[Resolved]  Airtel Prepaid — unwanted subscription from 290603

I have not subscribed for the "Thoughts for the day" fro 290603. Still I have started getting daily messages with the topic from the number. No response so far from Airtel. Please get the number 290603 blocked. I do not want to see any messages from the number. Besides this a refund of all the charges which have been debited by Airtel.
Complaint comments

Comments

After I sent a mail to Airtel nodal officer and cc to TRAI emails, the scam seems to have stopped [at least I did not get any SMS in last 34 hours]. You can find email address of nodal officer here.

And list of email addresses of TRAI registered consumer group here. CC the mail to any one of the consumer group from this list.

cc the mail to [protected]@del2.vsnl.net.in, [protected]@trai.gov.in, and [protected]@trai.gov.in

-Vijay

Airtel — UNWANTED SMS FORM 290603 OF THOUTH OF THE DAY

DEAR SIR,

I M KEDAR P. MAINDE. MY NO. IS [protected]. I AM FACING UNWANTED SMS PROBLME FROM YOU OF "THEOUGHT OF THE DAY - 290603".

I HAVE ALREADY REGISTED ON YOUR "DO NOT DISTRUB" FACILITY FOR NOT GETTING UNWANTED SMS. AFTER THAT ALSO I GOT SMS FROM YOU AND GET DEDUCTED RS. 3/SMS FROM THE LAST ONE WEEK.

DAILY I GOT 3 MESSAGES FROM 290603 AND GET DEDUCED RS. 9/DAY FROM LAST 1 WEEK.
I HAVE ALREADY CALLED TO AIRTEL CALL CENTRE 121. THEY SAID THERE IS NOT FACILITY ACTIVATED ON YOUR NO. BUT AFTER THAT ALSO I GET MESSAGES.

SO PLEASE BLOCK THIS THOUTH OF THE DAY FACILITY FROM MY NO. [protected] AND REFUND MY DEDUCTED AMOUNT AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.

THANKING YOU

YOURS FAITHFULLY
KEDAR P. MAINDE.
([protected])

Airtel Mobile — Fraud -prepaid no cancelled without my knowledge

i am having airtel prepaid no. [protected]. i kept for frequent use of this no. previously it is postpaid no i converted in to prepaid and with 999 voucher made lifetime prepaid.

but in last month i try to use this no. its show sim registration failed . i enquired about this to helpline they told this no is cancelled and then removed from our prepaid database and given to fresh selling. now you wont get this no. reason is "non usage of 90 days".

but my question is why the did not tell about this. because they have my residence no all my contact details. and without confirming with me how they can cancelled this no and then given to fresh selling.

i mailed to nodal office they also answering same that you wont get this no becuase of removal from database.

while giving this no airtel taking all my legal contact document. why they did not use for contact me. also for the lifetime use i recharge 999 voucher. now this money is waste.

this is really fraud becuase a number alloted to a customer. while cancelling this number airtel do no considered concern of the alloted customer.

i need my number back. please help me.

My number is [protected]. Even i am facing similar complaint. I am getting Movie Updates, which I have not subscribed to from 290603. Also when i msg STOP to 121, it says there are no Value added services activated.

From the past five days that I have used my cell, I have lost Rs 15/-

Can anyone please look into this.

Pooja
Hello I also have being conned by Airtel I also receive love tips where as i have not subscribed for it . Infact my number was not working and still these messeges where coming and charging me 3 Rs . when i called 121 they say no VAS is activated on my number . Airtel stop fooling and robbing people . And look why these services are getting activated automatically ..
Naresh
I am also getting daily messages from 290603 which deducts Rs 3 daily from my card. This has been happening from last 1 month. I too have never subscribed to any of these services. Please get this problem solved ASAP.

AirTel — Unwanted message from 290603

I am receiving this unwanted SMS from 290603 for which 3 Rs are deducted. I started getting it around 10 days back around 2 to 3 message daily. This is ridiculous and annoying.

My cell number is [protected].

I do not know why Airtel is not doing anything for this as I see many such Issues.Please stop this unwanted service and put the money charged on the same.

- Arun

Airtel prepaid mobile — Subscription of unwanted topics

I have an airtel prepaid connection on my mobile and the airtel people hav activated Mitti ke Rang Service without my permission. I am being charged Rs 30 every month for no good reason. I am not even using it and this service is of no use to me. Please deactivate this service as soon as possible.
Thankyou,
Devika Mehra

My PHONE NO:[protected] CANCEL SMS FROM 290603

Airtel prepaid mobile — undesired calls from

It is un-fortunate that without the permission of subscriber you people have registered me for Friendship calls. Despite my repeated requests to de-register from this club at your customer care cell, I continue to receive calls. Case in point is today (26th July '09 at 12.41 pm).
If I still continue to receive calls then I WILL APPROACH CONSUMER FORUM.
DR. Sonali Asnani
Surgeon
Mobile No.: [protected]
I am getting unauthorized call from one mobile no([protected])to my mobile no. please i want this no identification/ address.
they have done that to me too and without my knowledge but i have got no messages and still amount of more than 100 rs. deducted.
called today for dnd registry and was told this sim is not registered under my name. wonder if they have given my no. to somebody else who has activated this service or it is mischief by airtel people themselves to make money out of you.
They have done same thing to me also ...airtel have deducted 220Rs without any subcription, some unwanted msg come from 290603 and every time some some msg come airtel deduct 3Rs as a VAS usage, but this is wrong i have never subscribed for ant such service.I have thought this might problem of my handset setting so i have formated the handset also but deduction still continue.
I have also been having the same problem.my number is [protected].

Airtel — Unwanted Activation of VAS services.

This is Ashish Upadhyay.
My Airtel Cell number is[protected] .

i am getting messages from number 290603 - Thought for the day and Love tips.

i had never suscribed for the services and still i am getting messages.
as of now i have recieved 6 messages and already 18 Rs. deducted.

i want to make sure that i should not get this kind of message again and i need my 18 Rs refund back in my prepaid account.

Right now i am out of india and now i left low balance. because of this unwanted services, i am loosing my money which i need to kept balance in my prepaid account.

please do the needful at earliest.

hoping forward for your action at earliest.

Ashish Upadhyay
Please stop sending the unwanted messages from 290603
You can stop this messages by sending UNS to 52906
Even though my complaint was resolved. It has started again. Airtel is virtually robbing us. My no. Is [protected]
EVEN I M FACING SAME PROBLEM
MY NO IS
Hello

I'm also getting "Thought for the day" and "Love tip" for the last 4 days. Like many people, who are victims of this robbery, I also haven't subscribed from 290603. Rs.27 have been deducted from account. Please, consider this matter seriously.

Airtel