Urbanpro

Sep 20, 2023

Address:Banglore
Website:URBANPRO.COM

This Company is Fraud,
Their clients aren't genuine.
The leads are fake.
And they ask Money for coin which is not refunded even if the Lead doesn't want to work with you.

They are scammers and only want your money.
First they charged 599 for initial payment.
The again 400 for coins.
These coins are deducted when a Tutor gets a lead. And The leads are all fake.

H
    Hrudayendra Karnik
    Mar 14, 2023

Scammers

Pathetic company. I started a class and after one lecture the tutor didn't show up. When I asked for the refund they denied it saying that it's against their policy and they can offer only replacement. When I found 1 replacement they couldn't even proceed that saying that there is a technical glitch and i need to wait for another 2 days. Yesterday they said it is resolved now and it is still not resolved and they are still not offering refund....
    G
    G-TEC Education
    Nov 3, 2022

Address:Tower 7 Flat No 2, Golden Opulence, P.H. Road, Poonamallee, Chennai, India - 600122 Landmark: Near RRB Wind Mill
    Website:www.urbanpro.com/chennai/g-tec-computer-education-poonamallee/14590615

A fake profile of G-TEC Computer Education institute, Poonamallee, Chennai, India - 600122

Please take action on this, G-TEC Computer Education Poonamallee got terrible reviews on this Urbanpro tutor profile. We lose our GOODWILL and BRAND Identity. And get negative responses

T
      Tapan Oza
      Aug 9, 2022

Called many students via urban pro online student list but all parents are disagreed with this data.and other hand urban pro has deducted my coins.this is absolutely illegal. I am totally disappointed with their system.

I suggest people not to join this fraud online education website.it is totally waste of time and money both.

R
        ragbir12
        from jamshedpur, Jharkhand
        Aug 4, 2022

Website:www.urbanpro.com

This organization is nothing more than a scam, who actually uses tutor's money for fake enquiries by student. They ask tutors about partnership, so only after this partnership a tutor can able to respond to student enquiries. But i found most of the student enquiries are fake and they didn't responded to any of the tutors, but tutors lost their coins by responding to those random enquiries. If student books a demo session then only organizations deserves coin deduction but they are deducting coins for every enquiries.

I
          Ila Dutta
          Jun 28, 2022

@UrbanProApp is a SCAM ⚠️
          I purchased Gold Membership but they didn't give me any coin. ( Coins are used to view enquiries). I have mailed them but nothing solved. I got no coins.
          #UrbanProScam #onlinetutor #urbanpro #tutorapp

shikhaheals
            Apr 25, 2022

There are students who post their queries, and the tutor contacts them by spending our coins. But many queries are invalid as they post they want online classes but when we contact they say they want offline.
            When we report them invalid the company has a cap of 25% on returning the coins.
            Why my coins are not refunded when there is either the student's fault or urbanpro fault in due diligence of the enquiries.

pratchops
              Feb 9, 2022

Sexual advances running away with money

Address:Mumbai UrbanPro.com A Venture of ThinkVidya Learning Pvt. Ltd. #323 Corporate Avenue, Sonawala Road, Goregaon East, Mumbai 400063 A venture of thin
              Website:Urbanpro.com

UrbanPro.com
              A Venture of ThinkVidya Learning Pvt. Ltd.
              #323 Corporate Avenue,
              Sonawala Road,
              Goregaon East,
              Mumbai 400063

A venture of think vidya learning pvt. Ltd.
              #15, 2nd Floor Bannerghatta road,
              3rd phase J P Nagar Bangalore 560076

1. This is to report a criminal trespass by a personal trainer that was engaged through UrbanPro- The details...
              Parantap Ghosh
              Nov 23, 2021
              Apr 25, 2022
              This thread was updated on Apr 25, 2022

Address:Not mentioned
              Website:Urbanpro App

I have enrolled myself as a teacher in urbanpro. I have also purchased coins for applying against the demand of the students. I have applied for the same against the application of multiple students, but all in vain. Please check the app and there should be fraudsters behind this app.
              Same thing happened with me.

