[Resolved] ICICI Bank - Credit Card — Forced recovery by auto debiting my sb account
GGhanahsham Shriram Manakikar
This is waht I have written to Cutomer.[protected]@icicibank.com and Banking Ombdusman - Mubai on e-mail address [protected]@rbi.org.in which is self explnatory. Could anyone suggest better way, please ?
Dear Customer Care Manager - ICICI bank,
Just want to report another set of excesses , deception and un professional treatment enforced by your 2 worthy credit recovery officers from Delhi unit i.e. Mr. Siddhant ( Mob No [protected]) and Mr. Shailendra Sharma ( Mob No [protected]).
1. Your notice dated 22nd November'07 received by me at residential address on 26th November'07.
2. I immediately contacted Mr Siddhant and explained my side. Like many in your bank , he had no clue as what I was trying to say. So I sent him one track of follow up, well documented in my file sent to you in earlier mail.
3. On 27th he understood and on phone offered me settlement of Rs.36,000/-. I disagreed and conveyed my calculation of Rs. 21,000/-. He promptly refused. He said he has limitations under jurisdiction in which he is operating.
4. Hence, I requested for his immediate superior's number. He gave me mobile no of Mr Shailendra Sharma.
5. Mr. Shailendra Sharma was very sympathetic on phone and said he has written to ICICI Mumbai H.O. and by 28th morning 10.45 am , he will call me to convey final settlement offer.
6. To my shock and surprise on 28th morning I received sms alert at 12.56 noon that Rs. 47,875.62 are debited to my salary account in Pune no[protected].
7. After that when I called Mr Shailendra Sharma, he flatly refused of any promise or any thing to do with this matter. He said he is not aware of any details of my case and when I posed that question to Mr Siddhant, he casually replied as why he should inform his boss when he has not asked and to speak with him was my choice!!! On my insistence , he took Mr Siddhant in conference call and result was that he requested Mr Siddhant to re look in my case and try the best possible. Mr Siddhant refused that he ever made any offer for Rs 36,000/- as settlement and what he had spoken was for Rs. 42,000/-!
8. Both of them could not explain that in the midst of discussions they have taken extreme step of again wiping out entire bank balance without even courtesy of telling me or even informing by simple sms?
8. From 29th November'07, since the "target of credit recovery" is met at expense of customer like me or utter carelessness or scant respect to customer need and feelings or combination of all , Mr Siddhant is refusing to speak with me. Instead he sent an sms that he is busy and will call back within 10 minutes. That was today afternoon. Still those 10 minutes are not over... I have tried 20-30 times but Mr Siddhant is refusing to pick up or even have not shown any courtesy of informing as when he would be able to call back.
Look at my behavior , which is only reflected in actions, as follows :
a. Pro active follow up
b. record of written communication
c. from the word go, I have declared my willingness to pay and indeed have paid all amounts interim as per advise of credit officer's request hoping that I will get some facility to wipe out these dues.
d. in the episode from 26th till date I have made not less than 30 -40 calls and sms's ; compare this with your responsible officer's behaviour - ask them how many times they have called me ?
Now, look at ICICI bank's behaviour :
a. I have not received any statement beyond April, 2005. If credit recovery notice could be sent by your bank then why not statements, please ?
b. At least for final settlement, along with notice, you could have sent a detailed statement. Have you done that ?
c. Ms. Sarika Sharma and ICICI bank Gurgaon Account Manager are on records that a team of senior officials is looking in the case and revert - Could you please show any correspondence to that effect, please ?
d. Mr Siddhant and Mr Shailendra Sharma were not aware of any case details - I had to feed them all by mail. Is this your professionalism when these two supposedly responsible officers were not knowing what the organization's left arm is doing?
e. Just go on unauthorized debiting customer's account for than 5 times!!!!
So my conclusion is that responsible officer's are encouraged to take such short cuts; no one is there to question them accountability of their actions as long as they meet monthly targets ; scant respect for customer feelings or feedback and to say finally -
HUM HAIN NA - TO RIP APART DEAR CUSTOMR YOUR REPUTATION, NAME AND BANK BALANCE TO MEET OUR TARGETS
Will I get justice, please ?
Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 23:32:20