Airtel Digital TV - Complaint against Airtel

S.M.Mahendran
We had installed Airtel Digital TV on 30/05/2009. After a week the screen started showing that this card is not valid. By contacting Airtel Call centre they told that Rs.100 is balance from our side. After recharging Rs.100 it was activated. After a week again i.e. 15/06/2009 again the TV screen showed that this ID card is not valid. We again called centre again they informed that we have subscribed for ESPN package and Rs.60 is pending in our account. While we had not sent any SMS for subscription. The fact is that airtel has deactivated free to air channels also. Is airtel collecting Rs.50-100 every week with the customers who had subscribed for free to air channels for one year on some pretext or other?
Why are ads given for fee-to-air channels subscriptions for one year? Can I get justice from airtel? Every time we contact airtel customer service they say "You pay this amount this time and next time it will not happen? Is this the way adopted by airtel to humiliate genuine customers and harrass them by charging them exhorbitantly evey week?
Airtel Digital TV ID No.3000866458
Order No.3710541

Comments

Airtel Does Not Recognize Even After Two Years - Airtel

I have Post-paid connection of Airtel for over two years. Since I requested for a better number, I was given an old number which was not in use. But now, for any complaint when I seek help of Customer Care, I am told that the number is not in my name !!!
My bill is regularly paid, but the company does not recognize me !!! Two years time is too short to correct records !!!

not accept own fault but disconnect my connectivity - Airtel

i have paid my bill 21 Jan to 21 fab2008 which was due on 10 March2008 of Rs 300/ against RS 316/ on dated 10 marrch 2008 at simmilar due date R. No UP656248 at CITY COMMUNICATION S-26 BHEL HARIDWAR of my 9897392169 number

i have recieve call on dated 12 march regarding not paid bill of 21 Jan to 21 fab2008 which was due on 10 March2008.

i saying ipay this on 10 and recip no wil be given you by toll free call at evening when i reach at my room and as per telephonic talc R No at night by call back at 121.

they call me 19 march for saying that please meat to franchiji without proper ivestigation through CITY COMMUNICATION S-26 BHEL HARIDWAR .

left it IMEAT CITY COMMUNICATION S-26 BHEL HARIDWAR on 26 and find that by mistake they do not transfer payment and not get any inquiry from custemor support .

left it agian CITY COMMUNICATION S-26 BHEL HARIDWAR accept it and said that it will be transfer today.

this day next month bill that is 21 Fab2008 to 21 March 2008 is already generated whic wwill be due on beforev 8th April 2008

Detaies are : RS 747/ total payment

that is 300 previous paid also be included

RS 50 painalty due to not trnsfer case / paid

397 is usasge charge of this month

CITY COMMUNICATION S-26 BHEL HARIDWAR says that RS 50/ Painelty is discountable due to over mistake you paid only Rs397/ only

i paid it same day that is RS 400/ R.No. UP644087.

i have several complain reference as per your records.

their repersentative call me from 01214020906 call me again and again and torture me with misbehave. you are a bed custemor, saying that you dont pay your previous bill . and your connection now disconnected.

today and they disconnect the connection.

i confirm by other person from CITY COMMUNICATION S-26 BHEL HARIDWAR and found that they transfer these paiment RS 700 (that is 300 + 400)+ less panelty to wrong NUmber (9897372169) that is against my 9897392169.

is it my problem

they no contect to CITY COMMUNICATION S-26 BHEL HARIDWAR

also several unrectified complains are already registrerd not resolve them butv disconnect it right or no as per rule

my qoistion is always consumer is wrong

e-Topup not done since last three days - Airtel

I had done done an e-topup for my number (+919729038771) on 10/06/08 from my ICICI account for 200Rs. But still it hasnt been done, and the amount has already been deducted from my account. keep calling 121 but there is n extension number where I could talk to some one in person...all sort of computerized messages stored in there. Please help me.

