Sify Broadband

Chennai
Chennai District
Tamil Nadu

Awesome

Sify Broadband related photos (4)

Complaints with pictures are more trusted and informative    View all

Sify Broadband Complaints & Reviews

rohit
i am using SIFY broadband internet connection.
speed is too much slow ,,when i am going to open any website that is taking long time (7 minutes),,
many times i call to customer care and told speed is very less..not good .. every time they repling to me that"today evening your problem will solve.
but never they attend my problem ..

and if we recharge example:250rs .then they are taking 100 rupee extra for Line maintenance .. it means total =250x100=350. this is costly.. why they are collecting 100rs. extra.
if 100 rupee they are taking after that "they are not solving to my problem..
really sify server should BOMB blast ,,damage,,,fire,,Crash x
i am not happy with sify internet..xx

rohit
bangalore
india
[protected].

Sify Broadband — Internet working slow while browsing

To whom so ever it may concern, this to bring to your notice that when I revewed my sify connection I was informed speed of Internet will be 256 kbps but while browsing it gives me a speed like 18-20 kbps becasue when I try to open any page it takes aroung 25-30 sec.

Kindly check the same and resolve or else I will have to change my service provider after this month.

It would be appreciated if you call me on [protected] for more details or other alternative contact is to email me i.e., [protected]@yahoo.com.

Thanks & Regards
Subendhu Das
Hi Friends,
I am also using from Sify internet connection for last 5 months...I have taken 256 kbps plan...but most of time like in a month only 10 days net working and reaming 20 days totally dead...Like even i can't open and login in gmail, gtalk..or any other sites...And right now i am continue contacting CC...but there is no solution...And at last they told me that due to maintenance work in your area, you may experience slow browsing for a few days...we regret the inconvenience...
Now at last i am going to take another internet connection...like Tata, or Airtel etc...

Hello everyone...This is my humble request to all that...Please nobody take sify internet connection in future...totally ford, 420 nothing else...i am informing you as per my really very very bad experience with sify internet...I am getting very loss in my business by using sify internet...

Gyan Singh
Sahibabad, Ghaziabad

hitesh ahire
    I am one the customers of this service provider SIFY....who sucks big time....they have the worst technology seen so far....the internet usage rules cannot even be taught to a doctor or an engineer....they are not transparent about their internet usage rules...and in case lights go off in your region you have to spend more money calling these on phone and beg them to log off....and their phone lines are so busy you wouldhave to wait for 10 - 15 mins on the line and in the end you would get to hear all the here are busy drop your mobile number and one of the willl call you back within 1 hour....i have never received a call so far....and by that time 2 -3 days are deducted from your validity period....i bought 3 months unlimited package jus a weeek ago...now my validity period is jus for 2 months.....they have deducted my vaidity by 1 month.....i wish i could break their office and teach them a lesson....any suggestion please let me know guys

MEHUL SHAH
      hello
      i m using the sify broadband & i m having the problem in getting connect my vpn through ur isp........
      i m locatated at bhayander west balaji nagar, but ur bhayander branch or even ur customer care unit is not able to solve my problem.........
      so, just tell me that what to do or else i have to go more futher. with this complaint...
      i m a stock broker & facing to much problem......

my contact no. is +91 [protected]
      mehul shah bhayander west.......
      hello,
      i m using sifybroad band connection since 3 months and the services which they provide is not up to the mark. I m fed up of their services, and on complaining also no single action is taken from their side, in a month I hav 2 call the service provider several times our half of the money is wasted on calls which I make them then too they r unmoved.
      though I provide the payment on time then 2 after every 10 days they show our account expired. what is all this.besides that their behaviour is more painful 2 us. last year also just becoz of their ill behavior i disconnected sifybroad band connection but only on their assurance again i agree to connect sifybroad band but even now they couldnt provide proper services.
      AND I REQUEST U PLEASE DO TAKE SERIOUS ACTION AGAINST THEM.

