Mumbai Traffic Police

25/Sir Pochkhanwala Road, Worli
Mumbai City District

Bad

Mumbai Traffic Police Complaints & Reviews

There is illegal parking in front of our building gate, some or other unknown person parks their car in front of our gate...

Traffic Jam every day from Maheshwari udyan bridge to Portuguese Church Dadar.

It has been observed that the MMRDA work is going on simultaneously on all the three roads.
1. NC Kelkar Road (Plaza to Kabutarkhana),
2. Ram Maruti Road (Plaza connecting road to Ranade Road & Gokhale Road opposite Plaza)
3. Gokhale Road (Near Portuguese Church Signal and Sushrusha Hospital Signal).
All these are alternate roads to From Plaza to Church gate are blocked creating huge traffic on Dadar TT Circle.
All maintenance work at a time at all the places responsible for huge traffic jam near plaza upto maheshwari udyan bridge. It is surprising to see unplanned permission given for maintenance creating and manual unsynchronised traffic handling by traffic police creating trouble to public and wastage of Petrol, Gases, Diesel (National Wealth). Every year public is facing such situation somewhere in mumbai from October to May from around last 10 years and still it is unresolved.
Request you to look in to the matter seriously and investigate the cause.
Nov 18, 2016

Mumbai Traffic Police customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Its been observed that parking lost of vechile like pvt and commercial in bmc road from jeevan nagar chowk to jeevan nagar gate its diffcult to get our vechile inside the gate and if any thing like emegency fire or abulance vechile pass, its not possible to them because both side of the road people are parking the vechiles, in front of our gate 7 mtrs also they r not leaving...
    O do the needfull
    Nov 07, 2016

I am residing at Triveni Nagar, Malad (E) from 1994 and since then till now I have not seen any towing vehicles in my area. Is it traffic police is afraid of towing illegally park vehicles in pathanwadi, kurar village malad east.
      I wish to bring to your notice that traffic from triveni nagar to highway via pathanwadi is caos 24 ×7 just because illegally parked rickshaws, Tempos and Trucks.
      If we try to speak to them then we are inviting problems it seems. We as an individual can't do but I don't think they are above government. Just once anybody from your team visit these place then u will come to know what is intolerance. Its now or never Sir.
      Oct 22, 2016

Sir at malad east station traffic police don't have manners to speak to ladies.They give bad words to ladies so I kindly request to take a strick action to it and they are all corrupt they don't make the fine receipt when they catch they take fine and keep it in their pocket and we asked for the fine receipt they started giving bad words and that also to ladies.So i kindly request to take strictly action on it
        Oct 21, 2016

I book this taxi from domestic airport counter after comes out from airport he give me bad words that time if I had guest...

Inspite of numerous complaints this Tempo nuisance at Nagpada isn't stopping, everyday we have struggle to park our vehicle just because they have created Tempo stand. Some corporate some on asking to move abuse and fight with us. On calling traffic department before towing van comes all Tempo vanishes and they say "Humara setting hai aap kuch nahi kar sakte"

It's my sincere request to traffic department to take strict action against this. We shop owners face lots of trouble everyday.

DIPESH DHOKA

BAITUL AMAN CHS,
          2 MAULANA AZAD ROAD, NAGPADA JUNCTION,
          MUMBAI - 12
          TEL - [protected]
          Oct 17, 2016