Anitha h
                Oct 16, 2021

Have mentioned I do not give demo. Also mentioned I charge for demo. Inspite of that deducted money and blocked

J
                  Jason1992
                  Sep 21, 2021
                  Sep 27, 2021
                  This thread was updated on Sep 27, 2021

Address:Goregaon, Mumbai
                  Website:www.urbanpro.com

They take away your coins worth more than 5000rs n permanently delete your account
                  Sep 27, 2021
                  Updated by Jason1992
                  They terms n conditions are totally ###..n they don't even mention that this is the violations in their terms and they out of nowhere permanently deactivated your account.. totally fraud company with fraud founder Rakesh Kalra..Bloody ###

G
                    Ga Lingua Academy
                    Sep 1, 2021

Website:www.urbanpro.com

Rathna Malathi named lady called me from urban pro and told me about platinum membership plan while pitching me she told me she said i will get more enquiries than as usual n i paid 10000/- in thought of i will get more no. of enquiries. . everything was lie. . ( I am not blaming her for this she is just an employee) they changed policy of membership without any ultimatum and now i am not getting enquiries which i was getting earlier even everyday they send only 1 enquiry which is fake enquiries. . what should i do know. . even their customer service executives are not having manners to speak. . i have wasted my money. . i request whosoever is reading this please dont pay them. if you are tutor it is best to promote yourself on facebook insta thats is more profitable. you may can call me on [protected].

If anyone knows how to get my money back please suggest me. . shall i go to consumer court?

Satya360
                      Jul 29, 2021
                      Mar 11, 2023
                      This thread was updated on Mar 11, 2023

I would like to complain against Urbanpro for not giving out payment for a student, who was enrolled with me.
                      A student named Inderjeet Singh joined me on the 26th of May 2021 for 25 classes and the payment for which was Rs 5000, which was supposed to be paid out as soon as the classes were over on the 23rd of June 2021. I have been following up with Urbanpro for more than a month for the payment and still the matter has not been resolved. They keep telling me that the concerned department will look into the matter and call me however there is never a call back nor are any attempts being made to resolve this issue. They have told me twice that payment will reach my account in 3 or 4 working days but it never happens.
                      Never knew this company is such a scam. The money was taken from me and never refunded, though it's been more than a month. Customer support team lies saying they would get back

C
                        Chanchal Kumar Acharjya
                        Jun 29, 2021

This email is an extract from a social media post.

I am filing a legal case against Irfan Shaikh from Handewadi (Pune) Contact no. [protected] / [protected], one of your tutors for guitar in Pune as he has stalked, harassed and assaulted my daughter for the last six months.

I hope UrbanPro will take necessary action against the acquitted to restore its brand value. If not, I will make sure to mention that UrbanPro associates itself with repeat legal offenders on Google Playstore, Facebook, LinkedIn, Mouthshut.com etc.

Shraddha@123
                          This thread was updated on Mar 19, 2021

Address:Kamakapura Main Road, Konanakunte Cross, Bangalore - 560062, Dominos
                          Website:www.facebook.com/stepsfeelyourdance

I Mrs. Shraddha Sandeep Pingale had hired a dance tutor from "The Steps" from urbanpro on date on 15th October 2020 for me and my son. Tutor PAVAN had forced me to pay the advance of Rs. 24000 . He took hardly 7 to 8 classes after I made the payment. He told that he is not well and has Absconded and not picking the calls as well, Later on has blocked my no. and my calls also .I request the police authorities to help me recover my money as early as possible, Here by we are attaching the Aadhaar Card of the cheating case
                          Updated by Shraddha@123
                          I hired a dance tutor called Pavan for me and my son.I paid 24k advance and this tutor told that he is having back pain and then he absconded with my money.He stopped picking my calls afterwards. He hardly took 6 to 8 classes.He did not bother to refund my money or arrange any further dance classes as promised. it looked like a planned cheating case. I trusted him and gave the advance fees but he never turned up after receiving the payment. I am giving FIR for this.

Shraddha@123

Address:Kamakapura Main Road, Konanakunte Cross, Bangalore - 560062, Dominos
                            Website:www.facebook.com/stepsfeelyourdance

I Mrs. Shraddha Sandeep Pingale had hired a dance tutor from "The Steps" from urbanpro on date on 15th October 2020 for me and my son. Tutor PAVAN had forced me to pay the advance of Rs. 24000 and on 16th October Rs.10500 He took hardly 7 to 8 classes after I made the payment. He told that he is not well and has Absconded and not picking the calls as well, Later on has blocked my no. and my calls also .I request the police authorities to help me recover my money as early as possible, Here by we are attaching the Aadhaar Card of the cheating case

C
                              chitra001
                              from Delhi, Delhi
                              Dec 27, 2020

Address:Thippasandra

Here is the story, I had registered in the urban pro for the communication classes! I got call from this person called Gaurav and I paid RS 7000 for my classes. Eventually the next day he disappeared and when I brought up the concern with Urban pro they blamed me for paying directly and they had a link where they have to pay through urban pro which I was not aware and they being so rude and asking me why did I even share number in urban pro they don’t have even master’ s name or details in the website.
                              On the same day the person called me and took one class and told me that he will be not be taking classes daily and each day there is gap and he his not even taking the class in morning! Finally, I have to respond and wait until he opens a fake what’s app number and I have to multiple follow ups and I have to share the details in whats app, he his not sharing the email or anything not even reachable.
                              What I am suppose to do now? I am in huge loss of money.

sis!
                                Dec 18, 2020

Website:www.urbanpro.com

I m here to request your team to please look into the UrbanPro online site. It is a fraud website. I paid 649 rupees and joined as a silver member as a tutor to teach students online. I got so many requests from students, I felt it is real and called to the requested students but the people who are enquired even they don't know what I am talking about and some people are working as drivers. After I searched online on like Quora website and realized it's a fraud site.

