Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd
2.5

Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd Complaints & Reviews

Dear Sir/ Ma’am,
I would like to lodge strong protest regarding your sales and service. I had put online complain on dated 9thDecember2009. And the complain number is 969290. Next day, the executive came to my place and advised me to replace the PCB. It’s been one and half months, none has visited and replacement is yet to be done. I been constantly contacting call centre-[protected] and spoke to (team lead-Ms. Shilpa) and then she connected me to Service centre at Kothud (Mr. Manoj). I am being promised certain date and the result is same, till date no one has visited. Is this the way, you provide services to the customer. I cannot believe on such poor responses from service centre, while my washing machine has idle for almost two months and all the difficulties I am facing due to this.
I bought the product for its name and thinking immediate service would be provided if something went wrong. After this experience, I would never buy or advise someone to buy a Godrej product.
If my complain is not been met by you then next step will be to complain at consumer court.

Best regards
oh!! Godrej... i suppose you are from pune... i have faced *exactly* same problem.

took oath not to buy a "godrej" appliance.

my godrej washing machine problem was fixed after i have escalated to their Service head Mr Ravi Bhatt.

pls see Godrej heirarchy and put a mail, some one will look inot it.

Dated Oct 1st, 2009

Department of Consumer Affairs,
    Govt.of India.
    P.O. Box No 3306, New Delhi 110014

SUB: Complaint of Godrej Chairs Model PCH 9002/ Supply of
    Defective piece from date of Purchase.

We purchased two chairs model PCH 9002 (Navy Blue) reference Code 29378 delivered on Nov 27 2008. Both the chairs have not been working properly since the date of purchase. The same remarks were mentioned in delivery note also. I complained no. of times to M/s Godrej Co. & on my repeated requests their engineer has replaced the mechanism of both the chairs. I found that the mechanism of one chair is still not working and second one was bended from left Side. At last the company Senior Technician visited on DT 3/8/09 & 6/8/09 and he repaired the new mechanism of the chair with he best efforts. The same was acknowledged by me with words “Under observations” not OK as mentioned in email of the company (Copy enclosed). After few days the mechanism of the chair creates the same problem. Than I complained on Toll free no [protected] vide complaints No. 521462 DT 26/8/09, 521462 dated 7/9/09 & 521560 dated 15/09/2009, 18/09/2009 & 24/09/2009 to Ms. INDU but till date, nobody has attended the complaint. Now they have refused to take the complaint.

The above chairs are under warranty and they are trying to pass the warranty period. It is very surprising and shocking that a Company like Godrej is playing
    With the money of their valuable Customers by selling defective product. It is only harassment, Waste of time, and compelled their customers to make unnecessary Correspondence & disturb the peace of mind.

In view of the above, I request you to please intervene in the matter and instruct
    the company to replace with new chair. An early action will be highly appreciated.

Thanking You,

Yours sincerely

For MITTAL INVESTMENT & COMPANY

Encls: Copy of our emails & replies enclosed for your ready reference.

[protected][protected]Annexure of emails & Replies[protected][protected][protected]

--- On Fri, 21/8/09, sanjay mittal <[protected]@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

From: sanjay mittal <[protected]@yahoo.co.in>
    Subject: Re: Fw: Reminder of "Complaint of Godrej Chairs", Date:14-05-09, Reference Code:29378
    To: "Manpreet" <[protected]@godrej.com>
    Date: Friday, 21 August, 2009, 5:25 PM

Sir ,

I purchased 2 chairs ModelPCH 9002(navy blue) on Oct 2008. The mechanism of both the chairs replaced by your engineers with a difference of 15 days. But the mechanism of one chair is repaired by your engineer after replacing the mechanism with new one.Mechanism of one of the chair is free (not working) till date.

Kindly replaced the chair as your engineer make best efforts to repair the chair ones through replaced the mechanism secondtime by repairing the mechanism.

Hence the mechanism of one chair is also free.

sanjay mittal <[protected]@yahoo.co.in>
    Subject: Fw: Re: FW: Reminder of "Complaint of Godrej Chairs", Date:14-05-09, Reference Code:29378
    To: Manpreet" <[protected]@godrej.com">
    Date: Thursday, 30 July, 2009, 7:52 PM

Sir ,

The company replaced the mechanism of both the chairs in the difference of 15 days but the mechanism , which was replaced after 15 days ,the mechanism of that chair is not working.

I personally infomed to Shri Himanshu regarding the problem of the chair.He sent the same engineer who replaced the mechanism of the chair & taken back the defective one.

I personally feel your engineer repaired the same mechanism & replace with the mechanism of other chair.

