Indigo Airlines — your airlines have deducted the complete amount and not given us back any refunds

L-304, DDA Flat Sarita Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi, India
 urukap on Mar 17, 2020

This is to bring to your notice that we had to travel to Bengaluru for our annual holy pilgrimage of visiting the Mahasamadhi of Sri Sathya Sai Baba at Prashanti Nilayam on 24/03/20 via Air India and were supposed to return on 26/03/20 via Indigo6E-2032 / PNR KFDSKV.

However, in view of the advisory issued by the Government of India, MoHFW in wake of the global epidemic of Covid-19, we decided to defer our plan o[censored]ndertaking the annual pilgrimage, for personal safety and larger public health concerns.

Since all passengers travelling with me were senior citizens and suffering from medical ailments, (myself a cancer patient, my wife a kidney patient and sister a BP patient) so it would have put all o[censored]s at a greater risk of contracting the disease if we were to come in contact with an affected person during our travel or stay in Prashanti Nilayam.

These considerations, and the fact that the ministry had assured full refund (Web Link http://bit.ly/2WmfTpu), convinced us to go ahead with cancellation. But, unfortunately your airlines have deducted the complete amount and not given us back any refunds.

I look forward to your response and early redressal of my grievance.

Sincerely,

SM Kaul

[Mar 18, 2020] IndiGo customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by urukap, Mar 17, 2020
My parents had to travel to Bengaluru for visiting the Mahasamadhi of Sri Sathya Sai Baba on 24/03/20 via AirIndia and return on 26/03/20 via Indigo6E-2032 (PNR KFDSKV).

However, in view of the advisory issued by the GOI-MoHFW in wake of the global epidemic of Covid-19, they decided to defer their plan, for personal safety and larger public health concerns.

Since all passengers were senior citizens and suffering from medical ailments, it would have put them at a greater risk of contracting the disease. These considerations, and the fact that your ministry had assured full refund, convinced them to go ahead with cancellation.

But, unfortunately the two airlines have deducted the complete amount and not given us back any refunds. It is my humble request to you to kindly help us in getting our full refund as promised by the government of India, which has taken commendable measures measures to contain the spread of this disease.

I look forward to your response and early redressal of my grievance.

Dear Urvashi Kapoor,

Your grievance has been successfully registered and has been issued a grievance number of ZW576629. We are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the problem and you will hear from us again no later than 01-Apr-2020 09:04 PM.

This email was sent to [protected]@gmail.com. If you are not the intended recipient, kindly ignore.

AirSewa Team

Important: Please do not reply to this email. It has been sent from an email account that is unattended. Please add [protected]@gov.in to your contact list and address book to ensure that you receive communication related to AirSewa

My Response to Indigo dated 19 March 2020:

Dear IndiGo,

Thanks for your e-mail dated 19/03/20 in reply to our grievance on MoCA / DGCA “Airsewa Portal” grievance reference no. ZW576629. I understand that the airline must be following all safety procedures to prevent spread of the corona-virus declared as a global pandemic.

However, I would like to bring to your notice that the refund asked for is for travelers who are senior citizen and are all above the age of 70 years and also the fact that all three travelers have a medical history and health problems.

My father, Shri SM Kaul, 74 year old has been a Cancer patient; mother Usha Kaul goes for her regular Dialysis thrice a week, and my aunt Girija Madan also has a weak immunity because of recent Illness. In case necessary we will be happy to share their health record.

They decided not to travel following the Government advisory on avoiding travel to places of religious congregation or places of large public presence (airports/railway stations etc.). Abiding with the Government advisory we went ahead and cancelled the tickets as they were at a greater risk of catching the virus and also spreading it to others while travelling.

“We were acting as responsible citizens of this country, and were expecting a positive and more understanding response from one of the most preferred airline.”

Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case. It is extremely disappointing and insensitive on your part to expect senior citizens to travel during such extreme global pandemic conditions and if they fail to abide by your airlines policy or instruction they will be forced to pay for something that they are not responsible for.

I urge your esteemed airline to reconsider your decision regarding refund of entire amount of INR 8541 wrt. PNR KFDSKV.

Urvashi Kapoor

Updated by urukap, Mar 19, 2020
Sharing, a copy of GoI directive to all Senior Citizen to abide by complete travel ban both domestic and international.

Dear Urvashi Kapoor,

Your grievance has been successfully registered and has been issued a grievance number of BZ166333. We are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the problem and you will hear from us again no later than 03-Apr-2020 07:04 PM.

AirSewa Team

Comments

I booked my flight from indigo app yesterday. My transaction was completed but ticket was not generated.

1965
    Indigo Airlines - your airlines have deducted the complete amount and not given us back any refunds