Good Year Tyres

Good Year Tyres Complaints & Reviews

I recently bought a Fiat Punto Car on 31March 2014. The tyres on the car are Good Year Duraplus. One of the front tyre of the car was dammaged. The tyre was rendered irreparable as the wall of the tyre got holes. I visited Fiat service and was told that I need to claim for insurance and would get 50% of the cost of the tyre. I calculated and found that buying a new tyre would be cost effective. (50% cost + insurance fee + no claim bonus + two days in service center). I went and bought a new tyre Good Year, however a different [email protected] The tyre dealer informed me that the tyre model that came with [protected]@ car comes with a warranty called WFS (worry free warranty)[email protected] In the warranty, wall damage is also covered and Good Year replaces the tyre after deduction on the tyre usage. When I contacted Good Year. A engineer from Good Year visited and checked the tyre. He rejected the tyre with the comment, "No manufacturing defect." However, the engineer informed me that if I had purchased the tyre from a tyre dealer, I would have got the tyre replaced. My question is, if a product is available in market. Do different warranty poilcy apply on the product, [protected]@ purchased from different sources? As when i contacted Fiat they directed me to Good Year and they informed that its a promotional offer. It seems that we should buy cars without tyres and then buy tyres from dealers to get promotional offers. Moreover, contacting Fiat customer service for Answers and escalation matrix was a waste of time and resources. A mail chain of 28 mails and still no escalation matrix shared nore proper answer to 6 questions asked by me. 1. What is fiat india escalation matrix? 2. Why were my post removed from Facebook in which I was asking for the above information? 3. Why was I not kept in the mail sent to Good Year? 4. As per Good Year there are promotional schemes that are offered. If so can, you please forward the mail. I would also like you or Good Year to provide me information to help me understand being a customer how to differentiate between an proportional product and an oe product. 5. What about the recording that was attached in my previously mail. Do you provide such kind of Customer Service. 6. I would also request you to please provide me with address for Fiat and Good Year to send in written correspondences. Good Year is also on a similar track. Yet to be contacted by the northern region team. In short, being a customer is the worst thing. Yogeshwar Singh Rawat [protected]
Dear Mr. Rawat,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. We will get back to you shortly.

Fiat India
My goodyear tyre have only covered 2000 km... and suddenly one day my tyre got burst...
Basavani Mallappa Dharmoji.
A/P: Sambra.
Talluka: Belgaum.
District:Belgaum..
Contact No: [protected]/[protected].

RESPECTED SIR,
    I am having CHEVROLET AVEO with GOOD YEAR tyres purchased from NANAVATI MOTORS,SURAT.15 days back it went for its regular service and from there I came to know about WOBBLING problem in 1 Tyre,so I contacted dealer of GOOD YEAR Tyre for replacement of it.After it was checked by engineer they rejected the claim and did not gave satisfactory reason for it,they blamed RIM damage for it.RIM was perfectly fine and was checked by NANVATI MOTORS and private mechanic.Please consider my complaint and replace the defective tyre as soon as possible.My complaint is registered under D.K. MOTORS,SURAT and my complaint no. is Q[protected].
    Aug 13, 2020

Complaints receipt date-16.610
      Complaint No - Q[protected]

Vehicles Registration No - DL3CBE3842
      Oem/ Model - CITV
      K.M/hrs covered - 24269
      Deffect Type - 3PA/10NR/06/62
      Chassis No - makgm253JAN000883
      Good year company customer service is too unprofessional to bear.They even put some wrong no on their website & doesn't pick any call.customer like us suffer to much just to sort out our problems.At least they could hear out customer's problem properly.Escapism is not a good way to deal with customer.contact no-[protected]
      Aug 13, 2020

I own a Tata Indica Vista (Quadrajet) model brought in the month of July 2009. The same is fitted with the Good Year tubeless tyres. I have done almost 20 thousand kms till date with a very bad experience of tyres. Every month I need to go to either Tata service station for balancing and wheel alignment. During the first service of my car, the vehicle started wobbling and after full check up it was found that the tyre was faulty. Then Good Year engineer was told about the problem and he accepted that the tyre is faulty and needs to be replaced with a new one AT AN EXTRA COST O[censored]SAGE WEAR N TEAR....!!!! Why should we be charged when your part is found faulty. We cannot judge it on the first day itself that things are faulty, it is only found after some running. Later I had replaced the faulty tyre with the spare wheel and after 3 months now again I am experiencing wobble in my vehicle....got it checked and the same problem of tyre fault is being reported by the TATA authorised service station.

I need that all the tyres should be checked by the Good Year team, get the replacement of faulty tyres immediately where I will not be paying towards the replacement rather I should be paid back for the unecessary expenses that I have made towards wheel balancing and alignments done till date.

Look into the matter on urgent basis.
        Goodyear Efficientgrip tyres seem to have very poor sidewall construction. Out of 6 tyres in 18 months 2 have failed with sidewall bulges and blow outs. Goodyear refuse to accept any liability even though one tyre failed within a week of fitting. Cannot recommend Goodyear as a company or their products. Used Eagle NCT for years with no issues. Seems their new ranges of tyres have sidewalls made of cheese. Will not ever use them again

I am Prasad Naik, I had purchased 2 Good year tyre at DATTATRAYA TYRES Karwar, Karnataka State in the month of May2009. 1of them got cracks in just 15 days. I contacted M/S Dattatray Tyres Karwar for needfull and replacement of the same. I got a complaint serial no. ( Q[protected] ) dated 03/06/2009 and assured for replacement in coming 10 days. But till now iam stranger for the needfull. After my repeat visit to the outlet I was just assured but not realised. At last now they raised another Complaint serial number (Q[protected]) dated 28/11/2009. Its the high tide and now i shall not hold my patience rather take an action and the reason iam here. Kindly do the needfull and provide me the justice.

