[Resolved]  Indian Rail — excess fare

Here I am describing my complaint which is as under:

I had to go to Lucknow from Delhi on 18- Sep- 09. Since confirmed tickets were not availabel to Lucknow ,therefore I had got reservation up to Kanpur in Shram Shakti express. I had traveled in Shram Shakti express upto Kanpur and then I purchased general ticket for local tarin of Rs.12/- which wsa up to Lucknow. But unfortunately I slept in train and when I got up, the train was on Badsah Nagar Station.I left the train at Badshah Nagar Station to come back to Lucknow station. The fare of Kanpur to Badshah Nagar Station was Rs.14/-.Thus extra fare was Rs.2/-only.TC had demanded Rs.50/- and didn't ready to give us any receipt for that. I did not agree to pay Rs.50 without receipt. I requesed him to show me the rule of extra fare. But he behaved very rudely and told me that its not my duty to show you rule book.if you want to see rule book go to DRM office and see there. I was ready to pay any amount but only after getting receipt of that amount. Ultimately TC agreed to give receipt and charged me of Rs.252/-(2 excess fare+250 penalty). I want to know that the charged amount is as per rule or not? If not then how can i get the amount.Is there any rule to punish the TC.

Indian Railways Phone