I REQUEST EVERY INTERNET USERS NEVER TO USE A.P. INTERNET (BUSINESS ASSOCIATES) SIFYBROAD BAND.
      OWNER MR.A.C.SRIVASTAVA
      CONTACT HIM AT-[protected]
      3/3 AMINABAD ROAD, GANESH GANJ,
      LUCKNOW.

i m an advocate facing too much problems...
      contact me on-[protected]
      158/48, GANGA PRASAD ROAD, OPP. AMINABAD INTER COLLEGE, MOLVIGANJ LUCKNOW.
      The problem with Sify is that they provide last mile connectivity to end user through Business Associates (BSA)who are not tech savvy but just some banias. These BSAs get Sify via a wired line from the local Sify's city office or franchise. The method of distribution is via a single line starting from these ma-do-chod BSA's office tied around street lamps splitting along the way as subscribers join. If there is a problem for one subscriber there techs work on the distributor from where the connection is coming thereby disrupting service to all subscribers down the line. This implies that the nearer you are to the ma-do-chod BSA's office the lesser the chances of disruption of service. Sify is only concerned about getting its tariffs, which is collected by these BSA's who also charge Rs. 100/month/subscriber for (no) maintenance. This is the way Sify works all over India.

I not think that Sify's wireless connectivity will be any better. This will again be routed through these very ma-da-chod BSAs who will provide last mile connectivity via wireless rather than wired. Disgruntled past subscribers of respective BSAs have been cutting the wired connection at many places thereby increasing the downtime. How these bania BSAs are going to provide wireless broadband remains to be seen. Sify does not want to involve itself directly with subscribers in terms of tariff collection. Their online collection via credit card will not help get continued service unless one pays the monthly charge of Rs. 100 to their BSA rascals.

The situation is the same with other private broadband service providers like AirTel, Tata Indicom (whose BSA are known for their profanity skills), and dying Reliance (dis) Communications.

Read all about it at http://deshikhabar.blogspot.com/

I am Rajesh Kumar Sharma, Lucknow

After solving that problem, repeat that problem i.e. request time out
      I have already many complain registered to customer care Lucknow
      Your company gives me 7 day compensation pack on dated 2 Feb 2008
      On dated 17 Feb, 2008 connection not working properly
      from dated 17 feb, 2008 to 23 feb, 2008 I can't use connection .
      Now on dated 24 Feb, 2008 connection now working for 2 days
      On dated 26 Feb, connation was stopped
      Mr.Umesh was hold the device and give to Apex network, indira nagar office
      On dated 4 March, 2008 device was establish in my home and provide connection
      That connection was for 13 days
      On dated 18 march, connection stop by local franchisee and said to me that if you renew your account than I provide your service otherwise
      I not give you connection
      But my connection validity was expired on 23 March, 2008
      That I am say to Mr. Pawan Singh but connection was stop

On dated 2 April, 2008 I am renew my account
      But in my login detail my account is access by another person's IP address
      My account is access by another person in month Feb, March also but I am not know because
      I am not having details of login
      When I complain to customer care for giving me details of login details then company provide me login details

Then saw in login detail that my account was login by another IP in different dates

Now device was hold by Umesh o dated 3 April, 2008

And say to me from Pawan Singh device is damage & if you want to continue connection then you pay new device amount

Than I am say that one time charge the amount of device further why I am charge amount of device?

I want to know about name & Address of IP, which are login my account without my permission

That request was already ask to customer care & Pawan Singh but no anybody provide me name & address of different IP user

This IPs is: 1. 10.42.55.3
      2. 10.42.55.4
      3. 10.42.55.200

Now once again I request to you that please give me details of above mention IP & solve my problem.
      Due to this problem of connection I can’t complete my project work.
      Sify & Mr. Pawan Singh is responsible for that .

Yours

After solving that problem, repeat that problem i.e. request time out
      I have already many complain registered to customer care Lucknow
      Your company gives me 7 day compensation pack on dated 2 Feb 2008
      On dated 17 Feb, 2008 connection not working properly
      from dated 17 feb, 2008 to 23 feb, 2008 I can't use connection .
      Now on dated 24 Feb, 2008 connection now working for 2 days

Now device was hold by Umesh o dated 3 April, 2008

This IPs is: 1. 10.42.55.3
      2. 10.42.55.4
      3. 10.42.55.200

Due to this problem of connection I can’t complete my project work.
      Sify & Mr. Pawan Singh is responsible for that .

