Passport Office Chennai

Fri 12:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sat 12:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sun 12:00 am - 12:00 pm

Passport Office Chennai Complaints & Reviews

I had registered to renew my passport on 29-DEC-2009,File No.C046312 at Regional Passport Office, Chennai.So far I haven`t received my passport kindly expedite my passport as early as possible. I am planning to visit my son in the month of April, who is in USA.

I am R.Hithendra kumar, has submitted my passport on 23.04.2010, My File no.H008118,
Key No.[protected]

I gone through the web site it doesnt appears the file no. it shows the status none

Applied for PCC, here in status of information recevied by Villupuram-Town police and dispatched on 18.05.2010 to chennai, I had went to chennai on 20.05.2010 and they said it will be dispached on 25.05.2010.
Till date i didn't recevie my passport.

Your immediate action is highly appreciated.

With Best Regards,
Hithendra kumar

I had applied for my Son's passport reissue (File: F007568) on 21-Apr-2010. It is a reissue and PVR exempted case. And i was told that despatch date is 5-May-2010 but i have not received it still.

I had applied for my passport reissue (File: C016735) on 6-May-2010. It is a reissue and PVR exempted case. And i was told that i will get it in 3 weeks but i have not received it still.

I have got a oppurtunity to go to US for my work. Can you please expedite the processing?

Thanks.
Bhargavi
Hello sir,
I K.Parthipan has submitted my passport file no:z553896
my mom applied for her passport in nov.stil she has not got it, when she went to the RPO, the PA to manager told that its dispatched and will reach us within 2days but we are still waiting...we do not know if the delay is because we applied though and agent and she has held it back.
please tell me what should we do..
i need it urgently
I had registered to renew my passport on[protected], File No.C00830411 at Regional Passport Office, Chennai.So far I haven`t received my passport kindly expedite my passport as early as possible. I am planning to go my relative marriage on Aug 2011.
Hi... ! This is Logesh i have applied in the sense before 4 mnth ago my file reference no is 24042111, even police enquiry as been over so far i didnt receive my passport can u help me, , , , actually i applied in krishnagiri...

I had applied for new passport for my daughter on 2nd March, 2009 and recieved the receipt file No:003919, Key No: [protected] on the same day at 3.36pm. The lady staff at counter G who issued it told me to collect the passport on 5th March at 4.30 pm and wrote C/ 5/3 at the back of the receipt.

I returned on 5th March at 4pm and was asked to wait in the que by the security. the que started moving by 4.40pm. when i reached the counter the male staff told me i will get it only by 5pm. when i siad i was asked to come at 4.30 he rudle said nobody would have done so.

At 5pm when i approached i aws told to wait as he will caqll out by name. When everybody else got and left i approached again and was told to go into the office and enquire in tatkal section. Tatkal section lady staff was very angry that i had not approached her in the first instance. the checked and said it had been dspatched by post already. I am a doctor,I took permission spend two hours in passport office for nothing. And tomorow i have to take off to wait at home to receive the passport. It is a shame that the communication is so pathetic between the staff and disorganised in the passport office. I wish somebody takes some action to prevent such irresponsible behaviour.

Respected sir,

I would like to bring at your kind notice that I have applied for the passport on 25th Feb 2008 from the Regional Passport Office, Chennai and my file refrence no. is A009952.
      I am a resident o[censored]ttar Pradesh and had gone to Chennai for pursuing my B.Tech Degree in 2004. I got the campus selection in L&T Infotech company in 2007. The company asked me to get a passport before joining and I have applied for the same from Chennai while studying there in my last semester in 2008 . Our joining was postponed due to the recession in the market.Now on 23rd of Feb 2010 I got the joining at Mysore in the company, and they are asking for my passport within 15 days. But I am unable to do that because of the Passport Office's irresponsibility. I had given two complaints to the Chennai RPO through mail and post office,but invain. Again, whenever I went to Chennai I have met with the officers there and they asked me to submit the documents needed for issuing passport. As per the instructions given by RPO, Chennai I had submitted all the documents there. I would like to mention the documents clearly here too-

