[Resolved]  Indigo Airlines — losing my power bank

Myself mr. Birendra jena while travelling from new delhi to bhubaneswar vide pnrt no-sj2t2u on dated 03.03.2018 i faced an unpleasant situation at the boarding lounge. As per the rule of the airline safety measures no one can travel with any battery driven equipment in their check-in baggage, but it can be taken with the hand baggage.

Now the pertinent question in my case that nobody from the baggage clearance department has suggested the same although i have retrieved the power bank in time after the scanner detected it in the first place. That to just at the time of my boarding entry they intimate me that this power bank is really hazardous and going to the dustbin.

Now in my case the very intention of the supporting staffs are highly questionable as i lost my asset because of the sheer incompetence and callousness.
As a senior journalist i think this grievance of mine should be thoroughly scrutinized and investigated because the very airline is losing its reputation being a customer friendly one

Birendra jena
Sr. Journalist "sanchar"
Contact no-[protected]
[protected]@gmail.com
Apr 5, 2018
Mar 04, 2018

IndiGo customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Mar 05, 2018
IndiGo Customer Care's response
Hi Birendra

We understand your concern and would like to inform you that it is mentioned on the ticket and on IndiGo official website that power banks / portable mobile chargers, e-cigarettes are allowed only in Hand-Baggage and the item cannot be taken in check-in Baggage. We would further like to inform you that any power bank retrieved or found in checked-in baggage during the security check gets discarded. We request for your understanding in this regard.

IndiGo Team