Thanking you,
          Prasad naik

Good Year Tyres — Tyre has developed cracks

I have bought Optra Magnum with Good Year tyres from Talera Motors pune. One tyre has developed side ways hair line cracks all along the periphery. I have sent SMSs to Good Year and got replies that Good Year wheel assist will contact you shortly. No one has contacted and chceked the faulty tyre for the last three days. i want this to get attended.
          i purchased indica vista from pawa moters delhi with good year tubeless tyre dated 16.10.09 nw i hv saw i major crack showing in left hand sight tyre plz take neccessary action for this my mobile no is [protected]

regrds
          raman bagga
          when i contacted with good year customer care they gives me cpmplaint no Q[protected] and promise to replace but when engineer inspected and asked me its crack by external imapact i am not agree with plz i will not take patience nw bcoz any time my car tyre would be crack and may accident possible it will be all responsibility of good year of any damage and harm

ragards
          raman bagga
          still i hv not recieved any message from good year nw i will not keep hold my patience kindly do the need full and take neccassary action

delhi
          No point in waiting. File a Complaint with the Karwar Consumer Forum with the relevant Documents. Contact me for further Information.

sub standard product and customer service from goodyear tyres

I recently purchased eight good year tyres from new bharath tyres,trivandrum,kerala,india.
            four for my fiat palio(185/70/R13) and four for my maruti alto(145/80/R12).All the tyres have done almost 3000 kms.Recently i noticed some cracks in my fiat's tyre and in one alto tyre(picture attached).The car has never been involved in any type of mishap or accident.
            .so i called your toll free number[protected] and registered my complaint(no:Q[protected]).And according to their instruction i produced the tyres for inspection to Mr. prakash(customer service engineer).according to his version the damage is due to some external impactand the tyre wont be replaced underr warranty.this is the fourth time i'm changing tyres for my car and the first time i'm using goodyear.to be frank your customer service in india is horrible. AND ONE GREAT THING I'VE LEARNT FROM YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE ENGINEER MR.PRAKASH IS THAT THE CRACKS IN THE TYRE CAN BE REPAIRED USING BUBBLE GUM OR M-SEAL(a cement based product).hats off to goodyear and mr. prakash for this great technology.I am absolutely appalled at the way the entire matter has been taken up.It is a matter of shame that such a company of international repute manufactures such defective substandard tyre and then refuses to take responsibility for their product.sir please dont torment me this much for buying your product.sir So I am expecting a positive reply from your office very soon or I WOULD BE TAKING THE SHELTER OF THE CONSUMER COURT FOR SURE.
            HELLO
            SIR, IM ANIL GUPTA&MY SHOPE NAME IS KISAN MACINERI STORE ATARRA BANDA AND MY CONSUMER COMPLAIN IS PAIR OF TYRE NO. 600/16 TRECTOR FRONT -SL FT 195.SI PLZ INFORM ME IN E-mail id-sanju.[protected]@yahoo.com my no. is [protected]????
            thank u.
            Please let me know whether your complaints were sorted out. I have a similiar situation now. Please let me know from which dealer you bought the tires.

Good Year — Defective Tyres - Poor Service Standards

Dear Rajiv Gupta,
            National Service Head
            Good Year Tyres, India

This is to bring to your kind notice that I am extremely dissatisfied with the service offered by the Good Year company and service engineer. I purchased a Hyundai Getz around 6 months ago and have driven only 4000 kms.I have Good Year GPS 2 in my Getz. I took the car to Capital Hyundai for 2nd service in Noida and the during wheel alignment the Hyundai service engineer (Deepak Sharma) told me that the tyres are developing cracks and bubbles. He showed me the problem in all 4 tyres. I was surprised as it was difficult for me to understand how can all 4 tyres have problems. Then I was given the information that this could be a defect in the whole badge as they all belonged to the same badge.

I called up the Good Year Customer care and was told that the Good Year service engineer (Ankur Gupta) would visit me and check the tyres. After his check on 01/10/2010 he agreed to replace the two rear tyres but said he could not authorise to change the 2 front tyres in one complaint. The front tyres were defective as well as confirmed by the engineer but he was helpless.

I am sorry to say that this is the worst service I have ever had. GPS 2 is the worst tyre and I will be moving to the consumer court if the complaint is unanswered. The front tyres need to get changed as it could be very risky as well.

Please contact me on my email at gola.[protected]@gmail.com
            My earlier complaint no was Q[protected].

Aditya Gola

I Had Bought 4 New Good Year Tyres 4months Back From Nirmala Tyres Mangalore, For My Hyundai Elantra . As soon As the Tyres Were Fitted I Had Slight Wobbling On MY steering Which Gradually GOt Tapered, After 7000 Kms It started Again To A Greater extent So As to Cant Hold The Power Steering, Making Feel like driving heavy vehicle. i Brought this to notice Of The Dealer Nirmala Tyres, Mr.Henry But he told Nothing is wrong . I have Showed The Vehicle To Authorised Hyundai Dealer - Kanchana Hyundai, They have Checked All Mechanical system As well As Wheel Alignment And balancing . They Have Told As tyres To Be Defective . Now I am In A fix < dont Know Whom To Approach ... So Searched Consumer Complaint s -- Let Us Hope Something Is Done !!!

Good Year Tyres — uneven and noise

i purchased ford ikon car from tristor ford,visakhapatnam about six months back.lot of noise is coming in side when the speed ismore than 80 kms.the dealer says the problem is with the tyres.complaint is lodged on 23/12/09 and no is attended
              Dear P.SESHAGIRI RAO, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Kindly share your contact number and our team will get in touch with you at the earliest.

Good Year Tyres Recent Comments