[Resolved] Vodafone India — charging unnecessary amount over amazon prime subscription in the name of 18 % gst

gkaur1 on Nov 16, 2019
I am a postpaid member of vodafone and have taken a plan of rs. 399 which turns out to be rs.472 after 18% tax (As told by vodafone cc) which i pay regularly.
In 2018, i was given amazon prime subscription for free by vodafone and it got expired in october 2019. To renew it, they added it in my bill cart along with the bill of rs. 472. So instead of buying it from amazon, i decided to buy it from vodafone again. Upon asking for clarification from vodafone customer care, i was informed that i have to pay something rs. 1241 for both my postpaid bill and amazon prime subscription. I paid the entire amount but now i am seeing they have put an outstanding amount rs. 224.2.
I was not informed of additional gst charges on my amazon prime subscription for which they are now charging rs. 224.2 extra.
They are charging gst multiple times. One for my vodafone bill and one for my amazon prime subscription (For which i was informed about).
Also, if i had bought from amazon, i would not have to pay an extra gst amount. I would have to pay only rs. 999 rupees for my subscription.
Today is my last day and i find they are charging irrelevant amount from me. I request you to please look into this matter and waive off my additional charges.
Complaint marked as Resolved Dec 22, 2019

[Nov 16, 2019] Vodafone India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Vodafone India Customer Care's response, Nov 21, 2019
Dear Customer,

Dear Customer, We tried reaching out to you in different time slots as mentioned below. Seems you were occupied. What would be a convenient time to connect with you? Please let us know & we'll be happy to assist.

Pooja.

Related Complaints

[Resolved] Vodafone - Complaints [6382]

[Resolved] Vodafone - Number Enquiry [1049]

[Resolved] Vodafone - email address [323]

20648
    +91 22 7171 5000 (HQ)
    Vodafone India - charging unnecessary amount over amazon prime subscription in the name of 18 % gst