[Resolved] Indigo Airlines — fraud email and job

hrgadhavi on Feb 26, 2018
I received an email regarding airport jobs on my mail id.in that email all the description as well as contact person's phn no. Was given. I called on that number. There was one guy named raj malhotra who picked up the phone and explained me about recruitment process. He gave me the mail id of indigo hr and told me to submit my documents on that id. Next day i submitted it, after few hours i received one confirmation mail by indigo stating that your documents are selected for interview. You have to pay 2500 for the reference id and interview question-answer sheet. I deposited money in the a/c which was given to me by raj malhotra.in the evening one lady from indigo took my telephonic interview.
Next day i received call from verification dept of indigo, guy named amit agarwal told me to deposit 7500 (Refundable) for the security deposit. I again deposit that money in the same a/c which was given by raj malhotra.in the evening i received offer letter from indigo. Next day amit agarwal again called me and told to deposit again 10000 rs (Refundable) for the current a/c opening as a security deposit... I already deposited 10, 000 rs (2500+7500).. Should i deposit again 10, 000 or is it fake?? Plz help me...

Complaint marked as Resolved Mar 29, 2018

[Feb 26, 2018] IndiGo customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
IndiGo Customer Care's response, Feb 26, 2018

We would like to clarify that IndiGo does not engage in any unauthorized person or mediator to secure an appointment of a candidate desirous of securing a position with IndiGo. All appointment and recruitment related work are handled by genuine and authorized officials of the Human Resource Department of IndiGo at its Gurgaon office or any location officially designated by authorized officials of IndiGo. We do not indulge in the practices of collecting any processing/ enrollment fees from job aspirants/candidates. We would suggest you to please visit our Careers website and upload your resume at: http://bit.ly/2xLBuer

IndiGo Team

Comments

There was one guy named Aniket who called me e and explained me about recruitment process in Indigo. and send me SMS for send me documents He gave me the mail id of hr.indigo.[protected]@india.com and told me to send my documents on that id. Same thing he said after few hours You will get one confirmation mail by indigo and then You have to pay 2500... I replied him to send your website address and its yet to received
IndiGo Customer Care's response, Apr 14, 2018

Hi Vikrant,

We would like to inform you that it is not an authorized person or mediator. All appointment and recruitment related work are handled by genuine and authorized officials of the Human Resource Department of IndiGo at its Gurgaon office or any location officially designated by authorized officials of IndiGo. Neither IndiGo nor any of its authorized recruitment agencies charge any fee from candidate towards appearing for an interview or securing an employment. Candidates are solely responsible for verifying the credentials of any agency/consultant that claims to be working with IndiGo either for recruitment or for training/coaching. Please note that anyone who relies on the representations made by these fraud employment agencies or coaching centres does so at his/her own risk.

Account no:[protected]ICICI BANK)
Bank holder's name: - Air Technology Group.
IFSC Code: - ICIC0000378

Catch this bank account holder. He is offering job in behalf of indigo airlines and asking money.
IndiGo Customer Care's response, Apr 18, 2018

We would like to clarify that IndiGo does not engage in any unauthorized person or mediator to secure an appointment of a candidate desirous of securing a position with IndiGo. All appointment and recruitment related work are handled by genuine and authorized officials of the Human Resource Department of IndiGo at its Gurgaon office or any location officially designated by authorized officials of IndiGo. We do not indulge in the practices of collecting any processing/ enrollment fees from job aspirants/candidates. We would suggest you please visit our Careers website and upload your resume at http://bit.ly/2xLBuer

IndiGo Team
I got a same email regarding job in indigo airlines. They r asking me to pay 900 rs for registration. I want to know it’s spam or not? IndiGo Airlines Batch Code - IGA18/7909rWT
IndiGo Customer Care's response, Jan 29, 2019

Hey,

Team IndiGo
I get a call from one number she explained me every about process and asking me to pay 2100 for getting ID for attending online test and interview. Is it is fake or what?
IndiGo Customer Care's response, Apr 9, 2019

Hey Nikesh,

Please be informed that IndiGo never charges any fees for conducting interviews. You may visit our Careers website and upload your resume at https://bit.ly/2hglmLT. If your resume gets shortlisted you will be contacted by IndiGo’s recruitment team

Team IndiGo
I applied indigo airlines job through online after that i got call from karthick kumar, he asked me to pay 2250 for job.This job is totally scam so please take immediate action against him.For more information about him
KARTHIK KUMAR
Phone Number - [protected]
Email - Igo.[protected]@gmail.com
Branch Address :
G-45/46 Richmond tower town Santhala Nagar bangalore karnataka Pin - 560025,
Headquarter Address :
Level 1, Tower C, Global Business Park, Mehrauli-Gurgaon Rd, Gurugram, Haryana 122002
IndiGo Customer Care's response, May 31, 2019

Hi Metilda,

That doesn't sound right at all. IndiGo never charges any fees for conducting interviews. Please do not make any payment in response to this. Further, we've already taken this up with the concerned department and our team is looking into it.