So I am requesting your team to please look into this and please escalate to high and close that fraud site😠

K
                                  krishfollow
                                  Dec 14, 2020

Website:Urban pro

I need a refund of rs 649 from urbanpro I didn't receive any communication emails regarding this I joined as a tutor but by mistake I paid rs 649 thinking as a good online website but as experience I have been cheated please help me out in this

Saje77
                                    from Bengaluru, Karnataka

Address:2nd Floor, Building, 15, Bannerghatta Main Rd, opposite to Shoppers Stop, Sarakki Industrial Layout, 3rd Phase, J. P. Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076

Dear sir/madam,

At urbanpro, they ask the tutors to pay for subscriptions, in order to contact students (Or get their contact detail). To contact one student tutors are required to pay 40 coins each. But after availing subscription and paying those coins, in return we get fake profiles and numbers/unreachable contacts/invalid phone numbers/outdated profiles of those who are no longer searching for tutors.
                                    Most profiles showing as 'new' are outdated or showing as recently published. Urbanpro also do not bother to close these profiles on time, or mark them as closed.
                                    Upon contacting the customers, they get very angry and yell at us tutors, saying that they no longer require any tuitions and that was an old ad put up a long time ago.

Last month, i took a subscription worth rs. 675/- and i used 480 coins to contact 12 prospective students. Out of the 12 that i tried to contact, 11 of them were either outdated profiles or no longer looking for tuitions. They were all invalid contacts, and i reported all the 11.
                                    Even on reporting them as invalid, they refuse to refund those coins, which are invalid profiles. Later, i then asked them to refund me the money for the unused coins, but they are refusing to do that, either.

Please note that this is not the first time they are doing this. I was their subscriber many years ago. Then it was named 'thinkvidya' and now 'urbanpro.' they were making the same fake profiles then and robbing tutors of their money,. Yet again, they have taken my rs. 675/- and i am unable to contact a single customer that is genuine or is looking for tuitions. I am simply using my money to call fake profiles or outdated profiles.
                                    Please take strict action against this company, for their fraudulent actions. Also please ask them to refund back all my amounts that they have taken as subcription fees falsely, at the earliest.

Thanking you for your kind appreciation.

Saje77

Website:www.urbanpro.com

Urbanpro have a lot of previous customer profiles, fake profiles, or profiles where already customers might have availed tutors weeks or months ago, but their request has still not been closed. Such profiles are not closed on purpose and they still show as available. This is a scam to entice tutors into buying coins and availing their subscriptions. As tutors, we have to purchase coins from plans starting from rs. 625/- and above. For each profile, we have to spend 40 coins, in order to access the customer's contact number.

Upon using those coins and calling the prospective customer, we get yelled by the customers for calling them repeatedly, and they saying that they've closed the request long time back, and asking us why urbanpro have still kept their request on open?.in some other cases, it is some fake profile with unreachable contact numbers, invalid phone numbers, none picking up calls even on calling them every day of the week at different times.

On the urbanpro website, they have a section called 'report invalid' profile, where in the website faqs, they say they'll refund coins if the customer request is invalid. I took their subscription last month and contacted 10 customers utilizing 400 coins. Out of 10 that i contacted, 9 of them were fake profiles/ profiles of repeated customers, which were still showing as openby urbanpro.

Even after reporting 10 invalid profiles out of 11, urbanpros reply to me was that can only refund for 2 customers. Upon repeatedly emailing and asking why?, they've made up a story that under my subscription they can only refund 25% of invalid profiles. There is no mention of such things anywhere on my subcription purchased or on their website. As per rules, they have to refund invalid coins. Further, i have 520 unused coins left in my account, which automatically expire after couple of months. I told them to refund me those coins as i do not wish to use remaining coins, as all profiles on their website are fake. They even refused to do that.

This is not the first time that is happening. Many years ago, i have lost many coins with urbanpro, which was then named 'thinkvidya'. They were operating in the same fraudulent ways, then. Most of the profiles on their website are fake, either still open showing requirements, or simply unreachable, no response numbers. This is a scam to take money off the tutors, who pay thinking there are a lot of prospective customers available to contact.

