Railways
2.4

Railways Complaints & Reviews

I am fed up booking any Tatkal tickets in IRCTC. I have never booked any Tatkal ticket, The IRCTC people are deliberately blocking the site exactly at 8 AM every morning. Are they just providing a service for the agents. It is very clear that the IPs of the agents alone can access the site. Why is this? Anyway, I really wanted to get use of the Consumer Complaints Forums, If this forum is just for reflecting our thoughts, then there is no use. i think this issue will not be solved by u people....as everybody is involved in this....this is the worst part on the indian government,,,
Aug 13, 2020

This is to bring to your kind attention & impel necessary action against considerable delay in processing TDR refund. I had filed for TDR refund through irctc portal on December 28, 2010.The amount refunded was Rs.1174 but the ticket was of Rs 2350.PNR no is-[protected].The train was diverted so I should get 100% refund. I have been following up with the officials through e-mails, telephone calls on the helpline numbers for chasing up the refund process, but the refund is still awaited. Sometimes the behaviour of the concerned officials over telephone are very rude.

Request you to kindly refer the below trail mail & help me get the refund.

Thanks and Regards
    Payal Agrawal
    [protected]@gmail.com
    Aug 13, 2020
    I had to file TDR for a train that was rescheduled by 12 hours and opted to use alternative means of transport. The railway did not have the courtesy to inform that the train has been rescheduled untill we reached the railway station. Even after the hardship of arranging alternative transport and then filing of TDR only 50% of the charges were refunded by railway. I am surprised at this attitude of railways and I would want to escalate the issue to the someone senior in railways. Is nt the person looking at the case before processing the TDR. While it takes such a long time to get the refund, it is still processed incorrectly.

There is no forum or person whom we can reach out to settle the issue. I need clarification as to why only 50% of the refund was made? My ticketing and refund information are as given below

Transaction Details

Refund Details
    Refund Status : Refunded
    Refund Date : 02-May-2010
    Refund Amount : Rs.490.00
    Dear Sir i am book (tatkal)ticket on 3-jun-2014 for two person but in this 1 ticket is confirm and second ticket is on waiting list then i fill the tdr to refund the second ticket money(because second person ticket is automatic cancel). but 7 month has been pass away i am not get my refund. then i want to go for consumer court to refund my amount. my pnr no is [protected].

the second person travel in the train and the TC give the slip i am attach the TC slip and the ticket.
    Dear sir

PNR No.[protected]
    i am book a tatkal ticket in 3-jun-2014(new Delhi to patna). in this i book the ticket for two person but the one person ticket is confirm and second person ticket is on waiting list (then the railway rule the waiting ticket is automatic cancel) then i fill the tdr on 7-jun-2014 to refund my money but 7 month has been pass away i am not get my money. in this the both person travel the train in this the tc give the 1500 slip also i send the ticket to railway Delhi office. but they have regreted my TDR and do not provide me the reason to regret the TDR. i have a last option to go to consumer court the i fill the consumer form complaint to get my money.

DEAR SIR,

SUB: REQUEST FOR REIMBURSEMENT OF RESERVATION TICKETS AMOUNT - REG
      *******
      I by name R.Venkata Rao hereby inform that I travelled from KUPPAM to TIRUPATHI on[protected] by Seshadri Express. The scheduled arrival time to Tirupathi is 3.15pm, but the said tain came to TIRUPATHI ONE AND HALF HOUR LATELY , i.e. 4.45pm. Due to this late coming of the Seshadri Express, I missed the Tirumala Express at TIRUPATHI RLY.STATION. which i was reserved my tickets in Tatkal Kota. So, the said reservation was automatically cancelled and I could not utilise the tickets bearing No.[protected], Train No.7487, dt.[protected].

I view of the above facts I request your goodselves to kindly reimburse the eligible refund amount as a special case. (due to seshari express late I missed the TIRUMALA EXLPRESS at Tirupathi Rly.Station.)

Please do the needful and reimburse the eligible amount.
      (we suffred and travelled by Private Bus at that time and expensed a lot money). Kindly take action regard my case)

thanking you sir,

YOURS TRULY,

sd/-
      R.VENKATA RAO
      D.No.27-11-20
      Sundarayya Colony,
      gajuwaka,Visakhapatnam-5300044
      CELL: [protected]
      as tatkal is not a connected journey, its independent journey ticket and based on point to point,
      how u got the fact that its automatically cancelled?

please get in touch with nearest railway booking counter to get the facts clear.

Although wheel chair is available at New Delhi Rly station, porters charge exhorbitantly (Rs150/200 per trip) for the chair. It is better if Rly specifies and disply the charge and help to enforce it. Further in New Delhi Rly station wheel chair is carried all the way to the end of the platform as there is no lift for aged persons or take the wheel chair
        Aug 13, 2020
        New delhi railway station is charging the money for wheel chair (150 rs) . Why i don't know. These are government facilities which government should provide. This is all stupidity

I am travelling in Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express at least once in a year for last five year. The train from and to Bhubaneswar comprises of old / rejected AC coaches. The aminities like seats, lights, Air conditioning and toilets are not upto the standard and no on is bothering to rectify / improve the aminities. The train used to be delayed in West Bengal deliberately, on asking why it show, the station master has ready reply there is no platform available on ahead station, however, other local passanger/express trains are passing by. Sir, as far as the India's first priority and highly paid train, this is really a ill treatment to the trains running to and from Odisha.