Kriti

set of box registeration not done properly and money receipt not received. - Dish set of box

This is on my parents behalf i am forwading the complaint against Dish TV.He ordered a new connection Through the Dish TV dealer" Best Electronics" in mount road, chennai. Tel # 044- 28551114. on March 26/08/08. with a six month subscription free.My father who is 85 Years received a set of box already registered in the nizzamuddin, mob no 9941299251, chennai - 600001. When questioned he said necessary changes will be made., but on contacting them several times no response is given also my father had requested packages details which is also not given till day.As the free subscription is going to expire this month he called the dealer Best electronics they refused to attend the call.They live all alone in chennai. They had taken for the connection Rs. 4300/= for that also no receipt is given. Please take necessary action against the dealer and compensation should be made for my aged parents for the amount of mental agony they are under going.

Complaint against airtel survices - AirTel

sir i was activated free sms pack for 1month (2sep-2oct) but they cut my account from 2oct which is not valid.
Whenever i call to costumer care its always say dialer no. does not exist .

Dear sir
I am using airtel since last 6 months.thay disconnect my phone due to non submission of address proff which i also submitted at the time of taking connection, but i again subbmitted document on 4/10/2008.now my outgoing call facility blocked without stating any reason.i went to kamla nagar airtel center but they said everything is OK.i also call to your call centre same response was recevied.
Pls tell me what should i do otherwise i change my operator.

Regards..
Deepak Sharma
mob - 09910886179
mail id- deepak_ku_sharma@yahoo.co.in

hi, i am Karan Gambhir...my prepaid number is 9810089401 and in the evening my today (14th October 2008) my balance got deducted by about 30 Rs for which i did not get ne msg from Airtel.

my balance was sumwhere close to Rs 144 and on checking in the evening my balance was Rs.114.

i tried complaining on the Airtel cutomer care but the executive did not have information about it, and he told me to call after 24 hours.

please note i am not using ANY extra service except for Hello Tunes for which already Rs.200 was deducted from my account.

I want a refund of those Rs.30 !!..its highly annoying.i am really really dissappointed with Airtel and request you to register a complaint from my side, and pls make sure a get a resolution for the same !

Thanx,
Karan Gambhir

sir i purchase a coupon voucher Rs.50 from Jyoti communication Kanjurmarg(W) mumbai-78 on 10/10/2008 Serial No.60000152490191, I try so many times to recharge this voucher but fail to recharge &i contected to Airtel gallery near HUTATMA CHAUK FORT MUMBAI, they reply me to change this voucher & take other voucher of Rs.60 since Rs.50 voucher is closed by company, so i told to shop owner Mr.Sanjay Jha(Mobile No.09869206135), But he refuse to change this voucher
Please solve my problem my name -PK VERMA Mobile No.9323748698 Thankyou sir

Dear sir/madam,

i am coming in pune new then i sue idea numbar but u know i am airtel custmer thats y i take airtel postpaid number but now i have a big problem beside your service my mob no is 9096067657 i leving in aundh pune please help me other wise i changged my number thansk

I topped up my Airtel (Chennai) with Rs.415/- through icici mobile recharge facility at around 9 pm 24oct 08. Instead of choosing to go to the nearby shop, I had resorted to using the online facility as I was at work and had an urgent phone appointment with an important person at 9:30 pm the same day. To my dismay, I didnt get the top up message until 10:20 pm. At 10.20 pm I get a funny message ( with lots of "%20%") which I was able to vaguely make out, a top up intimation message from Airtel. Just to confirm my fears of the recharge amount, I check the balance enquiry *123# and ofcourse I get a shock.. I see I have Rs. 286.51 left;I had atleast 1 Re before recharge. And apart from the poor return of investment, in this one hour from 9 to 10 pm, I had to undergo the embarassment of asking the person with whom I had a phone appointment to kindly call me as "I had low balance"... I tried their customer care in vain.. Never did I get an option to talk to a cust care executive.. In my utter frustration, I put a no wrong when I called aircel care (Im no aircel man)... Just when I was glad to greeted by a phone operator, I discovered it was aircel, and then disappointment again..
What a poor show by Airtel.. I swear, I am ashamed to be associated with Airtel.. My next move?? Throw both my mobile and its sim card into the dust bin..(My plan is talk more plan with 49 p per call, just for information.)