i) Ration card Xerox o[censored]ttar Pradesh
      ii)Driving licence issued from Uttar Pradesh
      iii)Residential certificate issued by Tehsil , from Uttar Pradesh
      iv)Ration card of the house owner where I was residing during my college days including the Temporary address certificate issued by the college.
      v)My college ID xerox etc.
      But till now the same status of having deficiency in the documents submitted on the internet enquiry site of RPO, Chennai is displaying. My Police verification from Chennai is over in the Chennai itself in 2008 April or May month. Now the documents were perhaps sent to Luckow RPO for enquiry to my permanent address and I think there the problem started as they have not given the proper response. Because at my permanent address I have not been to the Police verification and why it has not been done I don't know. Well all this is my idea but I am sorry to say this whole proces should be verified by the department itself and I should be issued the passport. I am writing this mail to you with a great hope. I think you can understand the depth of the problem and help me in this critical situation. As of now I am in my probation period in the company and have no time to go to Chennai.
      So if its possible to send the passport at my permanent address i.e within 15 days, please send it there or else just send at the address mentioned in the application, I will try to manage.
      With regards,
      Ghazipur,
      Uttar Pradesh
      PIN-233001

Regional Passport Office,Chennai — Inordinate Delay in issueing Passport

I am Ravichandran. I have applied for passport online and submitted all the necessary documents verified on 6-8-2008. File No. P102524.Police Verification has been called for during December after a lapse of four months.It was cleared by 12th December and Report has been sent by speedpost to RPO Chennai. I approached enquiry counter of Chennai RPO. They told the police verification report has been pending with local police.I was not allowed to tell anything pertaining verification report despatch. then I returned to local police station and got all the evidences regarding despatch of verification report. I went to enquiry counter of RPO Chennai again on[protected] with a written complaint. They asked me to verify with thapaal section, where they confirmed receipt of Verification Report 0n 16th Dec 2009 by verifying their office register and asked me to meet the APO Chennai. I met APO, and she assured me early despatch of Passort.But even after lapse of a month and more I have'nt received any communication. Do anyone guide me what I have to do further. Can I appeal through RTI?
      i am manikandan i have applied in passport last three months pls give the status enquiry z602919
      THIS IS MY PASSPORT NUMBER MASH01919610 I WAS APPLY THE IMMERIGATION FORM LAST MONTH .I WILL NOT RECEIVE PASSPORT NOWADAYS PLEASE SEND OUR PASSPORT AS EARLEAR AND SOON AS POSSIBLE THANK YOU

I am Barthipan i have applied in passport last four month please give the statues enquiry my file no: z553896

I have applied for passport on 14-August-2009. Police verification completed on the October month. there after no news on my passport. I don't know where to complain about this. please help me to get my passport as soon as possible.

My File no : MASW12256009

really appreciate your support.

thanks

Dinesh
        Hi All,

I have applied for new passport on 24/05/2010, police verification also done on 01/07/2010. since there was no update on my passport . pls confirm the status passport on priority basis

Details

Arunkumar E

[protected]@rediffmail.com

[protected].

Dear sir/Madam,

I applied for passport to Chennai regional office by February, 2008.My police verification was over by June,2008.I have not received my passport yet.When I asked in Chennai rpo on[protected],they said it was only process delay(19 months!) and I could receive my passport within 20 days.But I have not received yet.Please help me in this issue.I want to have passport by this month(december).My file number is MAS W[protected].My date of birth is[protected].
          Yours truly,
          Malathi.

I haven't received my passport. I contacted the REGIONAL PASSPORT OFFICE, CHENNAI.
            They told me to apply afresh paying the money again, as the status is FILE IS CLOSED.
            They are not giving any reasons for the closure of file,
            I checked the status online some days back, it said police records are clear, it is in processing, but current status is file closed. On what basis my file was closed, which is just 4 months old. I need to get my passport at the earliest.

