Maruti Alto Lxi

Maruti Alto Lxi Complaints & Reviews

I like to draw your ateention on the following points for my dissatisfaction in repairing work in M/S Bhandari Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. Kharagpur. West-Bengal.for my car Registration No.WB-34N-9077. I purchased the car in March'2006. Unfortunately I met with an accident in oct'2006 and the aciidental repair was attended by M/S Bhandari Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. Kharagpur and the same was handed over to me without proper repair. Since I was a new hand then I could not detect steering problem immediately but the said defect was brought to the notice of the dealer. The dealer assured me to rectify the defect. Unfortunately I met with a second accident in April'2009. Again the accidental repair was attended by the dealer, but the car was handed over to me without being proper repaired i.e with the same problem rather worst in streering. Moreover the car was handed over to me without proper verification and I am thankful to God that I have been saved from a serious accident with such defective vehicle. It is very sorry to say that such type of service is not at all expected from a reputed company as well as from a reputed dealer.
Thnaking You.
Pradip Ranjan Bose.
I hope that you will look into the matter urgently so that the defect may be rectified at the earliest.

From

MARUTI SUZUKI INDIA LTD.
    PALAM GURGAON ROAD
    GURGAON-122015
    HARYANA

Sub : Complaint regarding delivery of defective Maruti alto Lxi.
    Ref : Invoice No.50079 AL 1-1M dtd[protected].

This is to bring to your notice and to request remedial measures for the bitter experience, I had in purchasing one Maruti alto Lxi from M/s Popular sales & services, Trivandrum as per the details below :

Name of Dealer Popular Vehicles & Services Ltd.
    Killippalam, Karamana Post,
    Trivandrum
    Dealer code 1601
    Date of delivery [protected]
    Vehicel Model Maruti Alto Lxi
    Invoice No. 50079 AL 1-1M dtd[protected].
    Chassis No. MA3EYD81SO1371075
    Engine No. F8DN3657378
    Registration No. KL-01-AV 1941

I took delivery of the above mentioned vehicle on[protected], on the day of delivery itself, the AC cooling was not there, when I reported the matter to the show room, they told me that the cooling will start after the vehicle run for sometime. As this was my first car, I believed what the showroom people told me and even after running 60 Kilometers, the AC was not at all functioning and horn was also started malfunctioning as it was working only intermittently, and whenever I switched on the AC the fans were blowing only hot air and I could make out that the AC was not at all working and I have been cheated with a defective alto lxi.

Further to this on[protected], I took the vehicle to the showroom and they directed me to the Maruti Service (popular) where after inspection of the vehicle, the service people told me that the compressor of AC was not working. The compressor was not holding the gas as one of the nuts is defective. They told me that they will take out the compressor and sent for overhauling at some other work station and will return it to me after four days. This clearly shows that I have been sold a defective maruti alto lxi. Even as on date the compressor was not refitted in my vehicle. When I contacted the Maruti show room and service center, I have been told that the compressor is faulty beyond repair and they will replace the same within a week.

From the above, I come to the conclusion that

(1) Contrary to what people are made to believe, the dealer has not checked the vehicle throuroughly before delivery. they have been deliberately cheating me with supplying a defective car.
    (2) After the sale, the dealer’s response was indifferent and even now they have not made any earnest attempts to replace the defective compressor.
    (3) I have been sold a defective car at the cost of a Maruti alto Lxi.
    (4) If the AC compressor or anyother part of the vehicle is defective at the time of delivery itself, as the dealers say, it is a manufacturing defect and as such I must be adequately compensated for the mental agony, I have been through in purchasing a Marut vehicle besides replacing a new vehicle.

I therefore, request you to take immediate measures to replace the whole vehicle and to compensate me adequately for the mental agony the purchase of the Maruti vehicle caused to me, failing which I will be compelled to file a consumer case.

Awaiting your early reply,

Sincerely,

Anil Kumar.V
    photo of car after taking out AC compressor and pasting the tubes on the walls with tapes.attached

DELIVERY DATE CONFIRMATION.
      I have booked one maruti alto lx model car at M/s Oneup India Pvt. Ltd., Alambagh, Lucknow and paid full amount to the Company, but after a lapse of 15 days I have not yet the car. The colour of my choice is metallic microbeach.

Maruti is well-reputed company, I am very shocked that the company is not in a position to deliver the car.

Please do the needful for the same.