C.Shivakumar,
Chennai
just in case, my email: shivhawk@gmail.com (no spam please, but relevent emails certainly yes)

call is not going or coming from some airtel number - air card

Respected Sir/Madam,

It is more than 2 months that i am not getting any call nor i am able to call some of the airtel number. Even customer Care service is not working . I am using airtel from past 3 3.5 years but if this problem is not solved i am planning to switched to other network.

Please look into this issue ASAP.

Billing Problem- no action since the complaint has been logged 15-20 Days Back. - Airtel

My wife was using Airtel post paid mobile no.9871882293.
We found that in the last few bills most of the SMS sent by this number on the local numbers has been charged on ISD tariff basis. Although on our complaints, each time those issues get rectified by Airtel.
But, We were surprised by the last bill for the month of September-October, where Airtel has charged Rs.5000 for GPRS services, Although since the last 1.5 years the average bill is appx.Rs.1200 on monthly basis for same sort of services.

I have logged the complaint for the same on 6/11/2008 (comp.no.19154886).

Still waiting for any feedback & action from Airtel.

i am not able to contact with customer care since last two months - AirTel

i am not able to contact with costumer care .i am facing problem with the connecting of costumer car since last two months .i called costumer care with my friend mobile in the date of 2008-11-14.the give the complaint number the number is 114399553.but problem is not solved. again i called costumer the give another number the number is 111939095.but no use. one moth before i called costumer care more than 3 times with my father mobile and i gave 3 complaint's with my problem but they not gave any number.but thy told me that, we will send the complaint number to your mobile number but i didn't got any number .i am facing the problem past two months.please look into my problem .
thanku sir,
kiran(9866563996).

do not call registration (advertisements) - Airtel

Please to bring to your notice that i would like to stop all advertisement calls to my mobile no: 9849385127. I request you to all business call to my number

regards

indira
vishnu

am i being charged extra? - AIRTEL DIGITAL TV

Hi, i have brought the Airtel Digital TV, with south mega pack for rs 2500 for 6months in Oct '08 soon after the launch. Since they dont provide HBO, ZEE studio and Sports with it, i have topped it up paying rs35 for HBO, Zee Studio, Zee MGM pack and rs 45 for ESPN, star sports pack. But without showing any repect to our loyality of being among the first customers, they have started selling the same pack for same price of Rs2500 for 6months with ESPN pack and their webiste also inculdes HBO and Zee Studio in the list of channels. Can I know why i am being ripped of Rs 80per month for the same channels and that too for being one of the first customers.

Avoiding of complain - AirTel

A message has come from urgent that I have been selected for the prize worth $5000. When I am calling to customer care, they didnot respond me. What have I to do? Please inform me at .
Mobile No - 9973482058
Email Id - aditya_9973482058@rediff.com

Yes he is absolutely right. Airtel Customer Care Response is very poor and they do not provide you the call reference number. Please guide me where to contact for complaints.

hi sir / madam,

i`m using lifetime airtel connection n nwa dayz they r deducting my balance without any reason i`m nt even able to register my complaint thru their customer care number...

Aditi gupta
Rajasthan
My Number: 9950146002
CHETAN DUTT Airtel Digital TV  - Chennai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