FILE NO: Z000935
            place: chennai

My mother applied for renewal of her passport in June 2009-the police verification is over -its October now and we haven't recieved the passport yet.
              hello Sir/Mam

i have submitted my documents correctly to receive the passport on 9/4/2009
              the police verification has been done.but still i have not received my passport.
              my file ref no Z152465
              Key no [protected]
              DD no 415602 (dd taken on 3/3/09)
              Date : 03/10/2009
              I have Applied for passport on April 23 2009 . My police verification was over by june month . My Online Application Status Changed to Police Report is clear and Your Application is under Process in September month . But Still i did not receive my passport and status is not changed . My Application no is : B012686/09. Now i got a on site chance in my company . I am afraid of missing it since i am not having passport . Kindly help me get it the earliest .
              I had applied for Passports for my wife and Daughter in July 09. My Wife's Passport was thro and we got the same in mid Oct 09. My Daughter's application was held up for want of Clarifications and a letter was received from Pass Port Office to this effect on 21.10.09. I went to the Passport office in Chennai on 22.10.09 and met the Asst.Passport Officer and submitted the necessary clarifcations/Docs. Today I have received my daughter's Passport also.

I would like to place on record the efficient and fast service rendered by the RPO chennai. I am sure if the aggreived meets the correct person in RPO thier Problems will be solved.
              Sir
              I haven’t received the passport [re issue/renewal] till this date, [more than 80 days] and the details are as follows…

Name of the Applicant : A.Saravanan
              File No : C033068
              Key No : [protected]
              Date of submission : 14.09.2009.
              We (myself and my wife aplied for renewal of passports on[protected] at R.P.O. chennai.While applying we were told that we will be getting the passport with in 2 months. But while i went to passport office i was told that it will take more than 4months.If it was so i should have applied in Thakkal scheme.
              But i have received a S.M.S. on 28th of October from R.P.O. Madras that my passport No 3085010is granted and passportpreparation under way.Itis more than12 days ihave not yet received the passport.
              Regarding my wife's pasport(S.Janaki) nothing is known.Being a senior citizen we are unable to go and stand in the "Q" for morethan 2 hours for getting the status.My wife's application file No is Masco 3085110.
              KIndlt inform me the correct status of our application.As we both have to go to Mumbai on[protected] for afunction and will be back only on[protected].We affraid that during our absence we may get the passports.KIndly arrange to send tha passport before[protected],
              Thanking you, .
              N>Sankaranarayanan

File No. F009966 / 09 Name: Yovan Thiyagarajan Date of Birth :12/08/2008

I have applied for passport to my...

I applied my renewal applicaiton on 30/12/2008 kind of nine months back. I've visited 12 times to the passport office, every time minimum an hour of standing in the queue. Chased with the Police in the P/S for address verification. And as of today, its all back to square, the status is not changed yet and I didn't receieve my passport yet.

Its kind of height of frustration and most rediculas part is there is absolutely nothing specific identified by the APO that should cause this much of delay

Passport Office - Chennai — Delay in renewal of Passport

I had applied for renewal of passport (Ref no - C040502 / 09 - Normal mode and not takkal) in the month of October 2009 in Regional Passport Office, Chennai. The police verification happened in November 2009. After that, till March 2010 nothing had happened and I went to passport office and asked for the delay. They told that the police reports have not reached. Then I approached the police department and they said, due to their problem in uploading the documents, the documents have not reached the passport office. After that, based on my request, they uploaded the documents and the status in the 'status page' got changed to 'Police report is clear. Application under processing'. It was in the month of May 2010. Since then, the status have not changed a bit, also the status page was last updated on '3rd June 2010'. Its going to be almost 9 months since I applied for renewal and already I am frustrated with the delay/service of passport office, Chennai. Kindly do the needful.