Yours
      Rajesh Kumar Sharma
      User ID : rajeshkumar_an
      Mobile no. : [protected]

Prashanth Babu
        I took a Sify Broadband Connection in early 2006, when I was in BTM Layout, Bangalore. I had to shell out Rs.2000/- as the installation charges and during installation, I was told that if I shift my place from anywhere to anywhere in Bangalore, I would be getting my Sify Broadband Connection by just paying the reinstallation charges ie just Rs.200/-. I was a prompt payer and used to recharge it everymonth for unlimited usage for around Rs.700/-.
        In April, 2007, I shifted my house from BTM Layout to JPNagar (which is just 4.5kms from BTM Layout) in Bangalore itself and from then on, till last week, I have been calling up Sify guys for changing the address. They took my new address 12 times and each time, they said that the address is not updated in their database. And each time, I got a new Complaint #. And also, each time they gave new dates for restoration of the broadband connection. Just last to last week, they told me that if I require broadband, then I need to shell out 2000/- again, as the operator is different in JPNagar. Their Customer Care guy was bloody rude. I told him about the promise which was given to me during the installation. He simply smiled and said, if you pay the installation charges, you will get your Sify connection back. I dint understand what to do. I asked how many such Sify operators are there in Bangalore. He said there are 300+ operators. That implies if I shift my house from one area to another area, everytime I have to shell out 2k rupees for this third class service of Sify????
        Shame on these guys. Promise and offer something and then do exactly opposite. If this is the way business is done, then they may earn money in short-term. But, long-term wise, they are going to lose everything.

SHAME ON YOU SIFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        And its CUSTOMER CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        comment about sify::

this is useless service.

Sify Broadband — Installation of connection

On 15th Nov 08, I have paid Rs.1500 to Sify Broadband agent Mr.Santosh with the promise that they will install internet connection to my residence by next day morning 10:00 am. Next 4 days I kept on trying the mobile number given by them.

Then I have written so many emails & also called customer care many times explaining what had happened. Most of the time they have given promise of solve my problem. Untill 24th Nov night no body shown up to my residence from Sify. After waiting for almost 10 days I have travelled to Afghanistan to resume my job. On 25th I got email from Sify saying that they are waiting for my society permission letter for entering in our premises. No one from Sify contacted me for this letter before. Immediately I have arranged letter through my wife from our society.

Till date (12-Jan-09 almost two months from payment date) no body has shown up to my residence for the connection. In due couse I have written so many emails to their customer care & now even customer care is not responding my emails.

Very recently I have requested them to refund my payment & cancel my application of internet connection. I am still waiting updates from Sify on this.

I seek your advice & help in this matter. I will be travelling back to India in Feb-09.

Thanks & Regards
        Pramod Mane
        Never go for Sifi at any cost...Its useless service they will torture a lot with out giving you connection properly.

Manojkumar Konasani
          I took Sify broad-band service 18 months before paying INR 1000(NON-Refundable) + INR 500(Refundable) as part of Installation charges and the recipet is with me.
          On Nov'2007 the connection was broke for about 20 days and I didn't get any response from service guys and poor response from customer care.I switched to BSNL broadband and demanded my refundable money INR500 and the money leftout on the package that is being used.
          Sify replied back saying that they won't collect any installation money and it is their business assosiates who deal with it.Sify agreed to return back only the left out mony on the package.
          When call the local business executive,he is saying he won't refund back anything.
          Where should I go to get my money back?

Manojkumar

Sify Broadband — NON REFUND

i applied for the connection in december 2007, it took more than one month and there was no response from the company. Then i approached my local distributor for the refund in FEB 2008. He blatantly refused to refund the amount. I was shocked when i received to renew my account and it was not installed only, how could they call for renewal.

I paid a total of Rs. 1031/- out of which Rs. 600 were installation charge only.

Kindly help me in the matter.

My order reference number is 46499

i paid the maount by cheque and furnish the statement if required.

thanking you