Pending Installation - AIRTEL DIGITAL TV

I had marked a request for my Airtel digital TV to be relocated from my mohali address to NOIDA address on 24/12/2008. Both addresses are mentioned below for your reference. My registered phone number is 9818395790. First time i called for this was on 24/12/2008. The customer service executive took my new address in NOIDA & booked the slot for technical installation executive. However next day (when this guy was was to visit my NOIDA residence for installation), i got a call from MOHALI stating that your executive in Mohali is not able to find my NOIDA address in MOHALI. Again i called customer service team who again after apologising alloted another slot. Again after couple of days i got similar call from MOHALI. This process of booking the slot has happened four times now & still i am reciving calls from MOHALI to intall my connection. I have spoken to Mr Rakesh (Floor incharge), Ms Sonia (Team Leader) still i havent got any solution. Whats most disgusting is that Airtel has already deducted Rs 600/- as reinstallation charges & still no-one bothered to inform me about the status. The incompetent team is still not able to provide any solution which in this case is arranging for an installation slot at NOIDA. Today again i called up the customer care. Today this guy Sajid, asked me to deposit Rs600/- again stating that i need to deposit this amount & later this will be refunded. When i told him that i will not pay anything now as i have already paid the charges, he disconnected my call.

With the kind of service provided by airtel, i am made to believe that i have made a huge mistake by trusting airtel over various other DTH service providers. Its a simple case of understanding that a customer has relocated from Mohali to NOIDA & wants his connection to be relocated as well. One need not be a rocket scientist to understand a simple relocation case. Now i want my reintalling to be done very urgently. Also i would like some one very responsible to call me from AIRTEL AND NOT FROM AGENCY CALL CENTRE who can be sensitive about the customer's problem & "can get the things done". Its already been 12 days & if no future action is taken to my satisfaction, i will be forced to initiate legal action against airtel digital TV

Chetan Dutt

NOIDA
201301

Deactivation of service for wrong reason - AIRTEL DIGITAL TV

To,
The Customer Service (if any)
AIRTEL DIGITAL TV
Bharti Telemedia Ltd.

I S Ravi Kumar (Customer ID No. 3000088682) resident of J P Nagar, Bangalore subscribed Airtel Digital TV on 16.11.2008 and the same was installed on 18.11.2008. The offer was for Rs. 2000/- with 12 months subscription free (South value Package).

Now after 3 months i recieve a SMS on my mobile mentioning that my negative balance of - Rs.300/-, which i couldn't understand.
Since i was on tour i thought i can check once im back in station. When returning from Delhi on 22nd i recd. a call from one of ur call centre guy rudely mentioning about negative balance of - Rs. 300/- without giving the actual reason and any explanation. He just asked me contact Customer Care and hung up the phone on my face as though i owe him or the Airtel. What kind of stupid and arrogant people are working in AIRTEL. This is most humiliating act by any (so called) CRM person. I SEEK AN APOLOGY on this count.

After i was back to Bangalore on 23rd Jan 2009 and found the service terminated / disconnected, i am really upset on this INSTANCE towards the dastardly act. I have been calling your customer care to get a Standard Answer that they don't know the reason and systems are down and details not available. I dont know what kind of Junk systems are installed and customer friendly approach (name sake) is followed in AIRTEL.

I Called Customer Care for 4th time and then for my luck i could find some responsible person to give the reason for extra wire cost (from 20m to 30m slab) and registering the Customer CompLaint No. 519711 and resolution of issue by 29th Jan 2009 Committing the resumption of services & waival of extra wire charge of Rs.300 - which was not at all needed. The explaination for extra wire is as below.

Dish has been installed on 4 storeyed building which requires approx. 40ft(12.2Mtrs) + 15 ft slack(5Mtrs) .During installation there was some unwanted length of extra wire being left coiled behind the TV during installation which the installation team said is more by 5mtrs apart from the 20 mtrs provided alongwith the system as reqd. Primarily i dont beilieve. When i questioned the installation team they demanded cash payment of Rs.400/- for extra wire. Since this team was acting dubious i.e, Great AIRTEL team. I got doubtful and called up the Franchise, he mentioned that the cost of extra wire would get adjusted in the recharge amount of Rs.2000/- and there is no need to pay anything for installation team.

Till now the service is not resumed and i have not recd. any kind of response from AIRTEL. I feel Airtel has nurtured this habit of giving wrong commitments and then mastering the art of not satisfying the commitments made during the sale and misleading and cheating the customers. I SHALL BE FORCED TO APPROACH THE CONSUMER FORUM.

MOST GRIEVED CUSTOMER