Samuel Christopher

I have applied for spouse name add and address change for my passport on June 16th.Please let me know the status of my passport as soon as possible.
                  To apply passport for my kid, I need my passport.
                  The File reference number is :H007197.
                  Passport number is :F4440065.
                  Name :Preetha Chandran
                  Bate of Birth :[protected]

I have lot of mail to chennai RPO and tried to call hel desk of chennai, but i didnt get any response
                  And if i see the status in website, its showing in coreected file.
                  please help me to get my passport back or atleast i need to know the status of my passport

Thanks in advance
                  PREETHA CHANDRAN

I am an applicant for renewal of my PP on and from 13/2/08, with File No.V-001096/08, with Chennai Regional Passport Office.
                    The RPO would not do anything till I pushed them, that too only to put road-blocks. No doubt my case had a complication as I used a 1998-issued Passport from Mumbaai RPO, with my then Mumbaai resident address but with all other details identical to the earlier one I had used from 1981 till 1998, from Hyderabad, thro' Libyaa, Kenyaa, Ethiopia, to KSA(Kingdom of Saudi Arabia), that was still valid till 2001. I was fated to do so to beat KSA's injustice to me in 1998, while on my 1st aborted visit there, when I had to get out soon after landing, with the help of Indian embassy, Riyaadh.And I was foolish and innocent to go to Chennai RPO to renew my[protected] Mumbaai-issued Passport of mine.
                    After my steadfast struggle for Truth, Chennai RPO had to issue a 'lenient view' in my case in April, '09, but with a rider that irked me. It was perhaps a ploy to push me to the parallel illegal RPO, that was then functioning according to CBI's later April, '09 finding.
                    The rider to Chennai RPO's "lenient view" in my case said that my file had been unilaterally closed, and I had to open a new file to get a Passport. When an old file had taken them 14 months to give out such a rider, they must have perhaps tried to indicate to me by this rider that I better go to parallel illegal RPO.
                    My this case is shown as MAS/POL/324/08. It may be interesting to see how fast and how justly the earlier 323 Policy Section cases had been dealt with by the RPO, with or without the cruel rider in my case.
                    I have lost the energy to pursue this angle, as I know that Chennai RPO can flout with impunity RTI application for such purpose. Also Iam busy in serious struggle for Truth with MOEA, Dhilli, to whom I had gone in appeal against the cruel rider of Chennai RPO. The Dy. Secretary, MOEA, Patiaalaa Hse., Thilak Maarg, N.Dhilli, dealing with an AO/Head-less PV3 section, where my appeal is dealt with, was cool to say last time when I talked to him on phone, that he could not predict when my appeal would be disposed off ! Nor would he consider giving me a Temporary Travel Document for my urgent North American visit, with whatever conditions they would like to tag with it! So, in earnest Sathya-vrath, I plan to accost him on 14th Aug., my convenient date for this purpose, but he would not confirm an appointment.
                    The above all are for your information, so something good may come out, not only to me, an ex-NRI of 20 years' standing in 5 countries abroad, but also to others in general too, without being harassed by Passport offices for years together. Like a LakshmaNan with CBI help could depose the Chennai RPO in April, '09!
                    Is there any officer, superior to Dy. Secretary, MOEA, Patiaalaa Hse., to whom I can approach in what seems to be an inevitable costly trip I have to make to Dhilli, with 14th Aug., as the first day there, convenient to me?As I dont have much hope with Dy. Secry. in charge of a Head-less PV3 section
                    S.Damodaran
                    CC to Dy. Secretary, MOEA, N.Dhilli.[and the kinder APO(PG) and PV3 Section Staff]
                    Your Excellency, kindly condescend to e-mail me your communication before, say, within this week, when MKG-class sleeper accommodation in Dhilli trains, which only I wish to afford, may get exhausted; or confirm my appointment on 14th Aug., Your Excellency kindly getting prepared to give me favourable decision on that day.

Regional Passport Office,Chennai — Passport till date not issued

Applied under tatkal.normal duration will be 7 days.paid Rs.2500 to the RPO, Chennai.File No.B 025790 dated 26/06/08.passport till date not issued by the this government agency, in spite of complaints by e mail and fax.

