[Resolved] Southern Railway — Refund of waiting list tickets.

pmnair on Jun 20, 2017
To,
The Chief Commercial Manager,
Southern Railway,
Refund Office,
Chennai.
Sub : Regarding refund of waiting list ticket.
R/sir,
I, Preeti M Nair, Working in Postal Department Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh ) had gone to Chennai for my elder sons routine check up after Kidney Transplant at Apollo Hospital, Chennai (Donor – Myself ) and also for my check up alongwith my husband and younger son. My return Ticket which was booked on 29.04.2017 with Waiting list no. PQWL/7 to PQWL 9, the ticket was not confirmed and after the chart was prepared it has come to Waiting list no. 1 to 3 (on 20.5.2017, we had given application to DRM, Chennai for confirmation of our tickets with PNR no.[protected] dtd. 20.05.2017 ) in Tamil Nadu express boarding at Chennai. We had gone to the station with our family and asked TTR to please adjust the tickets, but all in vain. As the train was at 10.00 pm and my husband went to cancel the tickets which was not cancelled as counter was closed (Timing 8.00 am to 8.00 pm). The next morning on 21.05.2017 my husband went to the station at 4.30 am for Tatkal Ticket and there also he asked for cancellation of tickets, but the rail authorities denied and asked him to send it to New Delhi office for refund.
Now, we have returned to Bhopal on tatkal ticket on 22.05.17 HA1 coach of Tamil Nadu express berth no. 1, 2, 3, for your reference, but our money is unnecessary blocked for refund of the tickets charges which has made a financial imbalance and also a great mental tension to me and my family during our journey to Chennai. I am enclosing the photocopy of tickets, Medical prescription of my son.
I have sent the letter alongwith the copy of ticket to The Indian Railway customer care, B-148, 11th Floor, Statesman House, Barakhamba Road New Delhi -110001, but they have asked vide their letter no.2017/IRCTC/ITC/Refund dtd. 9.6.17 (enclosed) to approach your office.
So, it is kindly requested to refund the ticket charges and oblige.
Thanking You,
Encl : As Above. Yours Sincerely
Preeti M Nair
O/o Executive Engineer,
Postal Civil Division, 5th Floor,
C.T.T. Nagar, Bhopal (MP)-
462003
Mob.- [protected], [protected]

Refund of waiting list tickets.
Complaint marked as Resolved Jun 18, 2018
The refund has been received and thanx to all of them, who have dealt my case, My bank account details were asked and the amount was refunded

[Jun 21, 2017] Southern Railway customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by pmnair, Jul 03, 2017
Sir, Please look into the matter as for refund of waiting list tickets. When taking tickets from counter, why we have to do so much formalities for getting refund of our amount. Why Only IRCTC tickets booked online are refunded. The passenger standing in ticket counter for tickets and taking tickets with cash have no value only online payments are refunded. Why this type of discrimnation.
Updated by pmnair, Mar 13, 2018
I have got the refund and thanx to all of them, who have dealt with my case.

GM Secretariet, Head Quarters Office, Parktown, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
    Southern Railway - Refund of waiting list tickets.