Bangalore Auto
3.8

Bangalore Auto Complaints & Reviews

On 15th August morning 5am my parents took an auto from shanthilal silk house (near railway station corner) to Wilson garden. There was one more guy in the auto along with the driver. My parents got down at the destination and when they paid the charge the auto driver started demanding more money and they had some arguments. The second guy went and sat in the back seat where one bag was kept. They suddenly took the auto and went with our bag in the auto. We have tried to follow the auto in another one but we couldn't find them. The bag contained cash and gold ornaments worth 1.25 lakhs, mobile phone, election id, 2 aadhar cards, 1 passport, bank passbooks, ATM cards, PAN cards and some clothes as well. We tried calling on the mobile number but it was switched off. Unfortunatley we couldn't notice the registration number of the auto. The auto was an old one (black colour) and the driver was a thing young black guy. I have already filed a petition but the police is saying they will let us know if they get it. But I don't have any hope in it. Please let me know if there is any other way to get our belongings back.

Today morning at 6.55 AM we came to Bangalore Majestic from our native and asked a auto fellow (Reg No. KA-02 AB3125) to take us to Jayanagar. But he asked more than the meter rate then we catched another auto and came. This is not the first time, every time we are facing this kind of excess fair problem at Mejestic. This is a kind of blackmail to customer since they know because of lugguage, people will come.

Request concerned authority to take immidiate action on this ASAP,which will be really helpful to citizens of Bangalore.
    Double Meter Reading and Misbehave

Yesterady (23rd March 2012), I have hired an auto KA-05-D-3719 from BMTC (Double Road) to MICO Layout (Bannerghatta Road) at 11:45 A.M. Regularly we are hiring the auto in this route and charge is minimum i.e. 20/-. But yesterday we are shocked his meter was showing 54/-. Not only this he was arguing that now charges increased and as per now chart (he was having that chart) you have to pay Rs. 82/-. For half an hour he was doing misbehave and using rubbish languages because how I can pay four time of the normal fare. After having chaos situation at there, somehow I have pay Rs. 35/- and come out of this dilemma.
    Please do the needful ASAP so further no one should suffer in this auto.
    We could not take his further details since he has not fix his details inside the Auto.

This is regarding the auto rickshwas in the Whitefield area of Bangalore.

I am quoting my experience with the autowallas standing near Vydehi hospital. The autowallas here have a sort o[censored]nion and charge Rs. 20 since 2 years (that I have seen) for going from Vydehi Bus stop to Accenture office which is less than a kilometer. They never go with the meter reading. It happened when the minimum fare was Rs. 14 and is continuing now. They have only increased the nuisance by NOT allowing 2 persons to share the auto and demanding Rs. 30 in case they want to share the ride. This is not only unethical but considering today's scenario, an utter waste of natural resource just because of the greed of such people.

Its been 2 years and I have witnessed this, and abusive language being used by auto drivers when being asked to take the fare amount. They wouldnt care even if it is a woman that they are speaking to. I just hope that the Bangalore police takes care of such nuisance created by auto drivers all over Bangalore and try to improve the reputation of this means of transport.
      Aug 13, 2020
      The auto driver never go with meter.and asks double fare near hoodi whitefield.

This is to bring to your kind notice about an incident regarding 1. Demand of excess fare 2. Threatening and verbal abuse

Auto Registration No. KA 02 AA 6254
        Date: 10- March 2010
        Time: 20:20
        Place: Leela Palace, Opposite Manipal Hospital, Old Airport Road

I wanted to hire an auto from Leela Palace, Opposite Manipal Hospital on Old Airport Road after my visit to the doctor to "Thippasandra Market". The driver demanded Rs 50. This is a route I travel atleast once every month and usually the drivers charge me anywhere between Rs 25 to Rs 30 and do refuse to use the meter as it is a short distance. Having lost my patience when the driver insisted on Rs 50 despite repeatedly telling him that Thippasandra market is only minimum fare from Leele Palace, I decided to report this. He tried to forcefully snatch my phone when I attempted to take pictures of the vehicle registration number and hurled abuses at me for not being from karnataka and threatened to hurt me physically.

