Indian Railways — Inadequate security provided in Train

T. Sita devi
Was traveling in Tata Nagar- Yeshwantpur train from Jamshedpur to Bangalore on 5-Oct-2007 and lost our luggage. Due to inadequate of TTE and security personnel, I lost my valuables and luggage between 11 PM and 3 AM in the morning. From 3AM in the morning we tried to lodge a complaint to the TTE, but in vain. And in Raigada, The station superintendent refused to take any action. After a long struggle, the only TTE (searching him was quite an experience, was found in AC compartment) in the train finally gave up and agreed to give the complaint form at 8 AM in the morning. Does this mean security and all other features are only applicable to AC passengers and not to the other class passengers? And in fact the gang very intelligently robbed every alternate bogie. There were 4 other passengers who also lost the luggage at the same time. The TTE acknowledged that this happens quite often. Wonder why no action has been take care till now. The GRP and the RPF didn't take any action also. Please let us know how we can take this forward.

Comments

My god, a proper subhuman rail service... Everybody should start boycotting trains in India!!!
No security on Passenger and their luggage in Indian Trains.

I was travelling from New Delhi to Pune in train no. 1078 on 2nd of Dec 2008 with my family. For safety reasons my wife and mother kept all jewelry in Suitcase. Total gold was approx. 150 gram and Silver approx. 200-300 grams.

We slept at night some what around 21:30 on 2nd of Dec and wake up at 07:00 on 3rd of Dec. When we reached pune on 3rd of Dec and opened the suitcase, we found that the valuables i.e. the gold and silver was missing from the suitcase.

Since i don't know how to and where to lodge the complaint, i wrote a mail to the RPF and waiting for their reply.
This is the incident happened to me. This reflects that how secure are our Indian trains.

Last 30 th April 2009 evening 4 to 4.30pm in secondrabad railway station my bag was theft by somebody.
Chennai to Hydrabad Express Train No 2603, coach No S 6, Seat No 9.
Regarding this i have given complaint to the concern railway police station evening @ 7pm.

Details are given below;

Nevy blue colour bag with Office money Amt 24, 800/-, my family reation card, house keys, and other things.

My Name : E.Dhamodaran
Age: 43 years
Address for communication : No 3, Pallvan 6th cross street, Cholan nagar, Thirumullaivoil, chennai - 600109.
C ontact phone No :[protected], and [protected].

Kindly take the action on my complaint and let me know the status.

Please do the needful sir, iam looking forward for your reply.

Yours Truly,