SriLankan Airlines Complaints & Reviews

Last updated Jan 15, 2023

File a complaint to SriLankan Airlines

Having problems with SriLankan Airlines?

File a complaint and get it resolved by SriLankan Airlines customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

SriLankan Airlines

SriLankan Airlines Website

SriLankan Airlines Head Office Address

Level 3, East Tower, World Trade Centre, Echelon Square
Colombo 1
Sri Lanka

SriLankan Airlines Phone Numbers

Fax

SriLankan Airlines reviews & complaints(115)

Im SADTC Senanayake and yesterday evening I flew from Delhi to Colombo in UL196 and when collecting check in baggage one of my baggage lock was broke and removed
+1 videos
SriLankan Airlines customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Srilankan airlines is a scam company. They told me i will get my cashback in 3 days. Then after requesting for a long amount of time they told me it will come in 21 working days. After that when i asked where is it they said it will be given in 3 to 4 weeks. Even now they are saying the same. They are thieves they wont return your cashback ever. Never book from this [censored]lankan airlines.

Sir/Madam
      This is with regards to my mom named SABIHA ANSURUDEEN aged 70 years had a flight travel on 23rd Nov through Srilankan Airlines from Madurai to Riyadh via Colombo, with BOOKING RESERVATION NO 6MQMYX, and E Ticket no 603-[protected] .
      The ticket was booked on 17th Nov 2022 itself, with a plan that she will accompany another person (my Friend) who was also travelling from Madurai to Riyadh in the same flight, so we planned...
      Hi there,

I always prefer Srilankan airlines, but I had really a bad experience this time Last Sunday.
      My original flight was from Melbourne to Delhi, (UL 605 & UL191), on 4th Dec 2022, via change over in Colombo, but the flight from Colombo was cancelled and the new flight given was Air India(AI284), for Colombo to Delhi.

As I had to go even further and had another flight booked from Delhi to Amritsar...

I have booked a flight from New Delhi to Paris in Sri Lankan airlines. However they have changed the itinerary from 13th December to 16 December. We changed the plan as to match flight timings, and today again they have changed the itinerary.

When called, they have no response to this.

I had a flight from Singapore to Mumbai via Colombo on 2nd oct, 20:10 pm. I had an active PNR but was still denied boarding even though I had reached the airport at 5:30 in the evening. At the check in counter I was in communication with two people, Shankar ( SRI LANKAN AIRLINES) and Krishnamala ( DNATA CSO). Both these people confused me all together and didn't issue boarding passes giving random reasons. At 7:30 pm I went to the ticketing counter and talked to Mr. Ming Chuan of Sri Lankan Airlines. He told me that my ticket was genuine and I should have been issued a boarding pass. The following are my flight details:
        UL-309- SINGAPORE- COLOMBO
        UL-141- COLOMBO- MUMBAI
        PNR - 6RYRFO
        I have been caused great loss to this and would like to aplly for a refund and compensation. There was a fourth person who was with us i.e Hemant Kachariya, who didnt have any problem travelling, but the three o[censored]s were denied boarding.

01/09/2022
          Bangalore airport

I travelled from NZ to Bangalore and arrived Bangalore airport at 2.30 am this morning on UL 173. (AKL-MEL, MEL-COLOMBO, COLOMBO-BANGALORE)
          I did not receive both my checked in baggage. I complained at the airport and when they escalated, they said they already had the information that my baggage is still in Melbourne. They promised me that it will arrive in the flight tomorrow evening....
          We booked tickets with Srilankan Airlines in March to travel from Melbourne to Kochi on 10/09/2022. We also booked our seats as well, as we are travelling with small kids. Now we noticed that all our seat reservations have been removed without informing us. We contacted airline offices at Melbourne and Srilanka to fix this and unfortunately both customer service officers were extremely unhelpful and rude and simply said they cant do anything...

I was travelling to Seychelles on 27August 2022 on UL707. My Baggage did not arrive. When I contact Baggage section in Sri Lanka directly; they did not have any idea about an approximate date of delivery for my baggages. I have no clothes and stuf[censored]ntil I get my baggages.

There were around 60 - 70 passengers who faced this issue in the flight I came. And this is not the first time experience with Sri Lankan Air Lines.

