Indian Railways — complaint against railway reservation booking clerk of phagwara railway station
Phagwara, Punjab, India
Rarajneesh madhok on Dec 29, 2018
M.com, ll. B, dfs, ll. M, advocate, legal & forensic investigator, railway road, phagwara-144401 (Pb)
Phagwara, 29th december 2018
Public relations office,
State entry road, new delhi.
Tele fax :[protected].
Email: [protected]@nr. Railnet.gov.in
Mail. Cpro. [protected]@gmail.com the divisional railway manager,
Ferozepur the station superintendent
Legal notice under section 80 code of civil procedure
Complaint against railway reservation booking clerk of phagwara railway station
On not paying bribe the reservation clerk bifurcated the seats of husband-wife passangers; unnnecessarily harassed by not complying with the rules framed by indian railways. The booking clerk has not worne railway dress and there is no name plate at reservation counter to display the identity of the reservation clerk. The display screen of amount of reserved tickets has been removed by the corrupt reservation counter clerks. On my request whether i should approach to the station superintendent regarding it the said reservation counter clerk said that whether gian has been appointed d. C. (Deputy commissioner) upon me. I shall not give you the adjoining seats, do whatever you like to do. He said that the reservation requistion slip i go to ludhiana to purchase so he refused to give more than one reservation reequisition slip to one person. He said there is everybody involved in getting ransom (Bribe). If anybody will point one finger on me four fingers will turn to his side. So you can go and complaint against me where-ever you like. Every official has hands in gloves. The same reservation clerk charge huge money from the passangers those book circular tickets and bundle of requision forms are submitted. Insist the passangers of tatkal booking to give me money and i shall book your tatkal ticket on opening of tatkal booking. The circular tickets and tatkal bookings and money in addition to the booking amount is being collected by said reservation clerk. On asking his name from co-passangers it was told that every body call him ganja. But could not trace the name of that reservation clerk.
S. No. Name of the applicant co-passanger’s relation date of journey pnr number journey train no.
1 rajneesh madhok self [protected] [protected] ludhiana – delhi 18310
2 rajneesh madhok self [protected] [protected] delhi-ludhiana 14645
3 mrs alpana madhok wife [protected] [protected] delhi-phagwara 14645
Under the rules framed by indian railways, i rajneesh madhok, m.com, ll. B, dfs, ll. M, advocate, legal and forensic investigator, resident of b-xxx/63, nehru nagar, railway road, phagwara, i hereby give you notice as follows:
1. I on[protected] submitted two requisition forms for journey and return journey for delhi and back from delhi alongwith my wife alpana madhok and your reservation counter official misbehaved with me and used abusive language against me and not paying bribe to him.
2. Due to the misbehaviour and not forming rules framed by indian railways your staff threaten and use abusive language against the customers.
3. Due to the highhandedness of the reservation clerk at phagwara railway station i ghave to undergo physical and mental suffering for the negligence, cerelessness and mistakes by not adopting the rules framed by indian railways the details of rules are appended hereunder.
I submitted two requisition forms for reservation at phagwara railway station at 12:49 hours and on not paying the bribe for reservation of two tickets in adjoining seats of husband-wife the corrupt reservation counter clerk of phagwara misbehaved with the passanger and forced him to come again in the queue from the last against the rules framed by railways. But the corrupt reservation booking clerk who has been getting the reservations of the passengers by adopting unfair means and collecting from every passenger who had been booking tickets at the railway reservation counter forced me to come again for submission of the second reservation form.
I requested him not to insist me to submit the requisition form to come again in the queue because the return journey of both the passengers from delhi is same and as per rule if onward/return journey are involved, 2 or 3 forms can be accepted for the same passengers.
When i refused to provide extra money to the said reservation clerk he insisted me to come again in a queue and bifurcated the seat numbers that should be allotted to husband-wife passengers who are planning to make return journey in the adjoining seats. As i failed to pay bribe to the reservation clerk at reservation counter he intentionally harassed the customer and misbehaved with me.