We all are united towards the noble cause of eradicating corruption, but lets be honest, there are occasions when we decide to pay that constable a bribe rather than loosing our licence to them. Who wants to visit the traffic police station filled with corrupt rude and disrespectful people with government uniforms. Majority o[censored]s are also aware about the charges for common offences, but somehow the constables who stop you will ALWAYS quote something completely irrelevant and 10 times the actual charge. Such perfect presentation leaves the common motorist with two options, either pay the bribe and walk away or pay the higher amount and also loose your licence. Rather than standing by the right side, most o[censored]s decide to feed the hungry constables.
            On 15th of October 2016, I was riding home from work, exiting the eastern express highway onto the Ghatkopar-Mankhurd link road (Jeejabai Bhosale Marg). Being low on fuel, i decided to join onto the freeway from under the flyover. i made the decision as it cut shorts about 1.5 km to reach the nearest fuel station. However, I was wrong and was aware of this fact too. It was riding at a maximum of 50 kmph. As I was merging from the entry ramp, i was signaled to stop by two constables. I indicated, rode onto the marked safe side and parked behind them.I had my helmet on, along with my riding gloves. And was carrying all my documents.
            Before you question, yes I was in the wrong to take the freeway. I was asked the same by the constable, I explained the situation, admitting to the wrong, And was very polite and respectful . I was then asked to produce my licence. Which i did without hesitation, but from previous experiences, I knew it was a start of MONEY EXTRACTION. I proactively informed them, that my father is in the Government Services and that I reside not very far away. I was then educated how difficult it is to get a job in government services, and how I should thank my dad for gifting me this bike and my clothes. Additionally I was asked to be more careful while riding. To which i nodded and agreed to. They also added that the fine would be Rs.1200, and I'l[ have to submit my licence. I apologized again, asking to be left without a charge. I was then asked to pay a bribe, which I refused to. The constable asked me to pay the bribe about 20 times in 20 different ways, even commenting "you are dressed well and riding a new bike, you should have atleast 100-200 in your wallet". I refused all of the 20 times. At this, i knew the inevitable was coming. So after a little more discussion, I looked the other way while i was being charged. They took about 2 minutes, with the other constable continuously nagging "187..., 187..., ..." and some other things in Marathi. When handed over the receipt, I quietly folded it and rode off.
            On my way home and after fueling up, I visited a local traffic police beat and referred to a chart of fines. I quickly learned I was charged Rs.1200, a 200 rupee charge(174RRR) for riding on the wrong side/wrong road and a 1000 rupee charge(184MA) for rash/rough riding. RASH RIDING. For once, a charge of irresponsible riding would have come slightly close.

After a moment of thought, I laughed to myself, feeling amused how tricky the constables were. I can never allow myself to pay a bribe, even though i ended up paying 1000 more than what i could have gotten away with.

I agree its a difficult job to stand in the sun monitoring traffic. Gets worse when its raining for months. Or when manual labor is required to keep the traffic moving. But being charged for something that you have not done! What a shame! Just recently the fines were increased too! Its a great thought to increase fines for offences, but what misses is a regulatory body to monitor the charges being made. but who has time for that, or maybe corruption has seeped so deep into the roots that India can never see a positive change.

Please share if you have come across a similar incident. Make others aware of the same too. Let us truly devote ourselves to eradicate corruption.
            Oct 15, 2016

I agree with you Vipul... Corruption in Mumbai Traffic police has become a standard way of operating, a business rule. Seems like they aren't paid enough or may be not fully motivated/informed about the moral values, respect, critical nature of their jobs so they usually target public (& their hard earned money ) who are generally not aware of the traffic rule violation & like your instance, they are used to scare people by stopping on any violation of their choice like crossing on yellow light/entering a one-way & impose you big add-ons on rash driving, etc. (though you might not even involved with either of these offenses) to either get bribes or their challan targets completed... It's a big scam... Only one way that could save us from this illegal Hafta-vasooli. All the violations should be recorded (traffic police to actually use some evidences, Mumbai eye project having 6000 CCTV cameras monitoring Mumbai may help) & then the violating individual to be charged only for the amount of violation being made... It should not be a misuse of power by traffic police but a transparent & citizen centric public service

Dear Sir-

My bike was picked up on 14-Oct-2016 outside of Pawai Supreme Business park. I have parked my bike within Yellow Line zone. But even they took my bike to the L&T Stand in Pawai Traffic office. When I reached there around 14-Oct-2016 10:35 PM approx I got the lady officer and explained her situation. but she denied all and kept telling on receipt it is mentioned bike was parked cross and in front of Gate Finally Checking my Doc she asked me to pay Rs 2100/-. As I paid her Rs 2100/- but she was not ready to provide complete receipt for the same and said if I want receipt come tomorrow at 8AM. I asked her again if I would get complete Rs 2100/- amount receipt tomorrow, she denied and said it will be around Rs 1200/- Receipt I will get. I argument with her again and she asked me come tomorrow if I want half amount receipt at the same time by paying Rs 2100/- At last she took 1500/- Rs and did not provide me any receipt. I recognize the Lady officer by face. Kindly Check the issue.