Thanks and Oblige

Puneet Srivatava
      Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

i purchased maruti alto lxi in aug 2007. when in march, 20008, i started using ac, there was no cooling. then i approached modern automobiles in chd from where car was purchased. was told that there is probem with ac pipe and it was replaced under warranty.job card incoive number BC07012559dated 10 march, 2008. . again in aug, 2008 i felyt that cooling was less. so i again approached modern. was told that there is no leakage but gas was filled a bit less. so again filled gas. now this year again as i hv started using ac, im feeling that cooling is less. can u pl depute someone from maruti to get it checked thoroughly to know the ault and get it rectifies. car is still under warranty. car was purchased in my mother's name that is mrs. kamal sodhi.
        my e-mail- [protected]@rediffmail.com
        phone number-[protected]

MARUTI ALTO LXI — power stearing

I have Purchisd an alto car on 8/10/2007 From popular cochin, I feel a knoking sound from the stearing &sdid to the mechanic of the dealer but not yet it is not corrected

MARUTI ALTO LXI — In-proper & wrong analysis by Iffco Tokyo Insurance Company

I had purchased my alto lxi from manraj motors, jalgaon in Dec'2005
        In pune, when my car was parked at a place, an unknown vehical has dashed my car.
        When I went to Kothari Wheels, I told to claim for insurance, I got only some plastic & outer sheet metal parts reimbursment.
        But when I taken trial of my car, found that power stearing is very jam & hard to move & stearing wheel is also found bend. Insurance co. / surveyeor is refusing for recovery of this problem & telling that this problem was existing before.
        My car was altimately defectless before such incidance. This analysis done is wrong.
        I told to kothari wheels to look into the matter but they said that the matter is between car owner & Insurance company & we are only service provider. What repairing we will do, payment we should get either from car owner or insurance company.
        I didn't taken delivery of car from dealer.
        I expect you to look into matter. pl. send your expert to analyse the issue correctly.
        I was planned to go for Grahak Munch but felt to contact you first.
        Pl. reply on top priority.

Redards,

Manish Chaudhari
        Pune.

Maruti Alto — car ac

i took a maruti alto car , three months back but there is some problem with the air conditioner of my car. i complaints lot of time, but nobody listning me so kindly help me thank you
        I am facing problem with my alto lxi, model 2009. when I switch on the ac..and that time gear 1 or 2 not work properly means not get speed...please tell me what is the problem with my alto..
        Sirkhat Hussain
        Assam

Dear Concern,

This is to bring to your notice that I purchased Maruti Alto LXI in February 2008 from authorized dealer Rohan Motors Noida. My car is going to complete 1 year and I didn't face any problem from my dealer. But from past 2months I have been getting unauthorized calls from JK motors (sec-9 Noida-[protected]) forcing me to get my insurance done from them. I am aware of my renewal date and will do the payment accordingly but they don’t have any authority to harass me. Kindly take requisite action against this.

Shakiba Mannan
          Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

I have purchased Maruti Alto LXI from Navneet Motors Thane on January 8, 2008 in exchange of the second hand Maruti[protected], which I purchased in 2000 September and used it fir 8 years. It had an excellent performance.But since I am a Kidney Transplant Patient staying in Palghar and need to go to Mumbai for my medical follow-ups regularly, I was forced to go in for a low budget new car.My wife drive the car single handedly as I cannot afford a drive.But she is very unhappy with the performace .I will be highly obliged if you look into the matter at the earliest and help me out.Thanking You and eagerly awaiting your positive response.
            I agree with few of the complaints mentioned above because I too have faced such inconveniences.
            my key of alto lxi is lost so i want to know that how i can get a new key .I m having the key number of my key.

To

The Chief General Manager (Service)
              MARUTI UDYOG LIMITED
              Palam Guragan Road,
              Gurgaon – 122015

January 29 2008

May I approach your good self with following and crave the favour of your taking a compassionate view of my miserable plight:

That I have purchased a new Maruti ALTO LXI on 08/10/2008 from Competent Automobiles Co. Ltd Tikkar (Didwin) Hamirpur (H.P). The above car was fully insured through your company vide policy No. 4685163 before its delivery.

I had hand over the vehicle at your workshop Competent Automobiles Co. Ltd Tikkar (Didwin) Hamirpur (H.P) on 31.10.2008 vide job order No. 504215 for its repair. Consequently, I have taken back my car after about one moth i.e.28.11.2008. However, your company had charged Rs. 23000/- (Rs.21500/- cash against receipt No.C003755 dated 28/11/2008 + Rs.1500/- by adjusting of receipt for Crain charges from NIT campus to works Tikkar (Didwin). It is not clear for me when my car (Vehicle & Accessories) was fully insured and even one month has not been completed after its purchase then why Rs.23000/- has been charged from me. I have asked for details of Rs. 23000/- but your company personal give me evasion reply in this regard, which is not desirable.

