Ortel Communications, Orissa — Illegal Theft of download limit even though i did not log in for 15 days
- I did not use internet services from 17th-31st Dec 2009.Yet my entire remaining download limit of around 600mb for the month of De 2009 was shown as used up by the ortel website.
- I did not use internet services on 16th and 17th Jan 2010 being out of town and my connection being a modem-based i obviously can not carry it around.
Yet ortelcom.com website listed 118mb of download against 16th jan 2010 and 269mb of download against 17th Jan 2010.
- No net service available from 12pm - 6pm and 11pm - 6 am.This is a daily feature.
- We were not given the starter-kit when we took the connection in August2008.After 3 repeated complaints of this illegal theft of download limit,did a person turn up in July 2009 who informed us about the starter-kit for which we did many rounds of the Ortel branch office at cuttack and are yet to receive it.
- That person also informed we could have two concurrent connections with our modem.But everytime we would connect my laptop when the net was already connected through my desktop,the net would get disconnected and then for another half-an-hour we would not be able to reconnect.
- Very rude customer service personnel.
- Insider information about no Firewall installed on the servers of Ortel.No trained technical and hardware staff.
Overall conclusion : Certainly not worth the money spent.being owned by a sitting MP who is obviously using his influence to not allow competitors like Airtel to enter the Orissan internet and Braodband market space.Its a disillusionary service.