PASSPORT OFFICE — dealing issue passport

My file No A360321 applied for passport on[protected]. RPO Hyderabad. I received a letter from police enquiry stating that my varificatio was completed and the the varification report but from kadapa passport office the report was not come but its very very urjent sir i call from kuwait sit this passport belongs to my wife sir i call to passport office of kadapa they r telling me MR.SP was not singed from 50 days why i dont know why they r not sined sir but i request u sir pls as early as posible pls make it fast sir

ur faithfully

nizamuddin
                    Dear
                    Sir
                    This is Rakesh Kumar Singh. My serial Passport no is:-A051216.my village police station were send receiving report to sp office at 21/7/2009.But till date my passport is in pending .
                    what can i do for this.

Rakesh Kumar Singh

passport — to get my passport v.soon

Respected sir /madam
                    Myself is Naval Gupta I had applied for new passport. My file number is F002086. My Police report has been received by them. And the status is coming “Police Report is clear and the passport is expected to be dispatched by[protected]. Subject to all documents being in order.’’ I need my passport very soon its urgent because I have to appear for IELTS exam which is going to held on 28th of april. So I request you to plz look after my request and dispatch my passport as soon as possible I’ll be thankful to you
                    Your truly
                    Naval Gupta

passport — Unable to get my passport

Sir, for the last one month i am seeing the status as "it is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances your passport has not been despatched it wil be despatched in a week's time" but after one month i m unable to get it. Please tell me some means to get out of this situation.

I submiitted my passport for renewal on 3rd March 2009 at K4 Police Station, Anna Nagar, Chennai.
                      The Police verification was done on 26th April 2009.
                      My passport file No. is Z020289/09
                      The Passport status in your website shows the following
                      "Your police report is Clear. Application is under process"

Kindly arrange to send me my passport at the earliest, as it is already 4 months since I submitted the same for renewal.
                      Greetings! We have applied passport for our child on 4th of September 2009. We have not received any communication till now. It's going to be 2months since we applied. Since it is a 6months baby passport there is no police verification is required. May I request you to kindly do the needful at the earliest. We look forward to hearing from you.

Name :

Thanks in Advance!

Kind Regards,
                      Krishna Sundaram

23rd June 2009

Sub: – Extreme Delay in Issuing Passport and Police inquiry; File Reference Number: A017625/09br...

I applied my passport at 2007 but I don't receive single information from your end. In enquiry section displayed my DD is expired so I also furnished & submitted Chennai passport office a new DD NO: 101773 dated 03/2009 but yet I not received any news. I came & request many times in Chennai regional passport office but yet there is call for me so please help me & ASAP please advise me what I will do for further action. I really confused from this much of delay & my future is totally collapsed because of this delay. Please kindly provide me a passport for my future life please.
                        Regards of
                        D.Azaarudeen
                        Cell: [protected]
                        Email: [protected]@gmail.com
                        hi,
                        now iam working in dubai my home adress is changed in india, i want to update my passport, i dont know how approch this one give a idea regarding this please.

thankimg you,

sathiya moorthy
                        I was applied my passport on 15.07.08.Police enquiry was completed on 02.12.08. Still i am not receive my passport .Application no /date: 630190/ 15.07.08 DD No: 092297/ 15.07.08 Despactched on: EE[protected]IN / 16.07.08. please i want to know the status of my passport.
                        Hello sir, iam SureshDuraikannu from Work in Abudhabi still, i applied for my Passport renewel in

july 2009 Abudhabi Embassy but still not yet return my passport .Embassy asking for more details

so i submitted my family card and voter id . Embessy send to our good office, but return no reply

coming in abudhabi Embessy, so i kindy Requested our good office reply to My Pssport verification

letter Abudhabi Embessy. i have problem in my mother health, so i want come emrgency vacation

for india, so pls help my passport renewel regarding this mater,
                        yours failfuly
                        sureshduraikannu
                        pasport number: A8158199
                        Date of Birth :[protected]
                        Issue date :[protected]
                        Expiry date :[protected]
                        I was applied my passport on Aug 09.Police enquiry was completed on Sep 09. Still i am not receive my passport .Reference No :B028866/09. please i want to know the status of my passport
                        i applied my passport at 2008 but i didn't get any information from your side i don't have any details regarding the appliance. i don't know what to do further. can you suggest something regarding this

