Sify Broadband

Chennai
Chennai District
Tamil Nadu

Awesome

Sify Broadband related photos (4)

Complaints with pictures are more trusted and informative    View all

Sify Broadband Complaints & Reviews

Vipin Sahni

This is Vipin Sahni, unfortunately I have been using the Sify's broadband connection from the 7 months now. My id is vipin_137 . I am residing in Yamaha Vihar, Sector 49, Noida.

I usually use their D4NL subscription for my usage i.e the 400MB + unlimited night access from 10PM till 08:00 AM in the morning.

To my surprise I received the call yesterday(04/03/09) stating that my subscription has expired on 03rd March, which I have renewed on 24 Feb '2009 ideally it should last till 24 March. Now the catch they have made here is that in order to use the unlimited option in the night you need to logout and then relogin after 10:00 PM.

Now I have not used the connection on 03rd March and nor downloaded any stuff, then how can my subscription got exhausted.This is still a mystery, they are again asking money to renew it.They might have given the same login to somebody else to use it and want to charge me for that. which is not at all acceptable to me.!!

Also their customer care people are very uncooperative and are forcing me to renew the account with more money.

I would request if anybody could help me !!

Vipin Sahni
+91 [protected]

Sify.com — Internet Connectivity failure

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am a retail user of internet staying at Mumbai. My user id is adity asarode, my compaint is about the connetivity failure since i have installed Sify connection at my residence which is not being rectified even after complaining to your regional cable personnel and marketing personnel and customer support professionals on phone. I do trading on icicidirect.com and internet connection goes faulty at 10.00 am till 4.30 as soon I used to login it used to show me some error and the site used to get cancelled and I was supposed to login again. After complaining personally and on phone to regional office in mumbai and the personnel of Sify Mr. Zulfikar nothing was done. I was promised that someone would attend my query but noone attended the state of the issue faced by me. Fed up as of now I have bought in alternate connectivity from a different service provider.

Also as on today I have sent mail to Sify.com for my complaint. Any action taken by you would be highly appreciable.

Thanks and Regards,
Chandrakant Sarode

SIFY Broadband Internet Connection — Totally ignoring customers

Everytime Sify operator comes takes money and shows that the net is connected but then as soon as he leaves with the money there is no service. This has been going on an on and even after paying close to 2500 Rs there is no net access.

Local operators are never reachble and the Customer care has been fooling me everyday saying they will send someone but no one comes even from the company.

This is the second month when I have paid but there is till no access. TECHNICALLY SIFY IS COMMITTING A FRAUD AND I WOULD LIKE TO FILE A CASE OF FRAUD AGAINST CUSTOMER CARE INCHARGE Mr. Naresh Ajwani to whom also I have mailed my plight but to no avail.

Pls pls take strict measures and pls guide me as to what legal resource I have.

I plead pls bring SIFY to book and let them know that they cant take Indian consumers for granted, cause you are there.

SIFY Broadband Internet Connection — Connectivity Problem

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am a retail user of internet staying at Patna. My user id is krishna_sharma13, my compaint is about the connetivity failure since i have installed Sify connection at my residence which is not being rectified even after complaining to your regional cable personnel and marketing personnel and customer support professionals on phone.

Last Month I have got an internet connection and since then there have been problems related to connectivity.. I have been complaining it again and again to the regional cable personnel and marketing personnel but no one had taken care of it. In the beginning it was good only for two days after that the low speed problem started and and it stood for next 7 days. the speed decreased to the extent till 10 days that I was not able to login into my account. till then my account validity was expired. and without taking my concent regional cable personnel recharged my account without rectifying the problem I was facing.

My internet connection is too slow to login and at midnight sometimes it logs in but after one hour when I try to log out.. it fails due to low connectivity. as soon as I used to login it used to show me some error and the site used to get cancelled and I was supposed to login again. After complaining personally and on phone to regional office in Patna and the personnel of Sify nothing was done. I was promised that someone would attend my query but none attended the state of the issue faced by me. Fed up as of now I have bought in alternate connectivity from a different service provider.

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna Sharma

Sify Broadband Internet Connection — Not solving my problem

my internet connection is not working since 2nd July, and i logged complaint at sify customer care center but i dint get any response please help

Sanjay

Complainant7059599
    Hi..

I have taken a broadband internet connection on 20-Jan-2009 (paid Rs. 1200 + 1124) and user id is utkarshibm at Nigdi - Pune. It is so called "Unlimited plan".