Bike number is MH-8497 Activa Black color

Avinash Kumar
              Oct 15, 2016

We are working in poonam chamber, worli, mumbai. The traffic signal adjacent to atria mall is not working since last few months....

Inspite of no parking boards there is haphazard parking all over chembur camp. Traffic cops are seen only on non operating signal taking extracting money from tanker drivers and commercial vehicles. Complaints have fallen on deaf ears and no action has been initiated
                with so many schools in the area there is accident waiting to happen every day. Why do these cops not station themselves at key locations where there are traffic jams daily
                Oct 05, 2016

Oct 08, 2016
                Updated by sundeep j bhawsar
                What is the line of action initiated. I will forward to Fadnavis for further action

R T O officer holds the signal of traffic moving from airoli towards mulund, bombay and thane

It takes 45 minutes to travel from airoli bridge to mulund

The signals are been manually operate by the officers

Please do the needful this is harresement

It is the routine of everyday it takes lots of pain to drive in such a traffic

Please resolve the problem
                  Oct 04, 2016

Two weeler with out helmet ka kya find hi ye muje jan na hi kya find me pulish ko de sakta hu ya court me hi jana pade ga polish men very rudely bat karte hi une mane licence jama karva ya hi muje janna hi ki find ka amount kya hi with out helment ka police only two weller vale ko hi kyu pakad ti hi kya two weeler rider hi ruels ko todte hi four weeler wele kya rule ko mante hi kyaplz muje ye batav ki find kya hi with out helment ka
                    Oct 02, 2016

Https://youtu.be/Z6mlajsNcXQ

This is with regards to parking cars in no parking zone @ chembur bezzola complex,
                      There are 2 dealer...

Hello team,

This is regarding the signal timings changing from green to red. Past 2-3 weeks the timing between the two has drastically reduced to seconds which has led to tremendous traffic jamm. The area is Chembur Amar mahal junction and the signal showing for the road from Chembur to ghatkopar I.e from fine art flyover towards ghatkopar. Please take immediate action as the time taken to reach the destination has increased from 30 mins to 1 hour

Thanku
                      Sep 28, 2016

Today I was driving my bike and accidentally i jumped signal and when cop (Shivaji jadav badge no:-25893) asked me to stop so i stopped my vehicle and i was co operating with him.he ask me to pay him 1200 rs. for signal jump.Since i was not having any cash to pay him at the moment so he got irritated on me and asked me to attend court and pay amount in court. Officer gave me the receipt with offence 239/A and 184. as per offence 239/A is for signal jump charges RS 100. but offence 184 means for rash riding charges rs 1000. which i didnt do it and he denied to cut the offence and told do whatever you want to do.

now anyhow i have to pay 1200 rs.for no reason.is this the way traffic police are doing their duty and replied which i got from police officer do whatever you want to do..please help me in this situation.

maninder Singh
                        Sep 27, 2016

I purchased 5 small steel tanks from the shop of fanaswadi which were weighing up to max 7.5 kg & same was to haul at bit...
                          Hi, The lokhandwala main market lane is a menace for drivers. people do double parking, some leave the car running and go...

On the road from D. N. Nagsr (Andheri W) to Cosmopolitan School, there are 2 lanes from where traffic emerges and just blocks the entire traffic on the main road.

Traffic remains stuck for 15 minutes on this stretch, for no reason.

This problem is prevalent for so long and nothing is being done about it.

Please make one lane one way and post a traffic cop on the other Lane from where the traffic emerges, to save time, fuel and so much pollution.
                          Sep 23, 2016

Dear sir/madam,
                            This is to raise a complaint for the heavy traffic jam in shilphata area.
                            Shilphata area is...