RESPECTED SIR/MADAM:
                          IAM VENKATESH FROM VILLUPURAM, I HAD APPLIED FOR PASSPORT AT REGIONAL PASSPORT OFFICE, CHENNAI, DISTRICT PASSPORT CELL, VILLUPURAM ON 13/02/2009. AND MY FILE REF NO: Z 601073, KEY NO: [protected]. POLICE ENQUIRY HAS BEEN DONE.
                          AFTER 60 DAYS FROM MY APPLICATION DATE, I GONE TO SHASHTHRI BHAVAN CHENNAI AND I ASKED FOR MY PASSPORT, BECAUSE I HAD A JOB OPPURTUNITY IN GERMAY. I SHOWED THEM THE JOB OFFER LETTER. THEY ASKED ME TO GIVE THEM A REQUEST LETTER AND ATTACH THE JOB LETTER FROM GERMANY ALONG WITH. THEY TOLD THAT, WITH IN A PERIOD OF 15 DAYS YOU WILL RECIEVE YOUR PASSPORT.
                          MORE THAN 45 DAYS HAS BEEN GONE, THE JOB FROM GERMANY HAS BEEN LOST BECAUSE OF DELAY IN PASSPORT..
                          WHAT YOU MR.REGIONAL PASSPORT OFFICER GOING TO DO FOR ME...? BE ATTENTIVE IN YOUR JOB...
                          i am zubair from vellore .i am applied passport through vellore passport cell on may 2009
                          i finish police verification also but we did not get the pass port.who authority is responsible for this
                          i've applied for renewal of my passport on july 29th, 09. but till today i didnt receive my passport after all the verification and other formalities got over. and more than seven times i met the APO, but the same old stoty you will get it within two days of time. till today 18th sept 09., i ve just hope in getting my passport even passport no has been allotted but the problem in dispatching they take so much of time.can anyone help to solve my problem.
                          i am balachandiran
                          my native is kuladeepamangalam which is located in villupuram district.
                          i need immediatly a passport..
                          but i am doing engineering in hosur(krishnagiri)
                          how can i get the passpaort what are proceduure ?
                          please help me ...
                          i am fully depend on your reply ...

I applied for the passport on 17.11.09.Still i didnt get passport.Police inquiry was done.Pls give me the status of Z 608202, Z608206.

tHANKS
                          hi am vinoth from vellore i apply the passport on 25 nov 2009, my police enquiry is also finish in 23/12/2009 how will i got my passport i like to go to work on abroad it so urgent plz give the passport to me my file no z156899/2009
                          RESPECTED SIR/MADAM:
                          IAM AYYAPPAN FROM MOONGILTHURAIPATTU, VILLUPURAM DISTRICT, I HAD APPLIED FOR PASSPORT AT REGIONAL PASSPORT OFFICE, CHENNAI, DISTRICT PASSPORT CELL, VILLUPURAM ON 13.5.10. AND MY FILE REF NO: Z 60300, KEY NO: [protected], [protected]. POLICE ENQUIRY HAS BEEN DONE.
                          PLEASE GIVE ME STATUS OF MY APPLICATION AND PLEASE PROVIDE ME A PASSPORT.ICHECKED IN PASSPORT APPALICATION ENQUIRE STATUS WEBSITE.THE RESULT ARRISING FILE WRONG...ETC.
                          sir i was applied before 5month till i didnt get sir.if i put my ref number into online it also show incorrect file number.ref no.Z603691
                          Hi Sri/ Madam
                          My name is madhavan. I am working at bahrain. I have applied my son new passport at villupuram district. appied on 28.04.2011 File No ; Z 602053. Which date i will ge the passport.

