consumer Electronics India Ltd. My...

sanjay d.srhingarpure
                  TO the vice precident videocon india ltd.
                  Respected sir,
                  I am verrymuch upset with your AKAI make lcd. 21ls-7 TV,
                  we have purchesed this tv from NEXT SHOWROOM VOKHROLI west mumbai 83
                  bill no. 32706 dated 7/12/07 sr. no.[protected]
                  The above LCD was purchesed from NEXT VIKHROLI to use as a moniter for computer as well as for TV.as there is VGA builtin .
                  NEXT salesman told us this tv.can be use as moniter, as per his advised we have bought a tv on above date from the day we have purchesed we are complaing that the tv set is not working properly,they use to take the complaint ,but mechanic use to arrive after cuppel of day's after giving twenty rings to NEXT showroom from 2007 december onwords ,we have been complAINing and above 7/10 complaint we logged by us by NEXT person personall but tv was not satisfactoraly working then your useless & worthless service person MR MUNAFF had given the ring & collected tv to his service centre at andheri for repaired but we had told him we do not want this thirdgread difective tv we want replasement for the same but your MR. munnaf said that i will look in to the matter ,i also told him that tvis use as moniter for the copmuter and also i can not wait for repaired then he told me i shall send you another tv after frequent riminders and abusing him some how he send me a junk tv box that lide at our end for four -five month's after reminding him frequently for our tv. some how he send our tv please use this if it dosent work properly otherwise i will replased .
                  I would like to bring to your notice that when first complaint was logged for the same LCD remote was not working and after frequent reminders yours service people send us a videocon make remote saying that AKIA tv is not suppling any remote and vediocon remote can be use for same tv some how we mannaged said ok & copreted with you .
                  Now after frequent complaint's your complaint no mum [protected],mum[protected] dated 14/11/09 & 16/11/09, we have complaint for the same tv. as pannal of the tv is sepreated with screen and your machine.
                  We think your useless service person must have temperd and in such way and broken locks of the pannel opening again & fixing again & spoil our tvset.
                  We requested again & again as a good cityzen to replased the same & also send several SMS to your 53030 /SVC but responce was verry poor & there was call from videocon saying that your warrenty is over we cant do anything, we requested them to look in to our earilier complaint which your service person said they was allready closed .We think that we have bought a tv from not a reputed compny we have bought from bhangarwalla (scrap merchent).
                  We dont think that there are any good persons working in your compny for reputed customers like us who are buying your products frequently, and recomanding to other customer's & friends.
                  We hummbly reqest you to kindly look in to the matter and change our tvset imdgitly in good faith.
                  Otherwise we shall take the further step's and file a case against you in consumer forum (court) for chitting, harrashing & westing our time & also giving mental harrashment to OUR MARATHI fammily.
                  Please look in to matter seriously and doo the needfull.
                  Thanking you,
                  MR. SANJAY D SHRINGARPURE

Praveen Rathor
                    I have purchased Akai Colour TV on 02/06/2008 from M/S Thukral Centre (P) Ltd., Add- B-39 A, Hans Raj Sethi Marg, Kalkaji New Delhi 110009, Vide Bill No. 7858, the Picture Tube of this TV has been replaced 2 (Two) times with in a year. last complane no. is DEL-[protected], AKAI authorised complane centre his service very poor as he replaced the picture tube of this TV at there service centre insted of at my home under warranty period the warranty of picture tube is 3 years it seems that the picture tube will be replaced many times in the warranty period after warranty there is no gauranty the product to work satisfactory becauce the quality of product is very poor, please take nessecery action against M/S AKAI, to return the cost of product to me and maintain the standrad norms for quality so that customer not be worried about the purchased item.

thanking you

M. No. [protected]

Akai Television — Absolutely Fraud Company [Resolved]

asheesh agrawal
                      Hello Sir/Mam,
                      I bought a AKAI television set in october 2007 model- Akai Sumo C2202 53", at the time of purchasing...

AMITSHARMA
                      I have purchased one color television of following specification
                      Dealer:PARAMOUNT RADIO CO. SHOP NO S-49, MAIN MARKET GANDHIDHAM KUTCH GUJARAT
                      Bill to: Mrs SARAWATIBEN SHARMA
                      Make: Akai
                      Model No: CTV29FFWTG,[protected]
                      Cost: Rs. 16500/-
                      Date of Purchase: 22.01.2007

DEAR SIR,

I HAD MADE THE COMPLAINT THE DEALER MANY OF THE TIMES THAT MY T.V IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY AND IT WAS IN WARRANTY PERIOD, THE PERSON FROM AKAI SERVICE CENTRE HAD CAME TO MY HOUSE 3 TIMES BUT THE SAME PROBLEM OCCURED WITHIN 4 MONTHS AND NOW DEALER IS SAYING THAT HE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE, AND PERSON FROM SERVICE CENTER IS ASKING FOR THE CHARGES FOR REPAIR AS WARRANTY PERIOD IS EXPIRED, BUT I WAS COMPLAINING THEM FROM THE 6 MONTHS OF MY PURCHASE BUT THE DIDNT CURED MY PROBLEM, AND NOW MY TV IS WITH THE DEALER SINCE 3 MONTHS, I WANT YOU TO REPLACE MY T.V AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,
                      I HAD ALSO COMPLAINED AT RAJKOT AND AHEMDABAD SERVICE CENTER BUT THEY ARE ALSO NOT RESPONDING ME. I M NOW FRUSTATED BY THEM SO PLS YOU REPLY ME SOON.
                      MY EMAIL ID IS [protected]@YAHOO.COM
                      AND MY CELL NO IS : [protected].
                      THNKING YOU

AMIT SHARMA.

