I, biju z. George holder of confirmed economy ticket from dammam to colombo on 13th april, 2017 (Booking ref. No. 4knnlj) was to reach trivandrum on 14th april, 2017 by your carrier ul264 & ul161. Unfortunately we were stranded at dammam until 14th april late evening because of your sudden cancellation of the above fleet due to reasons best known to u & not clear to us till now. I had planned my very short vacation & trip of 1 week to india with srilankan to be with my family for good friday & easter but because of your untimely cancellation of above flights, i could reach to my family in trivandrum only on 16th april by 2.45 am with lot of stress, fatigue & mental turmoil faced during the trip & to my second surprise that my check-in baggages (2 pieces) have not reached yet here in trivandrum although we were assured by srilankan authorities in dammam that we will receive the baggages in trivandrum by the time we reach there.
By this, i would like to put certains facts on record for the srilankan management to be aware & take immediate corrective action
1. The managing of the above situation by the airlines staff in dammam was totally pathetic and not planned & coordinated well resulting in a big delay in organizing a next working alternative for the passengers to reach their destinations.in the proces we had lost more than 2.5 days in transit for no fault of ours & i personally could not be in time for joining my family for this holy week of good friday & also easter (Reached morning of easter sunday highly tired with no proper rest & sleep) for my scheduled short visit of 1 week to india.
2. We were put in a hotel in dammam on 14th early morning & were assured that we will be flown out by afternoon/ early evening same day but this assurances was never kept by srilankan & finally we were taken by bus at 8 pm on friday via the causeway to bahrain for catching the srilankan flight at 10.20 pm with the assurances that flight will not depart until all passengers are boarded even if there is delay in causeway for visa formalities, only to our utter surprise we discovered the flight departed already and we were left stranded in bahrain airport from 11.30 pm with lot of confusions, fatigue, stress & harsh talks and also with no refreshments provided including stay for us. We remained without food for more than 14 hours from 14th evening until 15th evening which had kept us more tired & stressed out.
3. We had to go through uncertain period henceforth, until the airlines could manage an alternative airlines to fly us out & my return flight was booked by kuwait airways to trivandrum via kuwait which was at 1.10 pm on 15th april with no food & accomodation provided by airlines aswe were left stranded in the airport waiting for the flight to fly us out.
4. After reaching trivandrum today morning to add to another mis-managed operations we were told that our check-in baggages have not arrived yet & when i checked with the airlines here in trivandrum an hour ago we were told that the baggages are in colombo & there is no clear schedule given when it will be shifted to trivandrum.
5. This has complicated the whole process as i am here on a short visit & i will be going to my parents place in cochin tomorrow evening & will fly out from cochin back to dammam within next couple of days and i do not have any personal belongings including my clothing, under garments & toilerties to wear as they are in my checked baggages which is yet to be received from srilankan airlines
6. Moreover i need to get my checked-in bagage today & not later than tomorrow morning in order to continue with my travel to cochin tomorow evening.
7. I would like to higlight the fact that i have been travelling with srilankan for a long time since & this trip was the worst of the lot with no proper, timely help & support from the airlines authorities & to add it to all i have lost my valuable 3 days of my short vacation& i need to be compensated for this big loss & discomfort meted to us solely attributed to the fault of airlines.
By this mail, i request you to take immediate, suitable action to correct the gaps & to get my check-in baggages by tomorrow morning without fail. Otherwise i will be forced to go legally through airports authority for getting the required support. Your immediate response is awaited in return.
SriLankan Airlines customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Help line no