Ask a Question Ask a Question FAQ FAQ Sign in Sign in

[Resolved]  Indian Railways — Bed Bugs on the Berth

I was traveling from Pune to Gorakhpur on dated 07of Jan'10 & I was shocked to find Bed bugs on my Berth & that too in AC 3 tier.
It was a pathetic condition & I could not sleep whole night due to these bugs.Various other passengers were also affected by these bugs.
Its shameful if this kind of things happen in trains.
My PNR no.[protected]
Train no - 1037
Coach - AC 3 tier
Seat no. - 43

Comments

Found bedbugs in AC 2 tire curtains in pearl city express.They didnt let us sleep the whole night and my 3 year old daughter has had allergic reactions which we have been trying to treat for the past 3 months. Please exterminate the pests.
Nisha
Yes. Yesterday my self and my wife spent horrible time traveling on Indian Railways (Southern Railways - Rockfort Express). Bed bugs were everywhere on the 3-tier AC compartment. Co-passengers were in big trouble too. Why the Railways don't take any steps to clean the compartments? This problem was there when I travel last month too. I reported to the Railways authority in Egmore Station (Chennai).

Pregnant ladies, elderly people, children even of age below 3 are traveling who are very sensitive. Should these people have courtesy towards passengers they should react immediately. These people has to understand maintenance is more important than initiating a program.

For pregnant women, elderly people and children below 3, I strongly suggest to avoid Train travel in India unless it is required essentially. Indian Railways still don't posses good transport system or may be don't have knowledgeable people to design the system. They should consider hiring intelligent brains.

- Murugan Kumaravel
We had travelled in Pandiyan Express - Kodaikanal Road to Chennai - Feb 7th 2013
in AC 3 Tier compartment. Had severe bed bugs problems.
Could not sleep the entire night and had severe allergy in the whole body due to this.
Please take action !
We had travelled in Chennai Egmore Guruvayur express on 17.2.2013 we had a very bad time, The bed bugs were all around biting all o[censored]s.All our Luggage was full of Bugs.The train reached trivandrum around 11:45 pm when we reached home found beg bugs in dress, Baggage etc.Whole night we were around trying to eradicate it.We had complained to the TTR but he was not interested to hear it.Feeling freightened to travel in Trains

Indian Railways Phone