Please give me a status of the passport.
                          Dear Sir.,

Passport applied in villupuram branch in 14/03/2012 reference No:Z[protected]Murugan.N), What is the status?

I have applied for passports through the District Passport Cell in January 2009, on the word of the representative in that office who said that I can get all the passports in 3 months.

My marriages is fixed in Jeddah, on 10th of June 2009. I have already bought my tickets on discounted fair which was available with an airline for a short period of time.

After waiting patiently for more then three months, having the police verification clear. When I approach the authorities with my confirmed tickets and marriage invitation and plead to them for issue of passport the officer yells at me "dont cry out your stories here...!"

Another Assistant Passport Officer tells me when requested for an opportunity to justify my grounds of requiring the passport urgently, she says there is "No time for her to listen to me..."

I have sent repeated mails and given several personal visits to the office but no one really cares to understand my condition.

These passport officers need to be handled sternly and should be subjected to severe questioning and anti corruption raids for they do all the sweet talking to people appearing like touts in their campuses than to the suffering public with genuine issues.

They have to be made to understand that they are sitting in their positions to serve the public and not to shout and behave in inhuman ways with them.

They are not doing a favor by issuing a passport to me, I have every right to obtain it having provided all the documents and undergone a successful police verification.

I request the relevant authorities to streamline the processes in the Regional Passport Office, Chennai. and thrash out the feckless staff who are fit for nothing other than shouting.

Hope this complaint is taken seriously.

The passport office is like a village taluk office where some babus chase illiterate people trying to put thumb impression everywhere they are asked to do.
                            The passport office is to be brought to meropolitan standard and the staff need to be trained to behave first and then do the work after wards or the complete lot should be replaced with new ones.
                            The Regional passport office-chennai have the most arrogant and incompetent staff. I have traveled all over the world for the past 20 years. And for the renewal I had to face the most hostile staff, I don't know why it is called tatkal scheme, paying more money and could not get the service. It was virtual harassment staying in the beeline que from 6.00 am till 1.00 pm... I am very disgusted and disappointed about the services.Common man suffers because of Dirty politics, Ego among the staff who work there.
                            One of the poorest service i experienced in Chennai passport office
                            Touts rule Babus . Most of the officials still think they work for British government and people waiting for passport are slave Indians

I applied for passport on 16th Sep 2008. I got my police verification too. But after six months i yet to get my passport....
                              Once upon a time, there was a person who needed the passport to claim that he is an Indian. One fine day in March, 2007, he...

My name is Ishwarya. I applied for my passport on 14th november 2008 through St. thomas mount Post Office and my app no is masw[protected]. My police verification was done on 15th dec 2008. But i did not get my passport still. I went to Chennai passport office. The PRO told me that they did not receive my police verification report. So i went to Butt road office, which is the place where the local police station sends report about a person, and they told me they dispatched it long back. This happened on 15th Jan. Again my dad went to the passport office and told that they have sent the reports but the PRO did not respond properly. He was telling the same. I need my passport to write GRE and TOEFL exams. Because of this i could not fix dates for the exams. Can any one help me... Please ! ! !

NOTE:

Friends who applied along with me got their passport in one and half months
                              This has become a serious problem now after I visited 12 times in past 9 months to the same old passport office in Chennai. I applied for renewal with all necessary documents on 30/12/2008 and every time its delayed. After several visits to Passport office and Police Stations the Police verification is done on 10th of July and as of today on 16th Sept, its nothing happened, the website is not updated and I didn't get my passport. The APO commited that there is nothign pending and I should get it in a week for last three weeks. Its ridiculas.

Regards Sidd. MAS V[protected]

hello,
                                i applied for passport on 12th january 08'.

my police verifications are clear bu i'm...