Shahnawaz
                        Resoected Sir,
                        I purchased a AKAI TV on Nov.2008. But after one month when I Swiched Off TV there is point arrive in Centre on my TV. I complain to reatiler about the problem but they said that don't worry about it. I said that can any problem arrive in future they said that no problem arrived in future.But also I said that you take some extra money and exchange my this TV.But they are not agree.

Please Read my apllication carefully and do the needful as soon as possible and also provide your Contact No.

Thanking You,

Yours Truly, We Remains

Shahnawaz A. Shaikh
                        (Mob: - [protected])
                        hello to consumers,
                        i have purchased akai 29'' flat screen tv in nov'08. after 3 months suddenly tv stopped functioning. i lodged complaint, within 2 days service center executive arrived and tested the tv n said problem with ic. asked me to bring the tv to the service centre i agreed then after 4 days when i brought the tv back home within 1 hr problem continued immediately i informed they said within 1 day it will be solved but after 8 days they came and said it problem with pcb then after 8 days they said problem with picture tube...n asked me to bring the tv to their center once again. now 1st. the service executive dont know what is the exact problem.
                        2nd. how is the akai company giving the permission to such centers where they dont have enough man power and shortage of skilled persons.

It is the worst service provider of tv. (Venus electronics, bowenpally, hyd)
                        akai tv worst in quality.

We have purchased the AKAI TV - 21 inch in size - CT2210 W on the month of Nov 08 .
                        Based on that we have received new TV after continous follow ups.
                        But second piece of the TV is also having the same problem and now the freqency of the same is increased too much. We have called the engineer from service station to solve the problem but he could not. Now he telling that this is not a problem.
                        Requesting you to take corrective action and solve the problem.

Jayesh Naik
                        Mobile - [protected]

I have purchased the AKAI TV - 21 inch in size - CT2210 W on the 5th of May 08 .
                        We had faced problem of distorted images intermittently and hence we ask for rectification or replacement of the subject TV.(the TV is still in warranty)
                        Based on that we have received new TV(serial no[protected] after continous follow ups.
                        But second piece of the TV is also having the same problem and now the freqency of the same is increased too much. We have called the engineer from service station to solve the problem but he could not solve the same.
                        Requesting you to take corrective action and solve the problem.

Dinesh Naik
                        Mobile - [protected]

Complainant1797511
                          I purchased a DVD player, Mode No. DXF-8014, from M/s Mahavir Electronics, 10 Jayanti Market, MI Road, Jaipur vide Bill No.38083 dated 30.5.08. Some technical snag has been developed under guarantee period and to get it rectified I handed over the above DVD player with its remote to M/s A.D.Electronics, Ashok Marg, Ahimsa Circle, Jaipur and it is under Job No. 193 dated 6.9.08. Sr. BoAK[protected]. Condition of the set is "No disk & RMT prob. The same is still lying with them and the fault is still unrectified. There is no proper response from the service centre. In this situation I am feeling harrassment because after lapse of 3-4 months period nothing is being done by them despite regular pursuance. Kindly look into the matter and get the fault rectified at the earliest possible.
                          Yours, K.L.Sharma, 119/87 Agarwal Farm, Mansarovar, Jaipur (Raj.)
                          Ph. No.[protected] Mob.[protected]

Akai — MUSIC SYSTEM NOT WORKING FROM DATE OF PURCHASE [Resolved]

vipin chaturvedi

I have purchase one Akai make DVD player & Music System as on 28/9/08 from Raju Electronics...

AMIT SHARMA
                            DEAR SIR,

I MR.AMIT SHARMA FROM GANDHIDHAM (KUTCH), I HAVE COMPLAINED TO AUTHORISED DEALER OF YOUR COMPANY THAT MY TELEVISION 29" SUMO T V SPEAKERS ARE NOT WORKING PROPERLY. AND I HAVE COMPLAINED HIM REPEATEDLY OBOUT THE PROBLEM OF THE TELEVISION, SINCE ONE N A HALF YEAR I M COMPLANING AND NOW MY WARRNTY PERIOD, IS ALSO EXPIRED AND NOW THEY ANE NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP OUT IN SORTING OUT THE PROBLEM, AWATING FOR UR REPLY
                            AMIT SHARMA