[Resolved] Maruti Alto Lxi — Servicing
DDr Surajit Sengupta
This is to inform you that I went to one of Maruti Dealer Workshop, Mohan Motor Udyog (0606-1) at Arupota, E M Bye Pass, Kolkata 700105 on 11.02.10 with minor accident marks in my car ALTO LXI no. WB 12B 2407. I was advised not to go for insurance claim but get it repaired by own money. I refused to do that.
Further, the service advisor told me to go for servicing of car as it ran almost 5000 km after 3rd free service in 9029 km (total exactly 14065 km and 1yr 10 months). So I went for paid service and he provided me with following services for Rs 1507/-. (Cash memo no BC09014060, Job card no JC09014011, dated 11.02.10 with customer Id 10801/5118)
1. Engine oil change,
2. Oil filter change,
3. Gasket, cylinder head cover chnge
4. Wheel alignment,
5. Break cleaning.
Then I noticed that,
(1) In the owners manual and service booklet, 1st paid service has mentioned in 20000 km /2 years after 3rd free service in 10000 km/ 1 yr. If servicing is required in between as advised me, why it is not mentioned there.
(2) After each service there is a provision for noting the details in the service booklet. But in this case, it has not been noted. May I conclude that the servicing was not required and that is why it is not recorded?
(3) This is the first time; no feedback (either verbal or written) was taken after the service by the workshop or Maruti. What is the reason behind it?
(4) The wheel balancing in 1st paid service should be free as mentioned in the Annual Maintenance Form, but I paid for that.
(5) I had a free service (not free washing) coupon from insurance company but only free washing is provided in that coupon. Why it is not clearly mentioned in the coupon regarding the services, which are free?
(6) I heard that the workshop arranges free checkup or service camps but I was not called or even informed any time.
Therefore, I have some doubts regarding the services I received. I used to go to said dealers workshop only, for servicing and in all the problems. I shall be obliged if you can clarify my doubts at your earliest.
Dr Surajit Sengupta,
B 176, B E College Campus,
Howrah- 711 103
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 14, 2020