SriLankan Airlines Complaints & Reviews

Last updated Jan 15, 2023

File a complaint to SriLankan Airlines

Having problems with SriLankan Airlines?

File a complaint and get it resolved by SriLankan Airlines customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

SriLankan Airlines

SriLankan Airlines Phone Numbers

Fax

SriLankan Airlines reviews & complaints page 2

Hi Team,

I have booked two tickets and canceled them. After receiving refund the amount was two low what I have got. Not sure why the difference is two high. Here the details of the tickets:

email id through which I booked the tickets : pdp.[protected]@gmail.com

1. Refund request Reference number: UL/RR/138243 (MAA - MEL), ticket #[protected]
I booked this ticket for 1, 29, 751 INR but received...

Pl ref Refund Request REF. - UL/RR/137400 | Requested Date - 23.02.2022(UTC)

our ticket no. 603-[protected], and booking ref. 6YJZQ9
And

Ticket no. 603-[protected], and booking ref. 6YJZQ9.

As per your website the refunds are processed. I am enclosing the screen shot of the same for your reference.

On checking our bank account, we found that only one ticket was refunded to us as against our claim for two tickets mentioned above.

But as per your website, the refund for both were raised.
Kindly check with your accounts and arrange for early refund of the other ticket also.
SriLankan Airlines customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
May 20, 2022
SriLankan Airlines Customer Care's response
As per the details received from refund section . both tkts refunded ( they are partially utlilized tkts)

Refunded Amount ₹39, 244.00 INR
Order ID 6YJZQ9_[protected]
Order Date November 20, 2021 12:01am
Last Updated Date March 8, 2022 12:43am

Prasanth.B
SriLankan Airlines ltd

Flight booked date 31/03/2022
    Travel date:31/03/2022
    Travel from LHR to TRZ via CMB.

LHR to CMB -UL504
    CMB to TRZ -UL133
    Passengers :3 (2Adults and 1 Child)

E-ticket number:

Flight UL504 got delayed by few minutes, due to this we had to miss the flight from Colombo UL133 to TRZ.

I have booked...
    This is regarding my ticket booking from Male to Chennai for 24th of April. The booking was done through Goibibo.

PNR - NO8OQE
    E-Ticket No - 603-[protected]

Traveller Name - Sridevi Vadhirajan

I raised a name correction request yesterday through Goibibo to Change my last name on the ticket from "Vandhirajan" to "Vadhirajan". During ticket booking, there was a typo mistake that caused the...

My booking number was 6747LR.

The flight was delayed by more than 6 hours from Melbourne to Mumbai on 8th March 2022.

I need compensation

Still so many reminders for getting the refund ( as already by the airlines after launching complaint), only get reply they checking the finance department but the final status as it is. I not received any refund till now
      Please help me to get my refund back, since communication the airlines it is almost getting 2 months
      Mar 08, 2022
      Updated by rahulvitthal
      Sir
      There is no reply from the Airlines and not received any refund even Airlines agreed to refund me long back, please help me to get my refund back
      Attached here proof of refund note & refund checking mailed by the airlines in January, 2022

Dear sir

Still there is no update nor i have received the refund

My ticket number[protected]
        Name Parvathavardhini mithunakumar
        Refund Request number UL/RR128702
        booking reference ROA6NX

the above ticket was booked directly with SriLankan Airlines, due to corona and cancellation of flights Airlines was issuing tickets with date changes.
        In September 2021 Airlines asked to go for refund request as it cannot issue further date changes. Hence I submitted refund request, details above.
        Its been five full months. There was no response for my multiple emails and calls. Only received automated email asking to wait for response. My calls were diverted and kept in waiting for an hour without response.

My request is to either issue refund or issue credit to book my return journey. Alternatively reschedule to different date. They haven't responded to any of it. Since Jan I have emailed them twice and called them twice to let them know about raising a consumer complaint. No response. Kindly help by resolving situation.

Dear Sir
          After launching complaint in the consumer complaints, quick decision was taken by the srilankan airlines to refund my amount as per the attached mail from Srilankan airlines but more than month passed, there s no credit in my account and after so many reminders there is no reply too.
          request to help me once again .
          Mail received from srilankan airlines for agreeing the refund attached as image

regardsbr...
          We had booked for Srilanka airways to Bangkok, Departure from Bahrain on11feb, 2022
          Departure time is 21.30
          We are 3 passengers me and mug kids 15 and 13 years old.
          When we are checked in they said fight will delay for tomorrow but not know exactly time and they took us to hotel for 1 night(Not allow to get back home)
          So we are stay till 11.30 then them took us to airport and flight is 13.45
          When airplane...

Reservation No: ‎5NVVJT Refund requets - UL/RR/135756 & UL/RR/135757

I had to cancel my flight tickets (refundable) due to Covid from Paris - Colombo on the 12th of Jan 2022. The tickets were purchased via srilankan airlines website and the refund requests were already done on the 12th.

Since then, no news from Sri Lankan airlines, no reply to 6-7 e-mails sent to [protected]@srilankan.com and over the phone (customer service based in Sri Lanka) each day a new agent, only answer is to wait !!! And never gives à timeline when the refund will be don

Could someone help to accelerate the process?

