West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company [WBSEDCL] Complaints & Reviews

Last updated Aug 8, 2022

File a complaint to West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company [WBSEDCL]

Having problems with West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company [WBSEDCL]?

File a complaint and get it resolved by West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company [WBSEDCL] customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company [WBSEDCL]

West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company [WBSEDCL] Website

West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company [WBSEDCL] Head Office Address

Vidyut Bhawan, Block B, 2nd Floor, Salt Lake City, Sech Bhawan
Kolkata
Kolkata District

West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company [WBSEDCL] Phone Numbers

West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company [WBSEDCL] reviews & complaints page 39

As per bill no[protected] dated 15 may 17, installation no 3447592 (Consumer id[protected] was in accessible for two consecutive billing circle and an estimated inflated reading was charged. Where as the meter is placed at an accessible location at a height of 7-8 ft inside the shop since inception. The meter readings were taken from the same place since 2012-13. An application for correction of the bill was submitted on 19 jul 2017 and wbsedl representative visited the location subsequently for reading. Thereafter, no problem was intimated on my contact no given in the applicaton. Now, the connection has been cut down on 18 aug 17 with out any intimation. The estimated reading is much more higher than actual reading. As on 16 jul 2017 at 1028hrs the actual reading was 13333. I have a video recording of meter reading captured on 16 jul 2017. A sbi atm is running from the shop and the atm become non-functional due to electric supply cut.

The loss is being incurred due to disconnection of electricity caused by lacadaisical attitude of the company, which is required to be strictly regulated. It is requested that the electric supply line to the installation be re-connected immediately.

Mr suman dutta
Son of smt prativa dutta
Pumlia, chowrasta
Mob no : [protected]
West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company [WBSEDCL] customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
I have pay my electricity bill on online..online site have option to write installation no...so i did not my installation no..please help us.

Sir, in our area rabindra nagar, hamiltonganj, kalchini have low voltage problem during yesterday night. Please solv this matter i allready a complaint lodged in vidyuit sahayougi app. Yesteday night mobile van also coming in our area but not solved permanantely. Please solv this problem permanantely. Because our village have electric problem 2 or 3 days gap....

Sir, i (Narayan chandra saha) have paid my bill on 15th august through vidyut sahayogi app by netbanking. My id no. Is[protected]. The total bill amount is rs. 3842.00. But through the app in mobile the auto deduction amount of rs. 3797.19 deducted two times simultaneously. So, kindly refund my amount to axis bank account, as i have paid this amount from the s/b account no [protected] from kandi branch (Ifsc code : utib0001404). Or the amount may be adjusted to the next bill.

A 25 kv transformer replacing order passed at 01.08.2017 but the local contractor wants extra money from consumers... We inform this to local wbsedcl station manager.. But he dont take any step against this contractor... We are helpless... We complain this in wbsedcl portal (Complan docket no[protected]... But no action or step is not taken against this complain docket no... Please do something... We are in power off condition... We are villagers...
      I have submitted online load enhancement quotatoin on 03/11/2015 and validity was upto 01/02/2016 (application no [protected]). But due to some domestic mishap I could not deposit the amount within time. I was told to submit application for cancellation. As per advice Garia CCC), I submited the app on 26/04/2017 getting assurance that application will be cancelled within 2 momths. But the issue is still UNRESOLVED....

Electric theft from the electric pole dear sir, i am an anonymous person unwilling to disclose my identity for some security reasons. I want a strict legal action be taken by the officers of west bengal state electricity distribution company limited against some people in my locality who are thefting electricity from the local electrical poles every day. These people regularly theft electricity and they use to provide electricity to those people who don't have electricity on rent. Even they use for their regular activities such as loud speakers, wedding ceremony etc. If you will visit our area you will see a lot of over wires by which they are doing this theft and i believe that some of the local employees are helping them in this kind of activities for which they use to pay them a huge money. It is therefore please visit to our place and take serious action against them. The place where these activities are going on the.. We are already complain to local office bt they did not take any stapes
      Vill-balaranpota (Mollah para+shek para+mollick para), transformer near balorampota primary school, p. O-panchla, p. S-uluberia 711322

My application no is [protected] and my name biswanath chakraborty. I have paid for new connection 2106.70 through online payment on 11.08.2017. Receipt not generated but the amount debited from my ubi account. But it was written "payment failure". I could not understand whether the money will be credited to my account or payment is successful. My email id is chakraborty. [protected]@gmail.com and mobile no is [protected].
        br...