The serious complaint about the internet service is that till date I did not get connection to access internet through my login id. Everytime it shows "Cable Network is Unplugged" error in LAN connection. I am not able to acces internet in any hour within 24 hrs day. Everytime this error appers when I tried to login since 20-Jan-2009.

I have logged a complaint in customer care ([protected]) and tried to contact technician Mr. Bhagvan (M : [protected]) but till date there is no resolution and now when all came to know that this technical fault can not be resolved no one reply on customer care or cell no.

Do you dare to say me that " YES we are unable to resolve this "Cable Network is Unplugged" error and not able to provide you uninterrupted internet access (24*7) and switch over to another vendor ?"

If possible, please refund me installation charges of Rs. 1200/- since till date there is not a single minute usage of sify internet. (For what you have charged this amount I don't understand.)

Thank you.
    Utkarsh Mehta
    Pune
    M : [protected]
    Agreed
    Nigdi sucks not developed in broadband service...u hv only one option switch to tataindicom(dial 60607070 best in Nigdi) or try for bsnl data one

I took the Limited(600MB) Broadband connection on 9th March; 2009 and paid the installation charges Rs.1000. The user id is: Deepshikha_pune at Nigdi, Pune. Since then I'm regularly facing the problems with it. In a month, it doesn't work for 6-7 days at least for one or other reason and its all in vain to call customer care([protected]) or the local provider Mr. Bhagvan(M : [protected]). They just stop receiving the calls when not able to resolve the problem. I even don't get any compensation for those wasted days.

But now it has become a limit. I've got shifted nearby (Nigdi, sec-21) and before that I asked your local provider(Mr. Bhagvan) that will I get the connection there or not. He confidently told me "Yes" and also took the cable for which I paid and now the same case, it’s been more than 25 days and I am not getting the connection there. Even he stopped attending the calls and suggested me to switch to wireless Tata Indicom by paying extra charges but why should I go for that if I already have the sify connection?

I just got fed up of your services. Why do you appoint such people who can not resolve customer’s problem and are responsible in maligning the company’s reputation? Many a friends have already switched to tata indicom. I tried calling both customer care and Mr. Bhagvan but it’s been wastage of time and money both and I don’t want it any more. I think that sify broadband is always ready to take the connection charges but zero at service because customer care also provides only excuses.

If possible please refund my money since I could not use it properly due to worst sify internet service and the cable charges were also included in that which is already taken back by the local provider and now he is not ready to give it to me.

Deepshikha Agarwal
    Pune
    Yeap, I do agree that in nigdi there is no good service for brodband, I tried indicom and reliance not so impressive, right now using BSNL (Unlimited) pretty good connection :) with continous connection drop and if connection fails due to server prob, Customer Care is horrible, so every time I have go down to BSNL office and launch a complaint . But I heard good about ICC cable (Cable internet), hope if anyone have such info please share.

Rohan

sovangupta
      I am using the Sify broadband for last 4 years. On Sunday 15th feb, my connection was cut off stating that I have renewd online for last 7 months hence LCO charge is pending. However, for last 7 months LCO didnot come to collect the charges and suddenly without intimation cutting off the connection.I am doing online renewal as the service provided by LCO for renewals is hopelss. They never do the renewal on time and most of the time their numbers are unreachable.Sify is just idle on it.

regards,

Sushobhan
      Sir, This is to inform you that our account with sify is not accessing the yahoomailing service. so, consider this message as early as possible and rectify the default
      Thankyou

Rajesh Bodke
        Hello Sir,

I have been facing serious problems with SIFY vendor here.

Username – Rajeshbodke
        Add – E/301 Matoshree park, Bhandup village (E). Mumbai – 400042
        Telephone no. – [protected].

I have taken Sify broadband connection on 31st Dec 2008 from Mr. Mahesh Yadav. I paid[protected] – Installation + package) as charges upfront. Connection was on from 31st. After that I was not there for one week and never use internet connection. When I came back I saw internet was not working. I called Mr. Mahesh for the same, he told me local cable operator has stolen his complete set up box and modem. He told he will make sure to give me connection in couple of days time. Till date (today 29th Jan) he never gave me connection again. Instead he told me to use Honesty Net solution connection with his package. They were just trying to give some make shift solution without the proper SIFY connection, which I never wanted. Then I asked him to refund full 1700 Rs because I used connection hardly for couple of days.

Now Mahesh Yadav is talking very rudely and asking me to talk to cable operator who has taken his set box. He is saying installation charges will not be paid as this is for LAN wire. Can you please look into this issue. No one is picking of the phone call and not ready to talk to me.