Recently, I had to board the train 2816 New Delhi-Puri SF Express on 04 Nov 10 from New Delhi. Train delayed in departure from its originating station due to technical delay. some how train started one hour delay from NDLS. The train was four hours late on arrival of Medinapur. The train was detained by station master for an hour only to pass some local trains. When I inquired about the delay, he stated the same store that there is no platform available at Kharagpur Rly station. One giving example how other trains are passing if there is no platform available, he avoided me and other passengers. He cleared the train, when he thought now the situation is not in control to reply passengers. Why sir, Why it is like this, can any one reply?

And I was travelling in AC3 Tier, where cleanliness was not at all being carried out. toilets were shavy and western toiled flush and seat was in broken conditions. Pathetic situation, I monitored sleeper class toilet adjacent to AC coach was comparatively good. Why? Did I paid less in compared to sleeper class or it is my mistake to board a train other than Rajdhani Express.

Please please for god shake do not make my state so down, as your commercial chart can show a good amount of passengers sincerely take tickets and maximum depends upon rail journey. Please Do the needful.

AK Dora, Mob: [protected], Bhubaneswar.

I have booked 3 tickets.PNR No.[protected]. While booking the status was WL 112.113, 114. After 1.5 months of booking the satus is same. It is never possible for such status. I believe that it is due to blocking tickets by the railway staff who intentionally doing business. Hence the public never getting the facilities are provided by the Government.
            I hope, the things should be reviewed and do the needful. Thanks, JOY.N.I

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is to inform that in the Central Railway - Mumbai - Kasara train, they are many passengers who travel without tickets / travel in First class especially from Kalyan to Kasara and it is quite unfortunate that no officials (TT) ensures that such things is discouraged. This has been happening for years now.

The problem is that why should someone buy ticket / pass with their hard earned money when travelling is free for such commuters where nobody troubles them / restricts them.

I would genuinely request you to take proactive measures to stop such thefts and ensure that Railways must earn their income.

Sanjay Punjabi.
              Aug 13, 2020

This is regarding a parcel (Motor cycle-Hero Honda-Karizma UA07 M 5740) that I have booked as a parcel from Ahmedabad to Haridwar. The booking reference or the chalan number is Z099865, dated 7th October. I have still not received the parcel till date, as the agent says that I will have to pay a bribe of Rs 400 if I want the bike to get loaded on the train.

I don't want to give my hard earned money to such kind of people. Please help. The agent name is Mr Vijay and his mobile number is [protected].

Ashish

My Name is Abhay Mehta. I want to complaint about the behaviour of the employees of Railway at Surat Station.
                  My Brother, Bharat Jain and his wife(my sister-in-law) Rinku Jain, went to surat railways reservation office.

My Sister-in-law was booking the ticket -
                  Date:[protected]
                  Time: 11:00 am
                  Place: Surat Railway reservation office
                  Destination: Surat to Howrah
                  Train no. 2905A
                  Ticket No[protected].

Now, while booking the ticket, the officer named MR. JAIN who was booking the tickets and issuing them, STARTED TALKING REALLY OBSCENELY TO MY SISTER-IN-LAW.

To this, my sister-in-law told MR. JAIN to mind his language. To this MR. JAIN told my sister-in-law "YOU CANT EVEN IMAGINE WHAT ALL I CAN DO TO YOU" and MR. JAIN really started talking more OBSCENE about my sister-in-law in public.

When my brother got to know about this, he went inside to talk to MR. JAIN and tell him to mind his tongue. Now firstly MR. JAIN started abusing my brother in really really offensive and abusive language, language we couldnt even imagine o[censored]sing it.

Then, the other employees in that room (approx. 4 to 5 of them) including MR. JAIN surrounded my brother and they locked the room from inside. Then they started abusing my brother to the most offensive language possible.

My brother realised that he is risking his life by talking to these employees, and so he visited the supervisor. Now, the supervisor is busy chewing tobacco and every 5 minutes he is going to spit the tobacco. I thought chewing tobacco is banned in public.

WE ARE GOING TO FILE A CRIMINAL CASE AGAINST THE RAILWAYS. Not only they humiliated my sister-in-law and my brother, but also threatened to hurt them by locking the government office from inside when my brother was inside.

I never thought in my wildest dreams, that Railways under the able leadership of Mamta Banerjee would hire such hooligans to work for railways.

In railways, under the leadership of a women, women travellers are not at all safe. That is really disappointing.

I demand an able and just action taken against those who have humiliated us and railways.
                  Aug 13, 2020

This is to kind informed, we are traveling in 538 Passenger (Hindupur to Guntakal) daily to Hindupur (HUP) to Anantapur (ATP) towards the job porous. In this connection in Dharmavaram (DMM) Junction daily they are doing SHUNTING 30min. so we are unable to report my job before 10AM. We are facing lot of problems to our higher austerities. So this is not only our problem lot of Job holders, students & who have traveling in the above passenger

Railways Recent Comments