After my repeating demand for details of Rs.23000/-, the competent automobiles co.ltd. has refunded me Rs. 3843/- vide cheque No.054960 dated 23/1/2009 and verbally told me that a sum of Rs.7900/- has been deducted for new parts in addition to 50% depreciation. Although I had purchased the above car during October 2008 and was fully insured (Vehicle & Accessories) then it should be charged from insurance company not from me.

I must make it clear that my patience is fully exhausted and ultimately I have written to your good self for appropriated intervention in the matter and refund excess amount to me charged by your company.

Thanking you.

Yours faithfully,

(Gulab Singh Thakur)
              Electrical Egg. Deptt.,
              National Institute of Technology,
              Hamirpur (HP) 177 005
              Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

I have sent following Emails to Maruti but no feedback on compaint.

Reminder 3,

--- On Sun, 25/1/09, Rangnath Joshi <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Fw: Re: HT20090118_[protected] Fw: Complaint of my Alto LXI
                Date: Sunday, 25 January, 2009, 8:47 AM

Remainder 2, If this Email is not taken seriously, the matter will be raised in consumer court, Rangnath Joshi

--- On Fri, 23/1/09, Rangnath Joshi <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: HT20090118_[protected] Fw: Complaint of my Alto LXI
                Date: Friday, 23 January, 2009, 2:20 AM

Reminder
                --- On Sun, 18/1/09, Rangnath Joshi <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: HT20090118_[protected] Fw: Complaint of my Alto LXI
                Date: Sunday, 18 January, 2009, 11:41 PM

Dear Sir, Since from the purchasing till date, my car is being servised at Wonder Cars only who is the dealer of Maruti. Regards, Rangnath Joshi

--- On Sun, 18/1/09, [protected]@maruti.co.in <[protected]@maruti.co.in> wrote:

From: [protected]@maruti.co.in <[protected]@maruti.co.in>
                Subject: HT20090118_[protected] Fw: Complaint of my Alto LXI
                To: [protected]@yahoo.com
                Date: Sunday, 18 January, 2009, 11:37 PM

Please include the following line in all replies.
                Tracking number: HT20090118_[protected]

Dear Mr. Joshi,

Thank you for visiting our website.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you, however we request you to kindly
                confirm us the Name, location or code of the Maruti Authorized Service Station
                or Dealer Workshop from where you got the last car serviced. This will help us
                to resolve your complaint at the earliest.

1903-01

SOLAPUR ROAD
                OLD POOL GATE
                CAMP
                PUNE-411001

Thanking & assuring you of our best services at all times.

Please feel free to revert in case of any query or clarification.

ANY TIME MARUTI
                (Call- [protected] or Toll Free[protected]
                International Toll Free Numbers:
                [protected]From USA and Canada)
                [protected]From UK)
                Please Visit us at <http://www.marutisuzuki.com>
                ==========================
                -----Original Message-----
                From: Rangnath Joshi <[protected]@yahoo.com
                Sent: Jan 18, 2009 10:25:54 PM IST

Please refer my Email below which I had sent on 13 Dec. 2008, but there is no
                reply from your side. Even though the Email Id was different, but the same
                should be forwarded to from your internal departments.

You are requested to take immediate action on same.

Thanks & Regards,

To: "[protected]@maruti.co.in"
                <[protected]@maruti.co.in
                Date: Saturday, 13 December, 2008, 8:06 PM

This is Rangnath R. Joshi, from Pune. I have purchased Maruti Alto LXI on
                30/4/2006 from Wonder Cars Pvt. Ltd., Pune.

I was facing the problem of vibrations of vehicle at particular speed 80
                Km/Hr. The problem was noticed around the car running 7500 Kms.

When it was discussed with Wonder Cars, they replaced 4 Tyres of car when the
                car running was around 16000 Kms. and the problem was temporary sorted. (May be
                due to new tyres)

(Your Maruti Suzuki's representatives had also visited to my place for the
                enquiry of the same when the temporary problem was sorted)

When the 5th tyre was replaced due to puncture, the problem was noticed again.