We are inhabitants of d block, subhasnagar, barasat barrackpore road, north 24 parganas, west bengal, kolkata 700121 are facing commercial level power thefy... Due to that power theft our voltage is constantly fluctuating and we have already lost our laptop and refrigerator. Please take necessary steps as we have no reply from the toll free number.

I, dipankar choudhury, now residing as tenant at above flat (Owner-sikha nair) since sept-2016. Wbsedcl, bansdroni, kolkata concerned people do give a damn to note the exact reading for billing. My average billing may please be verified-which reads as rs.2750/- per quarter. Surprisingly, for the recent quarter i. E. Aug-oct 2017, an unrealistic bill for rs.5251.06 (Almost double) was raised (Paid by me online on 11/08/2017). The most important issue may is here - it may kindly be noted that from 18/04 2017 till date i. E.11/08/2017, we are residing at haldia, w. B. Mostly (From all sundays to fridays). So, question of normal use of electricity too does not arise at all (Excess usage is a dream story). I request for urgent intervention of the authorities for ordering refund of excess amount billed.
          Dipankar choudhury
          Contact - [protected], [protected]
          Email - dipankarchoudhury.[protected]@gmail.com
          My area malda English bazaar misra colony pin 732101 Ward no 23 dally power cut problem my near area no power cut only my area any time power cuts consumer id[protected]

Consurmer's name gayatri nag id[protected] rs. 15, 171.30 paid online for aug-oct2017 being electric bill. Bank statement shows debited the said amount on 07august, 2017but wbsedcl sent me a pending a notice informing me to get back refund of the debited amount from the bank but bank of india chinsurah branch, refused.
            Plz look into the mater.
            Gayatri nag

P.O. Bhatpara
              Dist. North 24 Pgs.
              Pin.743123

Sub. Covering of open distribution Grid/Fuse in front of Mukherjee Para
              Attached to Railway boundary wall.
              With due honor this is to inform you that the said distribution Board/Fuses are kept open
              all the times as a result often some crow, birds are becoming dead by electric shock with
              high flash.
              Now, in this rainy scissions it is very dangerous to the passer by with umbrella any time it
              may attract and cause death .
              As such, You are requested to make an arrangement to cover the said open circuits at the
              Earliest to avoid any future discrepancies.
              Trust, this will find your favorable consideration.
              Thanking you,
              Dated 04.07.2017 Yours faithfully,

(Prodip Ghosh)
              Secretary
              Bindubasini United Club Bhatpara
              NB .Furthermore, Please note that we have tried several times to contact with the
              SS, WBSEDCL Bhatpara but very sorry to inform you that every he was not available in his
              Office.

We are not staying at our flat since april'2017, & is still under lock & key. Main switch box is inside our flat and made switched off. We have paid last quarterly bill on 29/5/2017 through on line and we have received txn[protected].
                Its surprising to receive another bill quarterly rs.3429/- due on 18/8/2017 my con. Id[protected], which is erroneous.
                Aug 18, 2017
                Updated by Asim kumar parai
                I have not received any reply in any sort or in any manner from WBSEDCL. LETS SEE WHAT IS THEIR ACTION ON THIS ERRONEOUS BILL
                As on date I have not received any response from WBSEDCL. Let us see how long I have to wait and watch. My flat is still under lock & key, and I will surely wait for the next quarter vi-a-vis the bill after that.