Team IndiGo
I also encountered similar case. I got registered myself to shine.com for getting job notifications. I got text message from shine.com about AirTicketing/Ground staff and contact number of HR Khushi [protected] was given. She told me to mail her my resume, adhaar card, academic certificates. She gave a bank account number to transfer 2500 for processing interview. The email id was hr.[protected]@outlook.com which doesn't seems like any professional email address, any body could make that email address. I spoke about this to my friend and she found out fraud cases like already been occurred before. After getting hint these people are fake, I decided not to give money. When that HR called me if I had deposited money, I made excuse that I went to bank to deposit money but the bank was closed, then her tone became a little dominating. I immediately drafted a mail and sent it to the Indigo's official complaint email address. I don't know what that fraudster will do with my documents.
I got a Interview proposal from the Indigo Airlines. There was a total information about job profiles and payment offered by the company. They said that your Resume has been shortlisted and the company will book your Air tickets for interview at Banglore. For a security deposit, they asked me to pay 9600 Rs in an account of Punjab National Bank.
Account No. - [protected]
IFSC code - PUNB0027200
Account holder name - Indigo Corporation.
I talked to HR Mr. Sumit Rana (Phone - [protected]), he said you have to pay the amount before 3pm. I paid the same, and then their mail came saying you have paid the money without GST. I again called HR and talked to him about the problem. He said he has told the account team for the reversal of my 9600 Rs. I also got a mail of the same. Then HR asked me to pay the amount again including GST within time and he told me that the money will get into your account in 4-5 hrs. I again paid the amount 11328 Rs. Then they maild me an application form and asked me to fill that up and mail scanned copies of the same. I did the same thing and then I called him for confirmation. On saturday, he didnt receive my call. On sunday, I didnt call him because I thought Sunday will be off. I called him again on Monday and found his phone switched off. Its still switched off.

So total I paid 21000Rs to him.

I request to you all to help me to get my money back.

IndiGo Customer Care's response, Aug 2, 2019

Hi Aditya,

We would like to clarify that IndiGo does not engage in any unauthorised person or mediator to secure an appointment of a candidate desirous of securing a position with IndiGo. All appointments and recruitment related work is handled by genuine and authorized officials of the Human Resources Department of IndiGo at its Gurgaon office or any location officially designated by authorised officials of IndiGo. We do not indulge in the practices of collecting any processing/ enrollment fees from job aspirants/candidates.
We would suggest you to visit our Careers website and upload your resume at https://bit.ly/2hglmLT. If your resume gets shortlisted you will be contacted by IndiGo’s recruitment team.

Team IndIGo
I received a similar email from Indigo today early morning and i got in touch with indigo regarding this. Thankfully i didnt pay any money and got to know about this scam beforehand.

Indigo clearly says all emails will come from [protected]@goIndigo.in

Dear sir, madam,

Please refer below mail, for TICKETING EXECUTIVE job.
I have paid security deposit Rs.2, 450/-.for job. Mrs.Radhika from indigoairlines required CRP certificate. For this certificate he demanded security deposit Rs.7000+200 fee.
I am not able to pay Rs.7000/-, so i request you to refund my security deposit Rs.2, 450/- in below mention ac.
Name - Nitin Gandhi
Bank - ICICI Bank
Branch - Airoli
Account No.[protected]
IFSC CODE - ICIC0001090

Now I have mail for refund the amount no one has been reply. I have coll to Mrs.SHREYA BANSAL on Mob No.[protected] she has not pick up my phone. and Mrs.Radhika madam mobile is swich off.

Please refer below mail, look at the matter. Is this fraud?

Please revert.

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
From: indigo.airlinescareer bright on Wed, 14 Aug 2019 13:57:22 Add to address bookTo: You | See Details

1. Brief introduction about your self.
2. About your family background.
3. About indigo airlines.
4. About ticketing executive role.
5. About your qualities why should we hire you.
6. Tell us your weak points.
7. When indigo was launched.
8. What your strength.
9. Your salary expectation.
10. If we are not select you what would be your next step.

REFRENCE CODE
From: indigo.airlinescareer bright forwarded on Wed, 14 Aug 2019 13:56:03 Add to address bookTo: You | See Details

Dear,

NITIN GANDHI

YOUR REFERENCE ID CODE IS-

CSDH[protected]S

Do feel free for any concern.

SHREYA BANSAL..

Quick reply to "indigo.airlinescareer bright"
IndiGo Customer Care's response, Sep 2, 2019