I am really frustrated with the kind of service provided by SIFY.

The reference number for the same is : 8120016.

Then I have contacted SIFY customer support on 29th, after five days still they are not able to do anything and they keep telling me that we are still solving problem.

Please look into this issue

Immediate attention for this would be appreciated.

Rajesh

Ajay Chandreja
          Hi All,

I, Karan Chandreja, signed up for 400 MB day + Night Unlimited @ 256 kbps plan probably on the Jan 14th with a validity for 30 days. While signing up for this plan I did happen to read that the unlimited download is only post 10pm.

On Sunday Jan 25th, I started the session at 9.45 along with the computer, however at 10.15pm I started to download a large file size of 700mb which was post 10pm. To my surprise, the broadband plan expired before 1 am on the same night.

After contacting the the customer service on Jan 26th, I was made aware the a consumer needs to re-login at 10 pm in order to enjoy the unlimited during the night.

It is very misleading for any consumer, since it does not state anyhwere on the website or while signing up through your renewal portal the a consumer needs to re-login at 10 pm in order to get unlimited download. What it does state is unlimited download after 10pm.

After contacting the customer service, it was advised that there is nothing that they can do about it. Later on the same day, I spoke with B.Kaushik from Chennai, who again advised that there is nothing that can be done & also advised me to send an email to the customer service id. I was not in a position to go to a cyber café to send an email, due to the incovenience that your service has caused me, with information missing from the website. During the argument he happen to hang up on me. Also advised that he is the fianl word & there is no one above him who can help.

Today after making STD calls to your head office I finnaly got to speak with Manoj, who again reitrated the same information & advised that there is no one who can help & I should send an email. Upon asking for his manager, it was advised that he is the manager & there is no one elase above him. Finally he decided to hang up on me, since I asked for his full name.

MY CONCERNS

Why do I have to go through the inconvenience of sending an email to you guys? why cant the customer service handle these situations??

What do you have the customer service for, when the consumer have to write into you?

How can I send an email when my account got expired, due to information not mentioned on your website?

How can the Kaushik & Manoj, happen to just hang up, only because I asked for their manager??

Is it a practice that they always follow??

Are they the final level of escalation??

Its been 5 days now without internet conncetion, where in I make all my payments online & depend on the internet for all the training related information & bill payments.

Its is the sole responsibilty of sify to ensure the consumer recieves best customer service. However it is really horrifying experience, with customer service provided by Sify.

I want a complete refund for all the days I have missed out on the internet & along with free renewals, due to the kind of service I have received from you guys.

If this does not get resolved here, will be glad to take it to the next level.

Sify Broadband — service not satisfactory

i am ur existing customer but my local sify provider is not maintaining line and almost half a month i face problems.
          ya he is true, this sify broadband service providers are just sweeping away our money and not providing satisfactory services . every now n then there connection goes time out . if they cannot provide services to custoners then why do they have opened such broadband service. sorry for my hard words, but this is the reality.
          thanks,

Sify Broadband — Cannot Renew internet connection [Resolved]

Complainant9112621
            I am not able to renew my existing internet broadband connection.
            I am able to login to sur[censored]sing my existing password...

Complainant5389010
            I, Jyothi N, from ambernath have recently taken Sify broadband connection from Ambernath provider. In Mumbai, when service means, the person when called come immediately or atleast attend the day he promised. Here after repeated calling, they didn't come and even 2 buildings ahead my sister-in-law stays, they too called as they got the connection, but still didn't turn up, came when my brother-in-law went there personally. When asked about the same have lots of execuses like, they didn't inform them etc. After filling the form, as being working, I preferred Sat or Sun. whole sunday they didn't turn and when called at night informed due to transporter strike unable to make. However on Mondy when called the person informed he has been there at noon when I was not there, but forget to take my number from the office (form). What doest this means. Same went giving conection, but cables were not put properly at the terrace as my building secretary informed me and also at home. Atleast in Mumbai, and other provider, does this properly. But your sify at Ambernath states that to put cable proper at home is not their duty.

I, was informed all sorts of things by many of my well wisher, but I m such a person that i never believe blindly and never had bad experience with anyone, hence went for it. Now, I hope as my well wisher informed there will not be too many virus on my PC. Its not a matter of money, but some policy, Why though paying higher than usual (Rs.1800 for connection as they informed that my building is to interior), can't expect a good service. Also, when asking about certain things, no answer is proper which I get from Mumbai.

