[Resolved] Airtel Prepaid — Duplicate SIM Not Activated
Mr. Manjit Kaushal,
Nodal Officer UP East
Sub: Grievance regarding mobile services - outgoing calls not enabled till date.
(1) Complaint Number[protected] May 30
(2) Complaint Number[protected] June 2
(3) Complaint Number[protected] June 4
Note: All these complaints were registered at 121 the customer care service
Dear Mr. Manjit Kaushal,
(1) My name is Suddhasheel Ghosh, a student of Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
(2) On the loss of my previous SIM card and mobile, I applied to the Airtel Office at Kanpur on 13/May/2009 and got a new SIM (Mobile Number [protected]). I provided the necessary details as asked in the form.
(3) On 14/May/2009 I have got an SMS that my application for SIM exchange has been accepted. My incoming services were restored on on 15/May/2009 when I had left for my home town Jabalpur. However, outgoing calls were yet not enabled.
(4) On 30/May/2009 when I returned to Kanpur, I registered a complaint with the Airtel Office which has unfortunately not been solved till date even after registering the complaint 3 times.
(5) It is surprising that I had also mailed a copy of the complaint I sent to [protected]@airtelindia.com to the Nodal Office, i.e. yourself, but there was no response. I am attaching a copy of the mail herewith.
(6) With reference to the above point, and the mail which I sent to you earlier, I fail to understand why such a lazy attitude is being adopted to resolve the case. I am sure going to the consumer court would not be a very entertaining experience for you.
I request you to look into the matter urgently,
The copy of the mail sent on 30/May/2009 to [protected]@airtelindia.com, with a copy to the nodal officer:
Dear Airtel Customer Service, UP East
I lost my mobile on the 9th of May at Delhi, and had immediately lodged a complaint at the Hauz Khas Police Station as well as reported the matter to the Airtel Customer Service at Delhi. They assured me that outgoing calls from the lost SIM would be barred within 24 hrs.
On my return to Kanpur, I applied for a duplicate SIM on my number [protected] at the Airtel customer service office at Kanpur with the necessary details/documents and the requisite payment of Rs 75/- (13/05/2009). The office had assured me that my number and SIM would be activated within the next 24 hrs.
On 14/05/2009, I received an SMS that my application for SIM exchange has been accepted (which was beyond the limit of 24 hrs!). Owing to an urgent situation I had to go out of station to Jabalpur on 14/05/2009. I reached JBP on 15/05/2009 and neither incoming nor outgoing were activated on my SIM. In the evening of 15/05/2009, incoming calls were enabled. However, I was not able to make any outgoing calls.
I feel angered, harassed and irritated to tell you that my outgoing calls have not been restored yet (30/05/2009). I have started wondering if callousness and laziness towards serving customers are properties which are considered apt for reward at Airtel UP East. I say this because this is not the first time when I have been harassed by the Airtel Service Providers (UP East).
My research colleague Susham Biswas, had sent an email to [protected]@airtelindia.com on my behalf (on 19/05/2009) applying for restoration of outgoing call facility on my number (as I had minimal internet access facility) and to no surprise, was given the most unsatisfactory response.
Please let me know:-
(a) Whether my SIM would be activated at all.
(b) Whether any punitive action would be taken against the employees of Airtel (UP East) responsible for my suffering (which I am sure would definitely not happen as callousness and laziness seem to be properties apt for being rewarded at UP East!)
(c) What is the best trick for getting hold of the Airtel Customer Service person at 121 as the response seems to be computerised (except Airtel - Delhi and Airtel - MP!)?
Eagerly awaiting your response,
Student and Research Scholar
Department of Civil Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Was this information helpful?
Aug 14, 2020Complaint marked as Resolved