[Resolved] Vodafone — Free gifts not received
I changed from Prepaid to Postpaid connection for my wife's number and my own number in January 2008. We were surprised to get two free vacation vouchers for three days and two nights on doing so.
In October 2008 I bought a new postpaid connection from the Vashi Vodafone store. There were two offers on display at that time:
1) Free vacation voucher for three days and two nights on purchase of Postpaid connection
2) Free Giordano watch on payment of first Postpaid bill
1) The executive who booked my number informed me that the voucher would be delivered to me after verification of details within a week
2) If I opted for the Giordano watch offer I would not be entitled for the Rs. 500/- security deposit refund.
I agreed for both and left. After 10 days when I went to inquire about my free gifts the store manager Mr. Wasim asked me 'Who said you would get these free gifts?' When I gave him all the information he started giving vague answers and even challenged me to go to the Consumer Court. I pointed out to the free gifts display signs, which he asked his staff to remove immediately.
Fortunately I immediately clicked the display signs on my Cellphone camera. Then to my surprise Mr. Wasim instructed the security to stop me from leaving the store unless I deleted the photos. I refused and I called the Police and Times of India immediately.
On seeing the Police and TOI Reporter, Mr. Wasim immediately removed his name badge and refused to provide any details to the Police or TOI. He then promised me in front of them that he would arrange to send me these free gifts. He scribbled a number on a piece of paper and said this is my complaint number and he would dispatch the free gifts when they arrived.
As on date I have not received any of these free gifts. This is how Vodafone cheats its customers:
1) They announce these free gifts only through display signs.
2) Nothing is given in writing and the free gift is explained orally to the customer (which can later be denied, as in my case)
Consumers please be careful of this fraud company called Vodafone.
Was this information helpful?
Aug 14, 2020Complaint marked as Resolved