Rajdhani Express

Rajdhani Express Complaints & Reviews

Looking at the number of complaints on this website i am sure i am not the only one complaining. I am travelling in sealdah rajdhani 12314. My seat number is 33 of coach b12. I am a regular travelling passenger with rajdhani express. It had been a very good n luxurious train people would like to travel in. So long i never thought about carrying food along with me because i am traveling in rajdhani and i am very confident that i will get a premium quality food. But this time i am very much disappointed or unhappy with the service provided. Food provided for dinner last night was pathetic, firstly it was not carried separately, veg & non veg food were mixed & served together. Seconly, the food was also bad, the sabzi provided in dinner contained raw pcs of paneer not at all mixed and was saltless infact tasteless. No proper cleanliness is there. Toilets are not clean, flush is not working and stinking. Apart from that food trays are not removed on time which creates a messy and bad smelling coaches. No air freshner sprayed this time. No wet wipes given. Toilets are not cleaned with phenoel. When calling staffs, they are not listening . They just ignore passengers requests. It appears that the railways and especially Rajdhani management do not plan to improve their pathetic services. This is like cheating passengers by giving us false promise of a good service. I do not understand why they even call it a "premium Train". It is not even a distant shadow of a true Premium train. If this is India's so called premium train, imagine what the ordinary trains will be!!
Jan 02, 2017
Updated by Nehalakhs
This is todays complain
Jan 02, 2017
Updated by Nehalakhs
Late lunch given. The lunch served today at 3.35pm today. Guess what they gave for lunch...no rotis.. only rice, dal and aloo matar. After paying why we should accept these kind of food. There are no excuse for this kind of sevice, after delaying we are food of low quality. I am so much upset with the service provided.

I am travelling by delhi to sealdah rajdhani express in AC three tier on 20th december 2016. The food served here is under quality and cold. Not all food items are provided in the meal dont know why like bread is given breakfast with out jam and butter. The water for tea is cold. No option for coffee. Water bottle provided with broken seal cap and many more. The charge of ticket is on rise while service and food quality is detoriating. Why this kind of discrepanicies shown in top train in India. We have some foreigners with us in the train. They are laughing after seeing disgusting gestures of the attendent. This is a disgrace of indian railways and want justice.

I was given stale food along with other passengers, a stale chicken in rajdhani express on 21st of july 2016 by umesh rai and his contractors and abused me when i did not pay them hefty "tips" had to be hospitalized for 4 days and i ask compensation of 1 lakh compensation, b7 52 seat number, pnr number [protected], attendant told me as passengers are not there in rajdhani delhi to sealdah so foods are stored for even 7 days so to prevent food wastage but at the cost of public health who are paying 2200 rs for trip?

I'm travelling from Sealdah to new Delhi today in 12313 Sealdah rajdhani exp at couch number B7, seat number 55. I carry some expensive medicines which needed some cold temperature. While I asking the catering provider at couch no B7 for freezing my medicine he is ignoring to take my medicine. So I need an urgent help. Please arrange the same for me.
        The rail neer drinking water was not mineral water. The bottle was stinking.

No charging socket at side lower and side upper birth.
          Dear railway maintenance incharge,
          First time i am travelling in rajdhani exp from bangalore to new delhi.
          I got lower birth, didn't found any nearby charging socket.
          I thought, its better to travell in sleeper coach in other train rather than travelling in rajdhani exp.
          You must arrange a separate charging facility for each individuals.

Felt like... Naam bade aur darshan chhote..!

Please rectify this if you can..!

Respected sir, we had travelled in Raldhani train last month (towards Tamilnadu).we have complaints for many things. 1. Over all Food served war very low in quality. Meals on wheels supply is very worse now. 2. lime water served was very bad.i think 80% people did not drink and discarded with one sip. 3. Ice cream was served at 10.00pm.so around 90% traveller had returned it. 4. before six o’ clock tea a was served. many told to give after it and the serving staff accepted but did not give again though we asked it. Also Many told to keep the flask on the tray. But he did not. 5. The serving staff did not follow hygiene. Once we saw that he was cleaning the wash basin with his bare hands.He never used to wear gloves. 6. finally he asked money to all for his services. Many gave as he was insisting them. 7. The staff who served bed sheet also asked money and got irritated as many not given. 8. We returned back with Tamilnadu Express. The staff who served bed sheet asked money in that train. The experience was occurred in Orissa Rajdhani train. Few friends told me that the trend is seen in all Rajdhani but no action still even on many complaints. We wonder how and when our Railway got such bad staff and services as these were not seen few years back. Please take necessary action to stop such malpractices in all trains.

the AC temperature in train is very low. It feels so cold in 3 tier train. We have told them many times to increase the temperature from 22 to 26 but no one listens in Delhi to Bangalore rajdhani train and vice versa. Train number 22692 and 22691. Can't sleep in so much cold. It is suggested to tell the train workers to kindly keep the temperature at 26 only. We don't want to be caught by fever.