I m a layman, though using it i m not a continuous user of internet and not a certificat holder in computer, hence will have doubt which i hope a provider can teach us, that' what i have come acroos from the area where i work without any extra charge and i think there's no harm.

Anyway, my few days experience with sify taught me one thing that i will not recomend it to anybody of my knowledge.
            Dear Sir/Madam

I the undersigned Sify Internet customer from last two years bearing user ID TISAI210alpesh.
            From last one week their is a error in internet connection comment is like network cable not plugg properly. I have even complaint top customet care but they have not visited yet.

I humbly request please attend my complaint at the earliest.

(Alpesh)

Complainant7967099
              i am using the sify broadband service since 6 months & my plan is 1550 family pack in that plan i get a 150 mb in day time i.e. (from 8.00 am to 10.00pm ) & unlimited downloading in night time i.e. (after10.00pm to 8.00am)

but now what happen to me i will be charge even for night downloading. when i call in customer care i told them about my problem they said to me "we will look into the matter & it will be resolved within 4 to 8 hours " but after 12 hours when i called again in customer care so nobody respond positively they said "your complain is in the progress"

what should I do? I am totally fed up with these . so i want compensation regarding my problem & I need my validity 30 days more and need strong action against the concerned persons.

smriti_maindola30
                hello, i m smriti maindola staying in koparkhairne sector 20, navi mumbai.
                i have a complaint regarding poor service of sify broadband connection.its around 3months but the service is very poor.every alternate days i have to call customer care for my net connectivity issue.n every alternate days i m facing the same problem of connectivity.i dont knw its a fault of ssv cable pvt. ltd or sify broadband service.please help me out on this problem .my no. is [protected].reply as soon as possible
                hello,
                i am tanveer i live in kamothe sector 11.
                SSV internet service is very poor here in my city inspite of complaining there no one who care a damn responsible(incharge) anil has no answer to our question in kamothe nearly 650 users r there but n the no. of engg. to attend the problem r 4 to 6 this is CUSTOMER SERVICE according to SSV(sify).

i hold 3 month pacage but out of which 1month net is down with problems...

please help ...

Mr. tanveer chougle [protected]
                SSV SSV A BIG PROBLEM IN KAMOTHE
                I do have a broadband connection of Sify stay in sector 20 Koperkhairane.. the service is really poor...
                i am totally agree with u...
                i have same prob with SSV broadband .usually half of the time thr net is down.
                i wish to change my broadband connection with LAN connection so tht atleast LAN can be used when net is down
                i m too facing the same problem.net is down for hours.i[censored] cal cust care, a busy tone ll b der2 welcome u.if dey cant manage dn y d hel dey startd dis busines..
                i am customer in sify broadband in your ssv cable pvt ltd, kamothe. i have already paid your quarterly subscription & installation charges since i have not received the acknowledgment receipt, so do the needful asap.

Atish

Sify Broadband Connection — Very Poor Service [Resolved]

Suman Yadav
                  Respected Sir,
                  I have Sify Broad Band Connection for my Internate since three month.I have got every time problembr...

santosh verma
                  i am potential user of sify broadband internet connection.
                  i have recharged my accounts on previous saturday of 500 rupees but till date i am unable to use the internet connection . i have reported this information at your customer care center several times but i have not got any positive response .my address is gulmohar appartment in patna in the near of gandhi maidanand my ip address provided by sify is 10.22.26.179

SIFY BROADBAND INTERNET — SIFY BROADBAND CONNECTION

I am writing this as a warning to all Indian's who plan to take broad band connection from SIFY. They are the worst service provider on this earth. I have taken a broad band connection through their local agent Veeras world Vision in Koyambedu in Chennai by paying almost 8669 Rs. for 9 months in advance payment. These did not meet any commitments. After several weeks of follow up and threatening I get connected but it worked only one week. Since then now 4 months passed irrespective of complaints at both SIFY as well as with local till today it never worked.They are a group of cheaters making money out of people. I was mentally upset for this behaviour by using the name of SIFY and its brands. If a company can not take care of the cutomer they should not be allowed to continue in India. When you look at the documentation followed by them , you can not sue Sify at all as they do not take responsibility for the agents action but they take money ! Now I came to a conclusion. These cheaters can not be taken to court but I will scrue these in my way. Who ever did this cheating must count their days and I will meet them on the streets. A litter word in Tamil Inthe thayolikal ammave othuviduva. Punda mone yar da thayoli unne othathu.
                  Around 15 days back, i renewed my account with some 800 Rs, but after 2-3 days only, sify connectivity lost, till now i havent accessed the internet from my sify account, customer care persons simply cut the phone without answering anything. Nobody is responded what is the actual problem. Sify is such a painful service now, please go for some better service instead of sify.