I request you to please look into my complaint and take necessary action regarding the same.
        Bangalore Auto - Demand of Excess Fare

Auto Registration No. KA 03 AA 2986
        Date: 1/2/2013
        Time: 7:40 AM
        Place: Cantonment railway station to Choudayya memorial hall Bangalore

Normally i am giving Rs: 50
        But he asked me to give Rs: 120,
        He spend my more time
        after that i given Rs: 100, He said you go and complain agents me no problems.

This same kind of problems almost peoples are facing in Bangalore ( As an Indian i need to do some thing so that i am giving complaint agents this kind of ill legal auto charges )

So

I request you to please take necessary action regarding the same.

hi,

Auto Drivers in BTM area is demanding excess fare.

Yesterday i had a similar incident and i was forced to take that auto as i was in a emergency situtaion. He was demanding 40 Rs, where the actual cost could be just the minimum changes. I i was able to note down the details of Auto & Auto Driver.

Auto Reg No : KA 03A 9704
          DL No : 10122/04
          Badge No : 14188/04
          Driver Name : Umesh S.H

Please take necessary action.

Lija Roopesh

auto — Fares charged not as per meter

For Auto travel in Mira Road the costemers are charged exorbitantly as there is no system of charges to be paid according to Meter.

auto — Demanding double the Fare & No Updated Meter

Driver ID - 31618/04

Boarded Auto from Majestic Bus Stand to Domlur at 4.00 AM on 11th October, 2010.

Meter was not upgraded to Digital. Moreover it was following the old rates(7 Rs/Km). The fare is 162 according to new rates. But the auto driver demanded for double the meter i.e., 340 Rs. and started shouting. So i had to pay him.

Please take necessary actions to such kind of Incidents so that people can trust auto drivers and use public transportation.
          No more refusals... No more tampered meters...
          Call EASY AUTO @ [protected] for an HONEST AUTO DRIVER right at your door steps.

No more extra charges or arguments

Presently available in bangalore and pune

And don't forget to pass it on...
          It is disappionting that Auto fares are increase day by day, however these auto drivers do not transport people on their running meter. They always demand 1.5 charges on meter or some fixed price which comes upto double the meter.

L.B.Shashtri Nagar, whoever is sitting at the auto stand have the fixed price. They never come for fair ask. If you are ready to pay their price, they will come, or else they wont. If it is one or two, you should not be bothered. But each and every auto drivers have this issue and they demand more than 1.5 fare on the meter which is ridiculous.

Can someone please look into it. Area is very inside from the main road and it is not safe to walk to catch a bus during evening.

Anju

Bangalore Auto — Auto meter faulty

on Oct 19th around 11 PM I came to bangalore city by train. I hired an auto ( KA05A-4478) & he asked me 1.5 times meter . I aggreed for that. When I started I found meter started after 1 KM. & it was jumping 1:50 at a time instead of 0:50 & comming back to :00. I informed about this then driver told meter is fine. There were no diver detailed in Auto. Some how I came to my home as I was with my family &...

I take an auto eveyday (for the past 2months) from Meenakshi Temple on Bannergahtta Road to my office on Langford Road. The fare, on the new meter (min. Rs.17) usually is ony abt Rs.92. The auto that i took today (KA 02 A 1129, and didnt even have the driver particulars displayed), despite using the old meter (min. Rs 14) showed Rs.99 that too abt .4Km before my destination and hence i ended up paying Rs.120. The old meter cannot go beyond Rs.100 and hence the auto driver reset the meter to another min Rs.14. When i told him my office is only abt 400mts from here, the unconsiderate pathetic told me to pay up or get down here and walk. When i told him his meter was rigged, he just demaned that i pay up.

I am not interested in getting the Rs.28 that i was charged extra. I just want to ensure that this auto driver doesnt go around cheating more people.

Eswar

No more extra charges or arguments

Presently available in bangalore and pune

And don't forget to pass it on...