I am continuously chasing Wonder Cars since the running was 30, 000 Kms.
                But Wonder Cars are unable to sort my problem and they are asking me to
                replace the Tyres with my expenses.

(As per std., life of tyre is 40, 000 Kms. My tyres are replaced around 16000
                Kms. Present running is 40, 000 kms. that means new tyres are also not used to
                their full lives. If the problem is only due to tyres, why Maruti is providing
                the lower quality tyres? and why customer should face the problem? I am not
                responsible for the same.)

My car is with extended warrantee of 4 years. I need my car to be problem
                free.

Please take this as a serious complaint and look into the matter immediately.

I have already recommended many customers to purchase Alto Cars.

Considering my problem and best services, you are requested to sort my problem
                to avoid further complications.

Thanks & Regards,

Rangnath Joshi

My contact details are as below..

Rangnath R. Joshi
                Astitwa, Gat. No. 489, Near Dnyanai School,
                Opposite to Mercedse Benz Comany,
                Jadhavwadi, Chikli, Pune.
                Ph. [protected]
                i am also feeling same problem and my car is also vibrating at speed of 70 km/h speed. i have also visited to maruti dealer at jodhpur i.e. krishna pvt. ltd. but they just tried to convince me by saying that this is common problen in maruti alto car. i raised voice against this and raised my voice, nw i am going to file a consumer suit.
                Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

I have purchases an ALTO LXI car on 01.10.08 from M/S Krishna Auto sales (P) Ltd Jodhpur. I am working in Punjab National Bank at Jodhpur. Your dealer has assured me that a coporate discount of Rs.5000/- will be given to me on purchase of Alto LXI. I have completed all required formalities i.e. submitted required documents for the purpose. But as the company sales executive says these documents were misplaced at the company office. He said that he will fix liability of the concerned person and pay the corporate discount, But till date They have not paid any discount. On enquiry they denied payment of discount saying that now the claim of discount from Maruti company is not possible. I have lodged complaints on 24.12.08, 26.12.08, 29.12.08, 31.12.08 and lastly on 10.01.09 to contactmaruti.com under HT 20081224_[protected] but no positive response is recieved from your estimed company.

I finally request you to please look into the matter and arrange to make payment of corporate discount of Rs. 5000/- to me.

The name and address of the dealer at Jodhpur is as follows :-

M/s Krishna Autosales (P) Ltd
                  Shastri nagar Ind. Area Jodhpur.

with regards,

Laxman SIngh Rathore
                  Punjab Nationa Bank
                  Angira Darpan
                  Chopasni Raod Jodhpur

Email add :- [protected]@pnb.co.in

ALTO LX — non payment of corporate discount.

i have purchased a ALTO LX model from KTL PVT Ltd. Faizabad Road Lucknow on 28/12/2007, my Engine NO. is 1208013 anc chases No. 1088208.
                  It is to inform you that I have not been given Corporate discount since I am an officer o[censored]P COOPERATIVE BANK LTD LUCkNOW. and it is not informed me by the Vendor.

I would like to request you to please reimburse me Rs. 2, 000/- as corporate discount.
                  For further query you may contact me over phone No. [protected].

Yours sincerely

ALOK SAXENA

Alto Lxi — Non payment of corporate discount by dealer

I am an employee of Punjab National Bank, Presently working at Jodhpur. I have bought an Alto LXI from Krishna auto sales (P) Ltd Jodhpur vide their bill No. 458 dated 25.09.08. I have submitted documents for getting corporate discount of rs.5000/-

The dealer has misplaced documents and later refused to pay the above discount. I have also lodged complaint through your call centre/Email but no response has been recieved so far.

It is requested that timely action please be taken in this regard and arrange to pay above discount to me at the earlliest.

I am mailing a letter dated 02.04.09 in the name of CMD Maruti suzuki LTd. Please look into matter.
                  Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

I had bought Maruti Alto lxi in November 2008. Due to heavy rains in chennai for the last few days, there was severe water logging and the car was submerged in the water for 2 days. I had called the helpline for towing the vehicle to the service centre. The 1 st service was carried over and I have been informed that the alternator is not working.
                    I would like to know whether the replacement of alternator comes under your warranty, which i had seen in the manual given by Maruti Suzuki. Kindly clarify and please let me know.

kapoor
                    Well the alternator is covered under warranty against defects in manufacture and installation. It is not covered for damage caused by accident, flooding etc. Therefore, the warranty on the alternator is void

Maruti Alto Lxi Recent Comments