[Resolved] ICICI Prudential Life Insurance — False representation by marketing agent-elite 2

Mumbai, Mumbai City District, Maharashtra, India
 Harsh Dharnidharka
My dad had recently visited nearest icici branch to create an FD. While processing this request, bank employee made him met with a Marketing agent of ICICI Pru Life insurance for an alternative investment scheme.

The Marketing agent explained most of the benefits to dad but did not communicate any of the yearly fixed expense he would be incurring if he choose this investment scheme.

To our surprise, when we received our original policy document we came to know that out of Rs 3lacks which we have paid Rs17000 has been deducted as expense and the balance i.e Rs 2, 83, 000 has been invested in mutual fund.

Also my dad was being told that the free look up period will be 1 year where as in reality it is 15 days from the date of receipt of policy.

The whole fraud is on account of false representation by the marketing agent who did not disclose the expense. Had that expense been disclosed to us at that point of time, we would have definitely not taken the policy.
Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 13, 2017

[Jan 07, 2017] ICICI Prudential Life Insurance customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Customer Care's response, Jan 13, 2017
Dear Harsh,

We regret the inconvenience caused. Please share your contact/policy details for us to assist you with your concern.

www.iciciprulife.com

Comments

You can cancel the policy in free-look period of 15 days from receiving the policy documents. Sorry to comment this now but I read this today.

I was also sold a policy falsely on Dec 22. It was ICICI Pru Elite Wealth II. Even I was not told about any of the charges and neither about free-look period. I think it is ICICI Pru's deliberate scam that no customer will be told about the charges and these sick policies will be sold falsely by hiding charges.

But thanks to IRDAI for being a regulator. They had to provide 15 days free look period. Thankfully I canceled the policy and got my refund. Wish you could get your refund too. Sorry to hear about your incident.

Note: Beware of bank employees, they don't think of your benefits. They only think of their commissions and foreign trips. If you want to invest your money, ask some investment advisors. Or search on internet.
Sir i having a life insurance policy no 18268847 since Dec 2014.
i am paying renewals through my SBI credit card auto payment. i also paid the year 2016 renewal on 09/12/2016.But i did not received the receipt of this renewal. So please send receipt to my mail id.

Dear Mr. Srinivasa,

We have made a note of the details. Our official will get in touch with you.

ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Customer Care's response, Feb 16, 2017

Mr. Srinivasa,

We understand that our representative has contacted you and assisted you with your concern.

www.iciciprulife.com
Mobile no shown on following detailed no
is [protected] is wrong. Please correct the no as [protected].
Policy Details are as below.
Policy plan smartkid

Policy No.11792841 in the name of Mr.Moirangthem Bolen Kumar.

Please correct my mobile no.as[protected]& e-mail I'd as
[email protected]

Dear Mr. Bolenkumar,

We have made a note of the details. Our official will get in touch with you.

ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Customer Care's response, Mar 2, 2017

Dear Mr. Bolenkumar,

Hi team
i am RAYEES AHMAD MAGRAY was a part of the organization icici prulife in[protected] and my EMP ID is 568527 ...please guide me how can i get my PF...it is urgent..
regards
RAYEES AHMAD MAGRAY
EMP ID..568527
MOB.[protected]
MAIL:- [email protected]

Dear Mr. Rayees,

We have made a note of the details. Our team will get in touch with you.

ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Customer Care's response, Feb 8, 2017

Dear Rayees,

We tried contacting you on the number you have provided but couldn't get through. We have send an email communication providing the PF withdrawal procedure and necessary forms on your mentioned email id.

ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Customer Care's response, Feb 16, 2017

Dear Mr. Rayees,

www.iciciprulife.com

1089, ICICI Prudential Life Tower, Appasaheb Marathe Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400025
    ICICI Prudential Life Insurance - False representation by marketing agent-elite 2