Kindly go through the reservation rules and oblige. http://www.nwr.indianrailways.gov.in/uploads/files/[protected]Reservation%20Rule...⇄
The general conditions are reproduced here for kind information of the official concerned. General conditions :
The railway administration reserves seats, berths, compartments, or carriage in accordance with the rules and conditions published in the coaching tariff. A passenger seeking reservation of berth or seats should purchase tickets from the railway reservation offices/authorised travel agency only.
Advance reservations are made generally up to 90 days in advance for all classes and all trains. The period of advance reservation (Arp) is exclusive of the day of departure of the train.
At intermediate stations where the train arrives on the following day, such reservations can be done more than 90 days in advance of date of journey from the intermediate station. Arp is in relation to the date of journey from train originating station.in case of some inter-city day trains, the arp is less
An individual can book only up to six passengers on one requisition form provided all passengers are for the same destination and for the same train.
Only one requisition form is accepted from a person at one time. However, if onward/return journey are involved, 2 or 3 forms can be accepted for the same passengers.
1. On asking the reservation clerk that why not the requision slip can be submitted by husband for return journey with wife, he said go and ask to the drm (Divisional railway manager) he will provide the reply to this question to you.
2. Why not the reservation counter clerk wearing his badge.
3. Why the display screen of amount of ticket is not visible for customers
4. When asked that why you not accommodate the passangers genuine demand of getting adjoining seats he said that i am paying charges for requisition slips to booking made at the counter to the higher officials and that amount is more than rs 2, 000 per day.
5. On asking his name he said “ab tumhari seat book ho gayi hai, agar alag seat tum husband-wife ki book hui hai to is mein kuch extra charges lagte hain, tum to sab kuch free mein chahte ho, bola na tumko rules ke bare mein, dekh lo requisition slip pe print hue hain ki ek vyakti se ek hi requisition form liya jayega, agar saath mein seat book karwane ka itna hi shouk hai to sewa paani bhi karni padti hai. Mera naam pooch ke kya karoge. Jaao time ke hisab se complaint kar do meri mera koi kuch nahin bigad sakta”
6. I am surprised at the indecent approach of reservation booking clerk who is not complying with the rules framed by the railways department. I am quoting his abusive language, that when i said sir, i am also an advocate and the rules are also known to me. He said “sale tu kaun hota hai mujhe kanoon sikhane wala, ki main kyon na tumhe ek saath seat allot karun, chup chap chala ja yahan se nahin to rpf call kar lunga.
7. I still persisted and objected his derogatory behaviour. This infuriated him and the way he reacted i am ashamed of to quote his indecent language which he as railway officer should not use. “bhonsdiwale ek baar bola na ki nahin milegi ikkathi seat tum husband-wife ko, chup chap chala ja nahin to maar khayega, and folded his fist in front of me. I aslo running out of patience and said badatmiji se baat mat kar. Then he called bad names to me. As the co-passangers were also getting late and they insisted that he will not accommodate request without paying money to him.
8. That this incident had been witnessed by the entire individuals but the chief booking clerk who was sitting at the corner window has not come to know the reason of dispute.
9. This is a humiliating incidence. I am so upset by the behaviour of the reservation counter clerk that even the memory of the incidence creates shivering sensation in my body.
10. In view of the above i request you to take stringent action possible within legal purview so that it should be a lesson for this corrupt and indecent reservation counter clerk and also example for all the other corrupt employees of the department who behave similar to him. Before deciding any punishment following points should also be noted:
A. The said reservation clerk accepted more than one requisition forms from the passengers those were in queue.
B. The reservation counter clerk is not wearing badge.
C. There is no display screen at the reservation counter.
D. The said reservation clerk abused me in full public, which is one of the most humiliating moments of my life.
11. I hope the railway authority will take appropriate action as per its reputation and set new example for its drive against corruption.
That as it is deficiency in service at the end of your staff so the complaint will file a suit in appropriate court for the claim and damages for physical and mental suffering, i hereby give you notice that if the genuine demand of adjoining ticket as per rules has not been provided to the complainant then a suit for recovery for damages and expenses incurred by me will be filed against you and you will be legally bound for the damages and expenses incurred by me at your entire risk as to cost and consequences.
[Dec 30, 2018] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
|Add a Comment||Share0Tweet0|