Thanking you.
          Kishan FERNANDO

1. I booked my ticket for Jan 6, 2022 : Jakarta - Colombo / Colombo - Mumbai
            2. On booking ( Dec 27, 2021), I received email fom SRILANKAN AIRLINES taht i am eligible for the Bid to get Upgrade offer in business class.
            3. I applied for the BId
            4. Based on my offer, airlines replied me with statement as below
            a. upgrade offer will be informed between 48 and 5 hrs before departure ( means between Jan 4, 2022,...

We have send multiple emails for processing our refund made with Srilankan Airlines with booking reference 6QUVXN. Total 4 tickets 3 adults and 1 child.

Please treat as a matter o[censored]rgency. Being a reputable company please keep up the standards and policy and process the refund at the earliest.

Ticket reference

Dear Madam/ Sir
              I took a flight from New Delhi to Paris CDG on Dec 21, with a layover at Colombo airport.
              I have attached my ticket for your reference.
              My flight was delayed by 6 hours.
              I had to stay at CMB airport for 6 hours without food, without water, and without a place to rest for an entire night (from 22h25 to 6 am). I checked every lounge at the airport and nobody would accept my bank card.
              No food...
              Regarding I have booked the ticket from Thailand to Delhi on 18th Dec 2021, but the reservation from Srilanka airline informed me that there is a travel bubble agreement between the country Srilanka and India Srilanka airline does not allow the traveller to transit to India until 30 Nov 2021. I have confirmed with the Indian ministry and Indian embassy in Thailand that it's not their duty, as they already grant the visa to the traveller to...

I reached in Hamad International Airport on[protected]for taking the sri lanakan airline flight and was in counter 9. We were told to fall in line till 7.15pm and the counters was open at 7.15pm. Later when my turn came at 7.40pm due to heavy crowd. My baggage was little heavier than usual amount therefore i removed excess weight accordingly within 10 minutes and came to the counter again for boarding but the staff from QAS regret and he closed the counter, they didn't allow me to pass my boarding and i lost my flight more than that there was another passanger who was waiting the before than me. Totaly 3 passengers lost our flight due to this misbehavior of the QAS staff more over the the supervisor who was there to irresponsible to give a proper excuss and he ran away without facing us and advising us. All the staff who were in the bording was rude to the passengers yesterday. This my 50th flight and it was my worst experience with QAS staff. The flight number was UL 218 which was at 8.55pm ( sri lankan airlines )

My name is Rafiullah Taniwal. I purchased a ticket with Sri Lankan airline through MyTrip online on the[protected].
                The flight was from Dubai to Melbourne on the[protected]. The flight was canceled by the airline due to COVID restrictions. However I was never notified that the flight was canceled, as I found out by calling Sri Lankan Airlines on the day of departure.
                I have been calling and emailing all departments of Sri Lankan airline for the past 11 months, but I have been responded to with the same irritating response everytime.
                I have taken legal actions in Melbourne and Dubai, and I have also contacted Australian media fraud investigation programs which will ruin Sri Lankan airline reputation.
                Now Melbourne office replied that my refund will be issued after October 2022. That is more than 2 year. Fraud!!!

Ticket Number:[protected] ra [protected]

Order Number :L65W09

Flight - UL225. CMB to DXB..on SEP 04 th at 5:17..
                  Black bag missing without th sticker on it..
                  Staff had mistakenly check-in my bag without th sticker
                  School books, blanket and tailoring stuffs
                  FATHIMA SUMAIYA NASOORDEEN
                  ECONOMY CLASS
                  GATE R3 UL225
                  Departure: Colombo
                  Arrival : Dubai terminal 1

It was been 1.5 years since the travel was cancelled by the airline due to COVID 19 travel restriction.

However till date, no refund is received despite several instances indicating that refund will be made in 5-10 working days. This is very disappointing.

Refund Request REF. - UL/RR/112370 | Requested Date - 22.06.2020(UTC)
                    Departure Date : 23-Apr-2020
                    Booking Reference : QG2VAY

Our family travelled from Columbo to Melbourne on flight UL604 on 13th Jul 2021. Our journey was ok as we had to travel from Bangalore to Chennai and then Chennai to Columbo and were placed in transit location for few hours before our flight to Melbourne. It was all good and once we got on the plane were told we could use the back portion of the plane as the flight was mostly empty or limited number of passengers (25) allowed due to Australian...

I have booked tickets to Maldives between April 19, 2021 to April 23, 2021 and we received a mail from bravofly (site which we used to book the ticket) on Feb, 2021 that the flight has been cancelled. After cancellation we are still waiting for the refund. We contacted bravofly several times and they informed us once srilankan airlines process the refund we will do the refund. I have been mailing to [protected]@srilankan.com, [protected]@srilankan.com for the refund status and there was no proper response on the refund status and it's been 4 months now...please refund my money as soon as possible...please contact me for more information like ticket details and all...
                      Mail id : harikumar.[protected]@gmail.com