Looking at the number of complaints on this website i am sure i am not the only one complaining. It appears that the railways and especially Rajdhani management do not plan to improve their pathetic services. This is like cheating passengers by giving us false promise of a good service. I do not understand why they even call it a "premium Train". It is not even a distant shadow of a true Premium train. If this is India's so called premium train, imagine what the ordinary trains will be!! I doubt anyone of the concerned authorities reads these complaints or the administrator of this site never bothers to forward it to them. Why do the services not improve then inspite of so many complaints. The Railway minister should take serious note of these complaints. I travelled twice with my family in May 2015, once from NJP to NDLS and again from Nizamuddin to Madgao. I had booked these trains thinking i will enjoy the journey & get superb service. But i was totally disappointed. The train from NJP to NDLS was very very dirty(disgusting) And it was made dirty not by the passengers (as the authorities would like to blame), but by their own catering staff who were duty bound to keep it clean. They used to throw away the food in the vestibule of the train and in the wash basin. The basins were blocked and so were the toilets. I never saw train supervisors coming for any inspection of their staff and how they work. Is this the "Swacch Bharat" they promised. At the end of the journey, the staff comes and asks for "baksheesh" as if it was compulsory. They used to literally demand (like extortion) for the so called "good service" they had given!!. This illegal practice has to stop. The food menu remains same throughout the journey and the food is pathetic. People feel Rajdhani gives "free" food. Completely wrong. The cost is actually higher! You pay Catering charges while buying the ticket. Seroiusly speaking, there is no point travelling by any Rajdhani. The ordinary express trains are much better and cheaper than these trains and you get to buy variety of food there. It's better to travel by flight than the Rajdhani!
                It's true, I was traveling by rajdhani 22693 On 12.8.16, the boy who was serving is totally drunk and Has not served welcome drink and I was served soup before dinner after 10 PM .THE CONDITION OF THE SERVICE IS VERY PATHETIC DIRTY.

Rajdhani express is suppossed to be special train of Indian Railways...the foods served are of very poor quality...inspite of changed made regarding caterers the food standard have gone down considerably..I travelled with my family by 12314..New Delhi to Sealdah on 31/03/2015 & again by 12313...Sealdah to New Delhi.. ON 06/04/2015 .the food served were uneatable...WHY CANT THE INDIAN RAILWAYS GIVE THE CATERING RESPONSIBILITY TO THE PEOPLE WHO SERVES FOOD IN AIRLINES? atleast the quality will be good...the railways have started charging extra for food so it is their responsibility to serve better quality food...it is pathetic to travel by such train..same is the case with Duronto express...when the things are going to change only God Knows..

MY FATHER BIMAL KR SEAL AGED 83YRS ALONG WITH FIVE OTHER SENIOR CITIZEN WAS RETURNING FROM DELHI TO KOLKATA ON 11/03/2015 BY NW DELHI SEALDAH RAJDHANI EXPRES (TRAIN NO.12314, PNR NO. [protected]) . TRAIN DEPARTED FROM DELHI APPROXIMATELY 4 HOURS BEHIND THE SCHEDULE-(DEPARTED AT 20:22 INSTEAD OF 16.25) .EVENING SNACKS WAS NOT PROVIDED. EXTREMELY POOR QUALITY DINNER. NEXTDAY THE TRAIN ARRIVED AT SEALDAH STATION AT AROUND 14.30 P.M. BUT LUNCH SUPPLIED ON THAT DAY WAS RICE AND DAL ONLY . HOW SUCH FOOD WAS PROVIDED IN SPITE OF KNOWING THAT THE TRAIN WILL ARRIVE LATE AS THE SCHEDULED DEPARTURE FROM NEW DELHI WAS 4 HRS DELAYED FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. MOREOVER ONE BAG WAS STOLEN FROM AC TWO TIER (AI COACH BERTH NO.1) ANDTHE THEFT WAS REPORTED TO TRAIN MANAGER . VERY POOR CLEANLINESS OF THE TOILET ------PRIME MINISTER"S VISION(SWACH BHARAT) CANNOT BE FULLFILLED IF SUCH THING CONTINUES

Rajdhani Express Recent Comments