SreeMahi

Iam using Sify broadband from April, 2008. From the day 1 Iam getting either LAN Cable unplugged or Unable to reach gateway error. I've spend around 1000 to call those people. I've registered complaints too. When i called they told that they will compensation for 17 days but they have given 3 days compensation.

Even last month 7 days (from 21st Aug to 28th Aug) I dont have net connection(because of LAN Cable unplugged problem). The sify branch owner(Medavakkam) came him self and corrected the problem. He raised a complaint on behalf of me for 7 day compensation. Still I didnt got any call from those people. Now I came from medavakkam to velachery. How can I get compensation for that ? Whether they will give money back (part of money which I spent atleast)?

My Id is : SreeMahi_143

Mahendra Vakati
                    Velachery

Sify Broadband — Compensation of non connectivity days

I have bad experience of non connectivity on not responding of franchisee, even after making complaint to customer care the connectivity was not proper. Out of thirty days there was no connectivity even after complaining of 10 days. So I need my validity 10 days more and need strong action against the concerned persons.
                    SIFY IS THE WORST INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER IN THIS WORLD.

NEVER EVER GO FOR SIFY BROADBAND CONNECTION, THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TECHNOLOGY SERVICES ARE HORRIBLE AND RIDICULOUS.
                    they r the worst service provider

Sify Broadband — Bad service [Resolved]

Nitin Balwantrao Kulkarni
                      I am using Sify Broadband internet service since the last 6 months. My service has never being satisfactory. In each month...

Rahul Roy
                      I have unlimited connection of 128 Kbps in day time and 256 Kbps in the night time. Whole day I am at the office but I keep downloading windows update and other things. Every night there is probelm at the gateway and this probelm has been there for more than two weeks. I have complaint to local office and there so called 24/7 call centre but there is no improvement. Once the engineer came but at that time the internet was working so he went back and the issue was mentioned as resolved.

not able to login

I have an id with sify ([protected]@sify.com). But since till time i am facing problem to login my sify site. Please rectify it soon and oblige.