I again asked Shri Himanshu to kindly replace the mechanism of the defective chair but all in vain .

Mr Himansu asked me about the defective mechanism. I informed all replaced defective mechanism pick up by your engineer.Mr Himanshu told me he can not take the defective mechanism.

When I used the chair ,it automatically moves on back side by using some sound as I noticed before change of mechanism of my first chair.

Kindly look into the matter personally & do the needful to avoid inconvienience to your customer.

Sanjay Mittal
    mechanism.......................................................................... mechanism of the second chair is not working . The concerned engineer have repaired the mechanism of the first chair
    --- On Sun, 7/6/09, sanjay mittal <[protected]@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

From: sanjay mittal <[protected]@yahoo.co.in>
    Subject: Re: FW: Reminder of "Complaint of Godrej Chairs", Date:14-05-09, Reference Code:29378
    To: "Manpreet" <[protected]@godrej.com>
    Date: Sunday, 7 June, 2009, 11:35 AM

With reference to your reply through mail dated 5/6/2009 regarding complaint
    of chairs .

You are requested to please replaced the mechanism of both the chairs and
    remove the fault in one chair which is bended from left side on immediate basis.

On Fri, 5/6/09, Manpreet <[protected]@godrej.com> wrote:

From: Manpreet <[protected]@godrej.com>
    Subject: FW: Reminder of "Complaint of Godrej Chairs", Date:14-05-09, Reference Code:29378
    To: [protected]@yahoo.co.in
    Cc: "'Himanshu Sawhney'" <[protected]@godrej.com>, [protected]@godrej.com
    Date: Friday, 5 June, 2009, 6:21 PM

Dear Mr. Mittal,

This is regarding your complaint of chair, for which just to update, Himanshu had earlier sent the technical person for addressing the requirement by way of replacement of the mechanism however it was I suppose refused from your side maybe due to come communication gap.

Further, the supplied chair like any other Godrej chair is a knock down product which is a combination of different components put together thereby making it a complete chair & in case any individual component is not performing to it’s desired level then the that particular component can be replaced in order to make it functional as per desired expectations.

Now, under the present state, we would again request you to allow us for replacement of the mechanism of the supplied & installed chair which you have been using, with a new mechanism so that it can be made fully functional as per your requirement. Infact, the required is available in our stock & can be immediately replaced.

Infact, at Godrej we value customer interests & our policy also motivates towards that particular goal only.

We look forward to meet the service requirement.

Manpreet Singh.

----- Original Message -----

From: [protected]@yahoo.co.in

To: [protected]@godrej.com

Cc: [protected]@godrej.com

Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 12:17 PM

Subject: Reminder of "Complaint of Godrej Chairs", Date:14-05-09, Reference Code:29378

Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd — GODREJ CHAIRS

We have purchased Godrej Chairs, from the date of purchasing, We are facing problem, same has been inform to the Company, they side its minor problem & it will not affect us, but later when the problem came, again we complained. Now the Company is saying that chairs are out of the warranty period and in use for more than 2 years & regret to inform you that we will not be able to give free replacement of spares. However, the same can be repaired/rectified/replaced on chargeable basis as per the policy of the company

The Company has totally cheated us

godrej & bouce mfg. co. ltd — replacement of chair

i purcheased 2 revolving chair and 8 simple chair invoice no . 871/14003443 on dated 12-05-09.
    but there is a complain in revolving chair, company distributer told me that he replace both chair but till he he does not replace the chair.

Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd — Defect in Product

Refrigerator door got oxidised (jung) , service engineer reported that it will be replaced as its warranty is of 10 years.
    4 Months has passed but no one turned up.
    i have with godrej &boyce mfg co ltd for 18 years, their furniture product is really horrible. one thing i must say that have very good selling skill inspite of poor quality design and substandard material. i can challenge in godrej even today abour substandard quality. JASVINDER SINGH ex godrej delhi

Godrej & Boyce Manufacturing Company Limited — defective furniture

I had bought it from the following address

Company Owned, Company Operated

Mr. Vikas Dadichi - Excellency Trade Square, 1st Floor,Plot No.8,Govind Marg,Adarsh Nagar,Raja Park,

Jaipur

Challan No. 274428

Tax invoice date:[protected]

Amount Item 1 --- 24411.39

Item 2 --- 7650.03

The item 1 is defective. I have given more than 20 days to your people to fix the problembut nothing tangible has been done till now. I am extremely dissatisfied with the product and the attitude of your people.

I want you to take back your faulty furniture asap and return my money.

This is my final request to your company. If you do not respond then you will be hearing from my lawyer.

Yours,