Today i had a similar experience..I travel from Jal Bhavan on bannergatta road to the basavangudi swimming pool 5 days a week with my kids and my auto fare is only around Rs.54/- to 56/- maximum. However today i took this auto..(no.KA 02 B 970) who's meter was definitely rigged...He turned the meter to Rs17/- when we sat in it...but the minute we "reached" Tilak nagar which is not even the minimum distance of 2 km his meter started racing to Rs.26.He didn't even have his information displayed in the auto and was busy chatting on his phone while driving. On questionaing him about the rigged meter he got pretty aggressive and stopped the auto and demanded that I pay him 70 bucks which i refused.We were forced to get off the auto cause he got quite abusive.These guys need to be taken to task for cheating the passengers of their hard earned money.
            A little distance away he got another innocent passenger and i was hoping i could stop them and warn them about the rigged meter.
            Hope someone takes action...

Madhu..

My name is Abhishek and my father and I had an encounter with a auto driver named Md. Asif on 12/05/2010 Wednesday night at 8.30 PM.
              It was around 8.20 when our train arrived at Bangalore Cantonment station and it took 10 minutes for us to come out on the road, where we queued for prepaid auto. At that point in time the prepaid auto service was suspended as there were no autos available. So we stopped another auto and told him we wanted to go to Mathikere, and he straight forward asked for 1 and half at 8.30 pm. I protested but he said that he has to come back without any passengers from there. So I asked him as to why he has to charge that amount from us. He told if you wanna come get in the auto else leave.
              The attitude of the auto drivers is the worst in Bangalore, its even worst than their driving. Also the excess demand in fare in a big concern for the daily commuters.
              I have however gather the Driver's Licence details:
              Name: Md. Asif
              DL No: 4443/99
              Badge No: 301/99
              Police SL No: 113233/09.
              I want to know if any actions will be taken against Md. Asif and many other Md. Asifs running auto in the city.
              Many Thank and Regards,
              Abhishek

No more extra charges or arguements

Bangalore Auto is the worst Auto system in this universe. They do not go by meter. All most all the auto in the Vignannagar area do not take fee by meter. Another thing they do is if you tell for some place and get down before the place shey threat you telling they will take you to the police station. Mostly they are doing this to the women now. This hapened in the koromangala area. I guess police should take some action against this. These auto drivers aer shifting to petty crimes.

IT Firm — No auto driver start meter

Hi Public,

In Bangalore i have observed No autowala start their meter. If so for a short distance they will charge huge amount.

From marathahalli to Akshaya nagar distance is only 7-8KMs. They charged 190 bucks. If we travel in a Meru cab they will charge Rs 130 not more than that.

Why the City police never concentrate on these Autowala's?? Need to educate the auto guys in this.. Because if they start meters half of the people will surely use for all the short distances.

No more extra charges or arguements

I have been my college to my house on bannerghatta road. it was Rs.114 on meter.
                I didn't have change, so i gave 150.
                The auto driver did not return the change.
                He had neither asked before i got into the auto for extra money.
                On asking back my remaining money, he started to speak non sense.
                Some how i got Rs.20 back.
                It was only 6p.m not late night.
                I told that i will complaint, he said go and complaint to police, i will see to it.
                I spoke such way that i was frightened.

I availed of this auto - KA-05-4868 from Majestic Bus Stand to HSR Layout on 23 July 2009 in the morning. The auto driver asked for 1.5 times meter fare, to which I agreed. The total fare came to Rs 230 and I handed him Rs 250. He said he did not have change and as I was getting down, he said that I had paid him only Rs 160 and not Rs 250.

I clearly recalled having handed out two Rs 100 notes and a Rs 50 note and therefore fought with him and asked him to check. However, he did not agree and asked me to pay Rs 100 more.

He tried to divert my attention later to make sure that I cannot note down the auto number. However, I made sure that I read the auto number aloud in front of him. As soon as I did that, he was quiet and did not say anything, as I walked away from the spot.

BEWARE OF AUTO DRIVERS IN BANGALORE. ESPECIALLY THOSE AUTO DRIVERS WHO TRY TO TALK TO YOU AND BEFRIEND YOU DURING THE JOURNEY AS THEY WILL DEFINITELY TRY TO CHEAT YOU WHEN YOU MAKE PAYMENT. AVOID TAKING AN AUTO FOR LONG DISTANCES IN BANGALORE.
                  My mom and sister were going to railway station. They boarded the auto near vidhyapeeta, the auto driver went round and round just to increase the auto charge,
                  his name and details are :
                  Venkatesh,