HDFC Life — regarding surname change in policy

pbhatia1983 on Oct 23, 2017
My policy no. Is 15008215 in the name of preeti manchanda, i want to get my surname update in the policy after marriage surname is preeti bhatia, i have aadhar card, pan card, driving license and bank statement as proofs but they are not accepting any proof. I have given same proofs to reliance life insurance and they have already done the changes. I don't understand why they are demanding other proofs. I made a complaint also regarding this and again they have sent me the letter stating that you have to provide so and so documents for surname change which they already told me in the branch. They say you have to give marriage certificate which is not mandatory now a days, even for passport marriage certificate is not mandatory, you make fool of people while selling policies don't tell these things after taking the policy you don't co-operate with people, i don't understand if anyone else can accept pan card, aadhar card why can't hdfc life do this. Reliance has done the changes with same documents. I don't want to continue with hdfc life, please do the needful. It is really cheating.

[Oct 23, 2017] HDFC Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
HDFC Life Customer Care's response, Oct 23, 2017
Hi, we have already replied to you via letter dated October 13, 2017 informing about the set of documents required for processing your request for correction in surname. Kindly provide the same for us to get your request processed ASAP.
Updated by pbhatia1983, Oct 28, 2017
I know i have already received reply from your end but why can't you people accept pan card and aadhar card and bank proof for name change... Please reply this question when passport authorities can accept these proofs, bank can accept anf Reliance life can accept so can't you people, i am not satisfied with your answer...
Updated by pbhatia1983, Oct 29, 2017
Pls reply... Hdfc life
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

+91 22 6751 6666 [Corp. Office]
    12th & 13th Floor, Lodha Excelus, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Road, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400011
    HDFC Life - regarding surname change in policy