Sangeeta G

It’s extremely sad to say after all this is India and poor services are acceptable here since nobody is complaining or escalating to the concerned people on this issue. I am referring to my experience here with Sify Broadband connection.
                        I am also trying to bring to the notice of whomever concerned in Sify Broadband as well as other customers and prospective customers on the poor maintenance and service given by both the Sify Broadband and their Franchises (my experience is with Franchise - Vishwa Cable network, Sultanpalya Main Road, RT Nagar, Bangalore - 32). As well as the kind of harassment I have faced with absolute no permanent solution to the problem of frequent non connectivity.
                        My constant calls to their customer care has only resulted in calls being transferred, reassurance given but on ground the Franchise is giving temporary solutions and my connectivity is not there each time I switch on the system. Franchise and Sify attitude being totally non accountable, poor maintenance including their cable (2 yrs since they gave connection, the pin rusted near the box), the problems in the junction box only resolved recently with complaints from other customers. Further the cables are running across haphazardly on our apartment terrace including on the floor posing hazard to anyone tripping on them. During monsoon now with the exposure to sun, wind and rain the cable has become porous and soaks in water which through gravity (the cable is connected from the box on the terrace to the desktop which enters the apartment through window below) reaches the desktop port and the amount of water reaching here depending on the intensity of the incessant rains. Initially I used the same cable to connect to my laptop (recently bought) for internet connection as I had not yet began using a datacard. But since seeing the water enter into the cable, I immediately disconnected the cable from the laptop and used it for desktop only, worrying about the safety of the laptop and the damage the water can cause not forgetting its cost compared to that of a 5yr old desktop PC.
                        The whole objective of having a supposedly 24hrs broadband service is a farce here with non connectivity being frequent and is dependable only on the Franchise tech person to resolve it every time it goes off and that again is non dependable. In the end you are left with paying for a service where you have not been able to utilize at all and further given responses that this kind of problem of non connectivity is common. According to them, the complaint was raised on no connectivity - they came and restored and so its fine - the complaint gets closed immediately. Then again the next day the connection would not be there and the person would come back maybe after quite a few frantic calls and most times my work would come to a standstill and helpless to continue I would rush to nearest internet parlour and complete the task. And if its nigh time aligned to the US/global time then one cannot work or send mails or chat at all and having no choice but to be postponed for the next day - probably again being dependent on the neighbourhood internet parlour.
                        The frustration arising here is that why is no one checking on the connectivity being lost every time I log off and finding a permanent solution. My constant pleas to them was to check and change the cable or even change the pins connecting on both ends (seeing its poor state of maintenance) or at least check with another new cable - this has been till date responded with ignorance. They asked me to pay for the cable and connection charges, its not their headache. Many times the error message showing BB108 error would show on non connectivity - which says due to LAN cable non connectivity problem or the local cable network disconnectivity. I would confront the tech person on why this is so and also noticing him many times he checking the box and connecting cable kept on the terrace and it being restored immediately, his response would be its connected now, problem resolved. I wasn’t given a response why this happened often and no clear answer either. Unable to face this kind of attitude and harassment I mentioned I would not like to continue with their services if this is the constant and continuous non connectivity happening. Further its not being rectified on a permanent basis either and instead an indifferent attitude given to a customer who has availed their services for 2 yrs and has been promptly paying the charges and inspite of not being able to utilise their package completely. The tech person as well as Sify Broadband customer care is giving me clear indifference that either I utilise their services this way only or if I am finding it a problem I can look elsewhere.
                        Further dismay came when the Franchise Tech person had made cuts on the cable with a pocket knife a little distance away from the pin - which gets plugged into the port explaining to me that the water would pour out of here because of the cut even before it reached my desktop port and hence no water would reach here and thus according to him it was safe. I also noticed the knife had cut further beyond the gray casing onto the red, yellow wires inside also. This is one of Sify and Franchise tech person measure of ensuring the rainwater does not get through the cable till the port. But inspite of all this there was still water droplets near the port, which prompted me to disconnect every time during rains as well lightning. This further convinced me of changing over from broadband connection to the data card to ensure better quality of connectivity for my laptop and not be dependent on someone else who is unable to neither maintain nor give good service and used crude methods of rain preventive measures involving electrical equipment.
                        Upon looking at this problem of non connectivity closer, it seems as if Sify broadband or the Franchise is not letting its customer to utilise the package completely even though the customer pays for the services at the beginning o[censored]sage itself. Each time there is sufficient balance left every month - especially with the min package of Rs. 230/month and usage dependant as well as applicable for a expiry date every month. The package period would expire and again the next month it would get renewed with a new balance. Thus the customer with the non connectivity problem does not get to use but yet pays in the beginning itself the complete monthly package money. On the other hand Franchise or Sify broadband has got their payment but has not kept their side of the bargain. This is a clear indication of customers being taken for a ride at their own cost.
                        This kind of behaviour coming in from the Sify as well as Franchise tech person is pushing me to think of changing the Broadband connection - my shock is that it does not hassle them that they may further lose 10 other prospective customers. I really insist people not to be taken in by their promises and hope they read this experience and are able to confront Sify Broadband with this problem before they avail the connection or those who want to still go ahead with their services.
                        I am sure there are also many people out there facing similar problems with Sify Broadband connection and hope this is useful. At the same time I hope to receive a response from Sify Broadband on the same and this problem resolved.
                        Here me also a customer at Guwahati. Very poor response from customer care. No connection since 15th July, 08 to till date i.e. 1st August, 08.

Sify Broadband — Very Low Quality Service

I m a sify Broadband user with id (a169_ali) and have subscribed for a pure unlimited package with 128 kbps Speed. According to the Norms or TRAI, the download speed should be 18 th of the connection speed, which means i should get a download speed of
                        16 kbps. But the ISP (Sify) is stealing my bandwidth and the download speed is extermely low. I am getting a maximum speed of 10 kbps, which is nothing but pure cheating. When I complained about this, the concerned technical person told that we cant help it. Now being harassed, whom shall I approach to get the full service I m paying for?

Sifybraodband connection — Non renewal due to poor connectivity

I am having a sifybroadband internet connection . The service Provider is from Maligaon, Guwahati, Assam. They are service so poor that I compelled to have an alternate Tata Data Card connection recelty. I lodged complaint earlier, but your company yet to set it right. Today is my last day for renewal, but due to their technical fault, the net is frequently goes out. Last month also I couldnt renew. I request you to kindly consider my case and after ter renewal, pl recredit my balance amount.
                        My Order No.423356 and my Request Ref SM_WU2777A
                        JAGO GRAHAK JAGO!!!

BEWARE SIFY BROADBAND CUSTOMERS!!!