My installation no is[protected]. On 4th august i have made payment of 22432.96 rs for month of june-aug'2017. Payment was deducted from account on the same day with transaction slip shown as successful but when i check the next day it shows payment failed. Bank also confirmed payment made successful from their end. Pls resolve at the earliest. Also earlier i have raised complaint for abnormal high bill since i stay alone and stays at home for mere 7/8 ours a day and bill comes to 20000 approx every three months. Complaint raised to teghoria branch even the meter contractor says abnormal pulse but still issue has not been attended. Pathetic service and torture of common people

Good day,
                    Kindly note that i moti lal singh consumer i'd no.[protected], meter no. L027798, residents at kaikhali, biman nagar, 2no. Lane, airport, kolkata 700052. Would like to draw your attention on outrageous bill amount for the month of apr to jun 2017.
                    I strongly suspect either reading mistake or malfunctioning of the meter, kindly check or rectify the error as soon as possible.

Thanking you.
                    Your respectfully
                    Moti lal singh
                    [protected]@gmail.com

Respected sir,
                      I, satish chandra giri, cosumer id[protected] under wbsedcl paid the electric bill on 4th august, bill dated aug-2017 to oct-2017, rs.1954.78 through online. The amount deducted from the debit card but idid not recieve the payment receipt. After waiting of one working day i did not receive any receipt and finally showed me that the payment status failed.
                      So i request to you to confirm my payment otherwise if any problem to submit the payment, i will get back my amount 1954.78 on my account.
                      I shall be highly obliged if you respond my complain.
                      Thanking you...

Satish chandra giri, consumer id[protected]
                      Vill-barsolemanpur, po.+ps-ramnagar, pin-721441, dist-purba medinipur
                      Contact no-[protected]

Just few minutes back i lodge a complaint regarding failure of making electricity bills online. Immediately after i received a phone call from mobile number[protected] asking my debit card number.
                        I do not understand how the card number is required for the purpose.
                        I therefore, requested to look into the matter and inform me at the earliest otherwise i have to complaint to cyber crime branch of the police department.
                        Aug 07, 2017
                        Updated by Prabhash Chandra Roy
                        I have received the quarterly electricity spot bill on 03.08.17. I wanted to make the payment online through my sbi debit card. But i am sorry to say that the payment could not be made since the page has not been responded after three times confirmation, though i have given all the requisite particulars.
                        Thanking you,
                        P. C. Roy,
                        Con. Id.[protected]

Consumer id: 15641408

I am from bira ballav para, pin-743234.in our locality we are suffering from serious power cut problem. Almost every day load shedding occurs at least for three to four hours. Power cut takes place almost 15 to 20 times per day. If we inform to the electric office they always give various funny excuses regarding this problem. Whereas power supply is absolutely good in our...

When some amount of rain starts power supply off for 5 hours & more. I complained wbsedcl but they don't care it. So i want to informed you. Actually our villagers suffered so much. Basically suffered children, patients & children's education. So i hopeless. Is there any solution to overcome this problem? I called & sms so many but no one can take a quick action?

My bill amount in the month of march 2017 was rs 88/-.in the june 2017 they given me a bill of rs 18013/-. On complaint it appears that my meter was faulty. They changed my meter in the last week of june 2017. After one month my bill has been given as rs 13000/-.

Redressal sought - my previous bill be cancelled due to faulty meter. New bill be given as per on the spot meter reading. No disconnection of electricity be permitted till then. Installation no : 2768412. Ccustomer id[protected].
                            Aug 03, 2017
                            Updated by Bhaskarjanu
                            plz call me back [protected] or [protected] about the complaint

Respected sir,
                              L have to complained march 17 by socketed. And last time written complained on23/6/17 no 112 to my local wbsedcl office balir more 712103 for a new electric meter instead of faulty stopped meter. Meter reading person and local office engineer checked and accepted the stopped meter lot of times inquired but no response till date.
                              I am a sr. Citizen have to pay excess amount for that.
                              In this connection...