Snake Help Line At Bhubaneswar, Orissa — Snake helpline, May not help snakes

S K Mishra
There are so many snakes are rescued from the state of Orissa during the past few years. But I don't feel that all had been recorded and the staffs of this NGO practically helps/rescue the snakes. Once I got chance to witness the incident of catching a snake, (a king Cobra)by a renouned member of this NGO. He demand some money from the person who call him after catching the snake and receive without any receipt. I ask him whether you will hand over this snake to Nandan Kanana or any other Govt/Private organization where this snake can be kept. But he replied that this snake will be released in forests where he can live independently without harming the people. But I doubt, because I heard that this type of snake(Cobra Group)have a good demand in national/international market. I doubt that these people doing some business in disguise. Necessary steps should be taken by the organizers of this NGO and Govt. also.

Comments

In the history of Bhubaneswar one & only king was caught on Dec. 2006 by snake researcher Dr Pratyush Mohapatra from Jaydev Bihar near Biju Pattnaik College which was then rehabilitated in Nandankanan Zoo. It is still there quite healthy. Which king cobra was Mr Mishra refering to? For the kind information Mr Mishra zoos can keep an animal only after permission of the Chief Wild Life Warden of the respective states. Mr Mishra will be pleased that even rescuing a snake from a distressed house is also a crime under Wild Life Protection Act 1972. So Mr Mishra can complain of hunting. And he must know that no privategovt. organisation is there to keep snakes in Odisha. About Snake Helpline- it is registered under the Societies of Registration Act.Mr Mishra will be dancing with joy by knowing the fact that though many persons in Odisha catch snakes, Snake Helpline is the FIRST & ONLY ONE in the state to get licence from CWLW of Odisha to rescue & rehabilitate snakes till date. About money- 70% snakes rescued free of cost. 15 cobras & rat snakes rescued from frpm SECREATARIATE building free of cost. Not a single pie taken from slums. But how do you expect free service when Snake helpline is not at all funded either by govt.private.And where is Mihraji when Snake helpline volunteers fight for their lives in ICUs.
Hi, the said debate definitely not healthy if not provided with real facts and figures. Acquisitions are certainly not Unconstitutional but please be more specific with facts to support your argument. You by not doing so are obstucting some noble actions of a respectable institution.
Where is snake help line in Barbil, Keonjhar.Orissa
Please give snake helpline Telephone Number of Bhubaneswar (Orissa).
Snake Helpline is a very good organisation as it helps the society. If they are asking money there is nothing to worry. The simple Question is "Why they help you by spending money from their pocket and also taking a lot of risk to their life"
please share bhubaneswar snake helpline contact number.

Individual — Snakes in the society

Dear Sir, I am resident of Ravi Garden, Manjari Buddrik, Pune-Solapur Road, Pune-412307, Maharashtra. Everyday there are snakes found in the society residential area due to large agricultural fields behind the society and some area of the fields is not mantained where wild shrubs grow and become breeding ground for snakes. This is a threat to people living in the society and also to the snakes, however no action has been taken by civil authorities so far. Appreciate your kind attention.
Hello there adding something to it... just few hours back I call the snake helpline number thought it to be a government organization that catching snakes for free.once I call he received and said to be there in 30 min, I m very glad at the service he offered at night where I thought no body even budge to but later be asked for Rs 400 which he didn't not inform me by phone..I got no idea they will ask for money as he helped us so instead of denying him I gave him 200 but he denied and stared arguing with me. He has an id he said he belongs to the snake helpline a private organization so I formally said he should have informed about the money they are charging..and worst part he did instead of taking the snke with him he called his official, I don't know what the conversation all about he took out the snake from his bag threw it in front of our house...and said it's not our responsibility if the snake enters again...so adding to the point Mr snake helpline..what kind of service is that

Snake Help Line At Bhubaneswar, Orissa - Snake helpline, May not help snakes