ARE YOU A SIFY BROADBAND CUSTOMER?

DO YOU KNOW THE ACTUAL RATE YOU SHOULD PAY FOR YOUR INTERNET PACKAGE?

AS PER TRAI (TELECOM REGULATORY AUTHORITY OF INDIA) ORDER, ISP PROVIDERS CAN NOT CHARGE HIDDEN CHARGES FROM CUSTOMER!!!

AS PER ORDER OF SUPREME COURT OF INDIA, SERVICE PROVIDERS CAN NOT CHARGE EXTRA FOR LINE MAINTAIANCE!!

DO YOU KNOW- YOU STILL PAY THESE HIDDEN CHARGES, LINE MAINTAINANCE CHARGES TO SIFY?

WRITE TO sify.[protected]@gmail.com TO KNOW HOW YOU CAN COMPLAINT & SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

IT IS A FREE SERVICE!!!

JAGO GRAHAK JAGO!!!

Sify — Internet connection frequently breaks off

I have been a sify internet user. The internet connection is too weak. The Sify Lan goes out after almost every weak. I had to chase the local vendor 4-5 times again and again to get it rectified. I am so much frustrated with the service. Unfortunately there is no one out here to have a look at the plight of the customer. I will get my connection changed for sure this month. I am ready to pay more for the service but will not continue with sify anymore.

Vishal Arora
                        We are facing more problem in our sify connection.When we are downloading the data from internet sites.We are getting 5 or 6 kpbs speed only.we have already complained this issue in your customer care.But they are not taking any action against this issue kindly do the needful

My User Is is murugesh_wifi
                        My contact No:[protected]

Manish
                          I'm Manish Dahiya & my sify broadband user id is: reena_dahiya. I have the sify broadband connection at my home from December2007. From that time till now not a single week is passed properly when i didn't write to Sify Customer Care about the carelessness & lack of services provided by the local Service Provider Kamal of Shalimar Bagh(Delhi). This directly indicates that there is a tie between the Sify Higher Authorities & the local ISP that's why the higher authorities didnt took any action against him.
                          Now, the situation is very-2 irritating... i have to call almost daily or even more than twice or thrice a day to remind the local ISP & Sify Customer Care about the problems telephonically as their internet didnt work properly.
                          Moreover, if i have any problem regarding my internet connection, the ISP didnt pick the Phone . Neither the ISP perform its duties properly nor he refunds the amount as he refused to give his services.
                          Now, let me know if any of the sify authority will be at customer end what they will do. As i'm suffering after taken the SIFY BROADBAND connection, i'll not even recommend SIFY BROADBAND to any of my enemy.
                          Few of my complaint nos. are given below:
                          [protected].03.2008)
                          [protected].03.2008)
                          [protected].04.2008)
                          [protected].05.2008)

Manish

Kamlesh Waghmare
                            I am a resident of Pimple Saudagar, Pune & using sify boradband.There has been lot of problem regarding the service as many of the times the service is unavailable & then we need to follow up at least for 4-5 days for getting the service restored. Again if the service is restored there is no guarantee that the problem is solved fully.

Other issue is regarding the renewal of the plan. Even if you request sify not to renew the service, they renew it & keep forcing you for payment. Even if you tell them that you are not using the service as you are out of town (or for some other reason) then also they keep the plan activated . This way sify is forcing subscribers to pay even if they not using the service for particular time & when you really want to renew then sify people will not renew your account unless you make payment for the renewal you never used.

I am using the Sify Board Band Connection form more than 3 years. First of all I want to tell you that it's my second mail to the Sify staff regarding to the improper Sify Board Band service.

From past 3 days I was not ale to use my Sify internet connection, when I tried to login, I am encountering with the error BB101. I usually use the internet connection at night time because during day time I am in the office. So, I am not aware of the status of internet connection during the day time.

On 25th May 2008 when I tried to connect to Sify Board Band service, I was able to connect but I was not able to open any of the website, it's not working and usually the speed of the internet is also very slow.

On 26th May 2008 at night when I tried to connect to Sify Board Band Service I again encountered by the same error BB101. I want to bring one thing in your notice that at night no one is there in the Sify office in sectror-5 to handle the customer's complaint.

So, on the same day I filed my complained in the Sify Customer Care and was given a Case Id number 6949590 and they told me that we would resolve the complaints with in 12 hours, which I really think and feel that it's more then enough because may be customer is having some urgent work and require the internet connection badly.