Please make sure that they refund the invalid coins, and also the unsued coins, which they automatically set to expire, after a certain period of time.

Abhinav Sudhendra

Website:www.urbanpro.com

This fake business is there to take money from the tutors. They ask for money to get student contact details. The students do not exist. Its just some random phone number that they provide against charging money.

Swofiya Rahman
                                          from Hyderabad, Telangana

Please do not approach urban pro for any classes. Took communication skill classes last month and paid full amount, but after attending 3 classes it became difficult for me to give time because I got a job of night shift. I requested my trainer for the refund but she refused. I mailed to the concerned team and they too refused. Very disappointed by the service Urban pro provides. I would never recommend anyone in or around my circle for urban pro ever. Worst thing ever on internet.

D
                                            Diya Aashi

Address:No idea
                                            Website:Urbanpro

They were preying for tutor.. Once they get the prrmium amount they dont provide students.. They themselves register as fake student & when as a tutor u want to get that studend details it is not available.. I want my money refund

prjindal75

I am a tutor and paid 4000 rs to buy 1600 coins from then. But i am experiencing that its a fake company. They are generating demand from every tom, dick and harry and trapping tutors to use coins to get that lead. When tutor contact, that turns out to be a fake person, coaching center offering 100 rs/hour. The person has little idea about subjects/courses. Just want to entangle you how much rate you want. And then quotes a very less rate, so that tutor itself say no. So this is a fake demand.

And now when i contact urban pro, they say that even if its a fake demand, we will at max refund 40%.

Hi urban pro,

Today was my first experience o[censored]sing urban pro. (My 1st contact rohini)

And when i contacted the student, it turned out to be a fake institute/tutoring center.

It resulted in waste of my 200rs. (70 coins)

Its not my fault. Please return my money back.

prjindal75

For every lead, we have to pay 70 coins = 200rs. When urbanpro sales guy call us, they tell us that we tutor will get a genuine student enquiry. But i am sorry, the enquiries are not genuine,. They are fake.

prjindal75

I am a tutor and paid 4000rs to buy 1600 coins from then. But i am experiencing that its a fake company. They are generating demand from every tom, dick and harry and trapping tutors to use coins to get that lead. When tutor contact, that turns out to be a fake person, coaching center offering 100 rs/hour. The person has little idea about subjects/courses. Just want to entangle you how much rate you want. And then quotes a very less rate, so that tutor itself say no. So this is a fake demand. I have to use 70 coins=200rs to contact a prospect student.

And now when i contact urban pro, they say that even if its a fake demand, we will at max refund 40% after 7 days.

Nitten S Rao
                                                    from Pune, Maharashtra

Address:career crafters 322 b wing vardhaman chambers sector no 17 vashi navi mumbai near axis bank, Mumbai City, Maharashtra, 400703
                                                    Website:www.career-crafters.com

We had been listed client fo urbanpro for last 6 years and more. Everyyear we use to pay a sum for 6 months and get our contract renew.

But this year they collected amount of rs 9000 in the month of may 27 2019 stating me verbally the contract is valid for six months. And sudenly they stopped our services in june 2019 stating that our coins are over.

This was not stated me earlier, even after repeated follows up with urbanpro with their excecutive saurab and dlip the manager and last mr chandan. My contract stands to be cancelled. They were sending me enquires all from mumbai. And we have a branch only in navi mumbai.

Beware of such company
                                                    Aug 11, 2019
                                                    Updated by Nitten S Rao
                                                    beware before u sign up with urbanpro

anubhaj
                                                      from Delhi, Delhi

Address:New Delhi, Delhi, 110052

I uad hired a home tutor naina sethi thriliugh urban pro. The lady is just not fit to teach kids.. She shouts at them and when they ask any questions she calls them stupid.. I had given money in advance and now she sats u collect it from my home.. This is really bad and i feel cheated by this teacher.. I need my full monetly refund for the torture my child has gone through or i will have to approach police... This teacher is psycho and needs doctors help

S S Gill
                                                        from Mumbai, Maharashtra

Urbanpro customer service and sale is assigned to the same person.

We called to tell them that we were getting leads from very far and they were irrelevant.

We contacted the executive who sold us the package.

The person said that you do not know how to use computer and internet and said something in tamil which couldn't be understood.

We assured him that we were adjusting the area of 5 kms circumference but he said i am busy...

After the package was over, their team member, a girl contacted us to sell package and we told her our greviance.

But, she turned out to be equally inhumane and cold towards our problem.

Then, there had been never a call back from their side, neither to resolve our complaint not to sell anything.

Urbanpro Recent Comments