This seems to be due to the mismanagement of air line and drop the passenger baggage due to over weight.

I dont get a single reply from Srilankan Airlines with regards to my refund status. Their refund policy is to give a reply on the amount entitled within 3-5 working days and full settlement should be in 14 working days. However, after one month submitted my refund (submitted on 21 July 2022) and until today (22 August 2022) i dont even get a reply on the amount entitled for refund.

Refund Ref is : UL/RR/146568, UL/RR/146569, UL/RR/146570

I purchased travel tickets from Melbourne to New Delhi via Colombo for 4 passengers. The airline cancelled the tickets from Colombo to New Delhi. I called the customer care and asked them if i cancel my tickets will i get a full redund as its the airlines fault. I was assured that i will be given a full refund. It has been almost 3 months and they only refunded the amount of one passengers ticket. I have tried getting in touch with them many times. The contact centre says they cant discuss about the refund and so does the chat support. The only email available for refunds does not respond.

I Nikita Jaggi am an Australian Citizen and had been flying Srilankan Airlines first time in my life. I boarded my flight from Melbourne on 7th July 2022 for Mumbai via columbo. I was very happy with service I received by the officer at the customs even though I was disappointed with the delay in the flight from Melbourne as it was delayed by 3 hours. I had an excess of 3kgs and on request since I was traveling to meet my parents first time...

Refund reference Number is UL/RR/145102
                More than 1 month now still not received the amount
                I emailed several times no response

In April my client was denied boarding due to an overbooking. He was offered a voucher for a free flight to a destination within the connections of SriLanka Airlines. He accepted that voucher under these conditions.

Now he wants to redeem the voucher and it says the voucher is only valid for one sector Male-Sri Lanka. This is not the condition that has been promised to my client as he lives in Spain and can't make use of this...
                  Hi team,
                  My name is Ruhi Kapasi and on the 14th June I was travelling from Mumbai to Melbourne flight number UL144 and my ticket number is 6XEMIE. I reached the Mumbai Airport to check in 3 hours prior as required just when I reached I was one of the first 4 people to check in and upon reaching the counter there was some technical issues and was made to wait for 1 hour and check in never began in Mumbai airport, after 1 and a half...

I had a flight with SriLankan Airlines from Columbo to Paris CDG on June 24th. My luggage was missing at the Paris airport. I tried to contact SriLankan
                  Airlines and they did not respond in any way

My mom( senior citizen) was travelling from Singapore to Mumbai via Colombo on 17th June. When she landed in Mumbai the flight was delayed and the bag she got was thrown as trash and broken. She tried to contact the baggage counter there but there was no rep from Srilankan airlines and being diabetic she helplessly left from the airport. Since then we trying to contact airlines number but after waiting for hours on IVR call gets disconnected and the chat BOT doesn’t work. Please can someone help us.

Srilankan Airlines — Officers were unable to respond to help.

I bought the tickets on 2 May and it was cancelled and changed to 3 May by Sri Lanka airline, I tried to change date but I had to pay fee and I explained I didn't cancel flight but the airline cancelled for me why I had to pay fee, however they still told me to pay fee if I wanted to change date that was a reason for me to cancel flight bc my Visa would be finished on 2 May, so 17 March I sent my refund request and got replied email. When...
                      I made a request for refund of my wife;s Colombo-SYD-CMB Business Class ticket on 07APE22 which was duly acknowledged. Please see attached email correspondence. Until today, I have not received the refund i.e. after 50 days. Too emails I sent in this regard remain unanswered. As a result of this delay on your part my account remains overdrawn.

Please investigate this matter and arrange the refund of the required sum to my credit...

My name is swaminathan.
                      Me and my daughter travelled from DMM to TRV on 25/5/2022.
                      One day Before i chat with the srilankan customer care and confirmed that 43 inch tv i can add in my baggage.
                      I have the screen shot of the chat.
                      While check in they didn't allow me to carry my TV,
                      More over one of the Supervisr named Lakshmanan told i have to pay 180 SAR as fine, I agreed but finally he changed his words.
                      These guys destroyed my whole day evening of my family.
                      They behaved very badly and told if you have any proof of claims you can complaints to the authorities the only problem is for the guy who chat with me.
                      Don't hesitate to contact me for futher details @[protected]@gmail.com.