But the things did not come to an end here on 27th May 2008 when in the morning I tried to connect to Sify Board Band service I again encountered with the same problem i.e BB101. I called to Sify staff which is located in sector-5 Rohini at 10:30am, they told me that they were sending some technical person to my home at 11:00am, I waited for the whole day but no one came and in this way by doing the fake promise they made the customer fool.

On 28th May 2008 I again tried to login into the Sify Board Band Service in the morning but still faced the same problem of BB101.

Today, on 31st May 2008 also I still faced the same problem of BB101.

Now, it's my personal request to you please give me the answer of the following questions:

1. Why person want to have personal internet connection at home?

2. When the person giving the payment of the bill on time, don't you think the right should be given to the customer to avail the full service properly?

3. Customer care people need 12 Hours to resolve the complaint, as far as my case is concern it's more than 34 Hours but the problem is on the same point where it was 3 days before, I think the word customer care has changed its meaning.

4. Why the Sify staff members of Rohini Sector-5 make the fool of the customer by doing fake promises with customer and why we required to call them twice, thrice or some many times with regard to our problem. I am really not getting one thing if they would tell the customer that they would require so much time to sort out customer's complaints, than I don't think that the customer would going to kill them but yes there must be some specified time limit for resolving the problem.

I also know that it's neither your mistake nor I am blaming you for all that but I wanted to bring into your notice the pathetic service of Sify Board Band service in the region of Rohini Sector-1 New Delhi 110085. So, its my humble request to you to please look into the matter as soon as possible otherwise if the customer would carry on to suffer in this way then defiantly it will effect the good will of Sify which may in turn will reduce its customer by making them diverted toward other internet proving vendors.

Thanks & Regards

Jai Wardhan

Username – jaiwardhan771

Contact - [protected]
                            Dear All,

I am a sify subscriber for last 3 years. Based on my experience I can tell, It is the worst service provider. They always come on time to collect money only. But when it comes the question of Service they are always late.
                            I'm a Sifi broadband user.I have raised a complaint two weeks back that i'm not able to renew my accout.
                            Customer care person told that my account validityu date is over so he/Sifi will create temporary package so that i can renew using my credit card.I tried the next day nothing happened.Till today I'm repetedly calling.No Repsonse. These are the complient ID. 8408401 & 8418551.Is it possible to renew my account through online.If not please let me know so that i can go for other serviece provider for new broadband connection.
                            My sifi ID: itzmek_85
                            Karthikeyan
                            Yes this complaint is exactly correct, In fact they change their employee every other months and when they come to attend the complaints after three to four days they tell you they are standing somewhere and give you the address and the costumer have to go an pick them up.
                            They give you time that they will be comming at such and such time and you keep on waiting and they never come at the time
                            Sir
                            Yesterday onwards I am fail to download all the mails in my Inbox of outlook express

Yesterday I had total 47 mails and could successfully download only 43 mails and 44th onwards mail
                            got stucked up

pls forward it to cocern technical dept.

I have tried your all toll free no. but fail to connect

looking for your quick action,

R.K.CHOUDHARY
                            sir i have lot of problum in my sify offline mailing system in outlook express some mails are comming some are not comming like that if ten mails are comming in current date then our outlook inbox is receiving only two or three mails but thats present on sify.com. i allready update sify account settings with new one plz help me i m totaly sick off from your mailing system plz help me
                            I am resident of pimple gurav, pune. The sify service in this locality is not up to the mark. The downtime of server is pretty high as there is no power backup available for server. No one is reachable on helpdesk (Technical Support) pune sify customer care line. Every time we need to call up to the Mumbai customer care number in order to get issue resolved. Whenever you renew the package the field(or marketing) executive provide you the alternate(or dummy) userid with the excuses that "your(customer's) earlier userid is expired and will take 4-5 working days to restore back, meantime use this one.

And while using that account(the one provided by executive) you regularly encounter with error " user xyz is already logged in" that means they use to keep circulating this dummy accounts to most of the customer, This is how all blunder game goes here.

This is how all blunder game goes.

Sify Broadband — extremely poor service [Resolved]

khushal Sakote
                              On more than two occassions i have had issues when i faced major problems with my internet connectivity. When...

Sify Broadband — Internet connection is not working [Resolved]

Zameer Ahmad Ansari
                              I am availing the broadband services of Sify under the franchisee Kamat Internet, Taimur Nagar, New Delhi. My...

Sify Broadband — Very Poor Service & No Refunds [Resolved]

Puneet Gandhi

I got a sify broadband connection in Aug.2007 from M/S Super Broadband Service, a franchise of Sify...